Opinions from College NT'ers, Summer School to take 4 classes or not?

from my experience, it really depends on how human your professor is. Some summer courses you will get the professor who is trying to enjoy their fun in the sun too. Others, you will get academic drones who want to push you harder because they think you signed up for the class because you thought summer classes were an easy fix. Just make sure you get the right professor and you should be straight

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

So I'm in a jam to say the least.

Summer School:
-2 Sessions, each session consists of 6 weeks.  So you're taking a 16 week course in 6 weeks!  My chemistry class is a 12 week session!
-I took Anatomy 1, Psychology and Chemistry in the 1st session and have finished everything except chemistry because that's a 12 week course.
-For the second session I was thinking of taking Microbiology, Human Development, and Anatomy 2 with Chemistry.  Keep in mind this is 6 weeks only!
-Would I be crazy to take those classes all together?
-I want to finish all my pre-reqs before September 1st so I can apply for the program I want to get into.

Chime in. Thanks
Dude, look at that schedule!
If you think you can handle doing approx double the work you did last session, then I would say go right ahead but it seems pretty tough, just by the looks of that.

Keep that GPA high!

Whatever you do, good luck bro, 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Do it.

Summer classes at FIU are gold, thats why financial aid doesnt pay for them.

Taking full courses in 6 weeks is
smokin.gif
just took a business law final today that i started at the

end of may.

Summer B starts Monday. Two degrees in 4 years ... yuh simmie doe
Which degrees do you have?  I just graduated from FIU and I can't sign up for summer classes need to get on the phone with an advisor asap.  Might have to take microbiology there.  I'm going to take all the classes though.  Thanks for your input guys.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

So I'm in a jam to say the least.

Summer School:
-2 Sessions, each session consists of 6 weeks.  So you're taking a 16 week course in 6 weeks!  My chemistry class is a 12 week session!
-I took Anatomy 1, Psychology and Chemistry in the 1st session and have finished everything except chemistry because that's a 12 week course.
-For the second session I was thinking of taking Microbiology, Human Development, and Anatomy 2 with Chemistry.  Keep in mind this is 6 weeks only!
-Would I be crazy to take those classes all together?
-I want to finish all my pre-reqs before September 1st so I can apply for the program I want to get into.

Chime in. Thanks
Dude, look at that schedule!
If you think you can handle doing approx double the work you did last session, then I would say go right ahead but it seems pretty tough, just by the looks of that.

Keep that GPA high!

Whatever you do, good luck bro, 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Do it.

Summer classes at FIU are gold, thats why financial aid doesnt pay for them.

Taking full courses in 6 weeks is
smokin.gif
just took a business law final today that i started at the

end of may.

Summer B starts Monday. Two degrees in 4 years ... yuh simmie doe
Which degrees do you have?  I just graduated from FIU and I can't sign up for summer classes need to get on the phone with an advisor asap.  Might have to take microbiology there.  I'm going to take all the classes though.  Thanks for your input guys.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

I wouldn't do that. You're talking about a seven week class in which they gotta get a whole semester's worth of stuff in, so it's all crammed into 7 weeks. Taking 4 of those = a massive amount of work = an incredible amount of stress. Then you gotta turn around & go back to school in August? Nah. I'm only taking one.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

I wouldn't do that. You're talking about a seven week class in which they gotta get a whole semester's worth of stuff in, so it's all crammed into 7 weeks. Taking 4 of those = a massive amount of work = an incredible amount of stress. Then you gotta turn around & go back to school in August? Nah. I'm only taking one.

You're looking at taking sciences dude chill out. You already know the amount of work from the class + labs. Multiply that by the difficulty you have with each subject tack on if you are working and doing ECs. I'd drop it to 2 sciences and 1 non-science course. You don't want to burn out before the Fall semester starts.

You're looking at taking sciences dude chill out. You already know the amount of work from the class + labs. Multiply that by the difficulty you have with each subject tack on if you are working and doing ECs. I'd drop it to 2 sciences and 1 non-science course. You don't want to burn out before the Fall semester starts.

Originally Posted by kickstart

Listen to this man. How is it even physically possible to do four courses? Aren't all these classes 3-4 hours a day four days a week? What if you get a quiz in the middle of the week? How do you study for that?

Originally Posted by kickstart

Listen to this man. How is it even physically possible to do four courses? Aren't all these classes 3-4 hours a day four days a week? What if you get a quiz in the middle of the week? How do you study for that?

Thats a bit OD but summer and winter classes are the business, especially when you royally #%@+$* up your freshman year like me and want to graduate on time. The combination of classes you are taking may be recipe for disaster unless you are fully committed to them and only them during that time span.

Thats a bit OD but summer and winter classes are the business, especially when you royally #%@+$* up your freshman year like me and want to graduate on time. The combination of classes you are taking may be recipe for disaster unless you are fully committed to them and only them during that time span.

Back
Top Bottom