Opinions on the X3. BMW heads , need opinions.

My moms bout to kop a new car and she currently drives a bmw x3si 08 , she still owes like 7k on it, and she took it to the dealer and wanted to offer her like 10k or something low for the trade in. 
i told her i'd take over the payments maybe but im not 100% sure if i want it or not. i do want a SUV and i like how the x3 drives . i also want to get into watersports since i live in fl, jetski's, boating etc so i could tow stuff with the x3 or even just have good fishing days with it.

the only reason im not sure about it is it does have like 125k miles on it and my mom still daily drives it so thats just going up. i also seen the new new x3's like 2012 and they are way more updated and luxury then the 08. i could just kop something new when im done paying off my current car. 

Can i get some opinions from the NT community on this? i seen some guy post about a 545 a few days ago and seems like their is some knowledgable people on here in the BMW field. 

this is how the car currently looks

47946849.jpg
interior : 
bmw-x3-series-fort-wayne-in_31661_V10572BDC_32.jpg

after i kop i'd try to make it look like this:

39065464001_large.jpg
or like this
EE7G2310.jpg

NO. Pass. Too high miles and the old gen was weak...the NEW X3.......yea very nice update.

hate the X3 from a looks standpoint.

it just looks like somethings missing.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

NO. Pass. Too high miles and the old gen was weak...the NEW X3.......yea very nice update.

yeah this is what im thinking but figured i'd post and see what other people think. i don't want to spend more $ fixing the car then what its worth. also after sitting in a new x3 i kind of feel like waiting. but the thing attracting me is the price i'd get it from my mom and that my mom is the only person to drive it and shes an old lady driver so its not like some people who torture the car the whole life of it and then get rid of it when their is little life in it

No whey. Two many miles on that. I would never kop a used BMW. I kould never drive one with that many miles knowing it's going to brake down soon.

didnt even notice it was an 08?
eek.gif
it has more miles than my car, and i drive an 01
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

That's my crucial issue.  That's why I'd say no. 

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

No whey. Two many miles on that. I would never kop a used BMW. I kould never drive one with that many miles knowing it's going to brake down soon.
This has too many miles, but I would never buy a BMW new honestly.

well i guess i got my answer /end thread! lol thanks for the opinions guys looks like i save my money another day!

I hate when people say that Jay-Z line knowing damn well they driving a corolla. Come on bruh a new X5 costs about 60k minimum. Don't let Jay gas you up.

As far as the X3 OP is talking about if your mother owned the X3 since it was new and has taken proper care of the car I say go for it. Hell my mother owned a 2005 S430 MBZ since day one and it has 336k miles on it and still runs strong.

I'm confused with a couple of things.

1) Why are you and your mom talking about money like that? Do you feel good in profiting off your own mother?

2) Why drive something you can't afford? A lot of imports give you better reliability, mileage and affordability

3) You don't need NT to give you a confirmation on what you should do.

If you really had the ability, you can buy a BRAND NEW SUV and be your own person as well as help your mom. Using a SUV as a daily commute is harsh on the wallet.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

I do wish they brought the X1 over. The X5 is class though as well as the X3 PREMIUM.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I hate when people say that Jay-Z line knowing damn well they driving a corolla. Come on bruh a new X5 costs about 60k minimum. Don't let Jay gas you up.

As far as the X3 OP is talking about if your mother owned the X3 since it was new and has taken proper care of the car I say go for it. Hell my mother owned a 2005 S430 MBZ since day one and it has 336k miles on it and still runs strong.

after hearing that now im back to thinking about getting it lol damn this a tuff choice. 
oh and yeah my mom had it since new, all the miles where put on by her. car was regularly maintained by the dealer while under warranty

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I'm confused with a couple of things.

1) Why are you and your mom talking about money like that? Do you feel good in profiting off your own mother?

2) Why drive something you can't afford? A lot of imports give you better reliability, mileage and affordability

3) You don't need NT to give you a confirmation on what you should do.

If you really had the ability, you can buy a BRAND NEW SUV and be your own person as well as help your mom. Using a SUV as a daily commute is harsh on the wallet.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

I do wish they brought the X1 over. The X5 is class though as well as the X3 PREMIUM.
1) the dealer aint offering her really much more than what she owe so i told her i'd take it if you gonna give it away for that
2) i can afford this, i could afford something new but if i have a chance to take advantage of a good offer i will. People with money don't have money very long if you spend it unwisely. this would be my 3rd car if i got this off my mom. i have a weekend warrior, a daily driver and then this would be my SUV

3) I'm not looking for confirmation im just looking for opinions because im struggling on trying to decide whether its worth it or not because im clueless on BMW brand.

my mom has money so it not like it would kill her to give me the SUV for a price that the is only a little less than what the dealer is offering already.

thanks for your two cents tho thats what im looking for in creating this thread. 

whats the difference between the x5 and the x3? the x5 is just bigger right? 

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

"We don't drive X5's we give 'em to baby-mammas"
laugh.gif

Can you afford an x5 bruh?

Jay got you kids brainwashed.
For the price, I would go bigger though. Like a Tahoe or Denali or something. 

heatking wrote:

oh and yeah my mom had it since new, all the miles where put on by her. car was regularly maintained by the dealer while under warranty

To be fair though, if it is maintained by BMW maintenance program, then that might not be the best thing in the long run. Ever since BMW made the free maintenance program, they've made a lot of changes to the maintenance intervals and they only do the most minimum to keep the car running until your car pretty much runs out of warranty. For example, before that maintenance plan, BMW suggested an oil change after the break-in period of 1500 miles and suggested changes oils every 7500 miles, now with the program, they won't change that oil until you hit 15,000 miles. I know oils are much better these days but most BMW enthusiasts simply change the oil or do the usual maintenance interval at their cost if they plan to keep the car a long time, it just makes more sense. If the car is leased, then who cares about all that, it'll be the next owners problem I guess. 

when jay says that line he is saying he is got money. he dont drive those expensive suv's he just gives them away to his side chick cuz he got money to get better cars thats are more expensive.

why not just cop a beater truck if all you're doing is pulling jetski's with it? 

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

why not just cop a beater truck if all you're doing is pulling jetski's with it? 

i figured 7k would be a price of a beater truck right? i dont want to buy a 2500 truck and have to spend more fixing it then its worth. plus its nice to have some luxury when i go fishing and jetski'n:smile: 

Originally Posted by RFX45

heatking wrote:

To be fair though, if it is maintained by BMW maintenance program, then that might not be the best thing in the long run. Ever since BMW made the free maintenance program, they've made a lot of changes to the maintenance intervals and they only do the most minimum to keep the car running until your car pretty much runs out of warranty. For example, before that maintenance plan, BMW suggested an oil change after the break-in period of 1500 miles and suggested changes oils every 7500 miles, now with the program, they won't change that oil until you hit 15,000 miles. I know oils are much better these days but most BMW enthusiasts simply change the oil or do the usual maintenance interval at their cost if they plan to keep the car a long time, it just makes more sense. If the car is leased, then who cares about all that, it'll be the next owners problem I guess. 

thanks for the info bro, this is why i post on here or other forums for ++!* i dont know about because people are knowledgable and any info helps when your investing money into things

Originally Posted by heatking

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i figured 7k would be a price of a beater truck right? i dont want to buy a 2500 truck and have to spend more fixing it then its worth. plus its nice to have some luxury when i go fishing and jetski'n:smile: 
true, idk bro it's not like you're going to be paying a ton.  i'd buy it if your mom has taken good care of it.

Back
Top Bottom