Organizing iTunes (help me!)

Originally Posted by tripleDUNK

Zune
roll.gif

Never put the feat like Dr.Dre Feat Eminem, put it like Dr.Dre - Still Dre (ft. Snoop Dogg).
That is the best way to do it.

^They're called Column Browsers under the view option. I find them very useful for going through my music quickly and finding what I really feel like hearing. I still use the search function a ton but when you mess with them and get it how you want it they're awesome.

thank you! that is helpful information as well.

this is what I was wondering about exactly though.

2d9ea08.png

hey do you still collect all those blurays?

i use to talk to you in that thread a bit, which i could never find again ...

not sure if you remember me, the homegirl shay from cali.

Is there any program that can replace iTunes? I need to sync my iPhone but everytime i try with Itunes it puts couple songs on there and then gives me a errormessage. Something disc cant be readed blaa blaa.

Someone help me.

I have all my loose end tracks that are not in a album formatted like this.

10mr81t.png

Can anyone recommend a way to organize singles? I have 1000+ to sort through with this one.

PO

quick question...
I've been organizing my itunes for the past week now.. (name,song,album,artwork) etc.

if I copy the music folder on my mac, to an external hard drive.. and when i transfer it to another cpu, will everything still be edited when i open it onanother itunes? or will it be back to the original file before editing album artwork and all that? someone answer!

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Is there any program that can replace iTunes? I need to sync my iPhone but everytime i try with Itunes it puts couple songs on there and then gives me a error message. Something disc cant be readed blaa blaa.
Floola is a great alternative to iTunes from what I hear

so what is the best import setting the itunes has on their import settings list?

and i got another problem that happens a bit. for example, animal collective released an album(Merriweather post pavillion) and a an EP(Fall be Kind) thisyear(2009, same year). i previously only had the merriweather the album imported and i just recently bought the ep because it released after the album, butwhen i imported the EP it would be listed before the Album. I have my itunes set up to be listed by year, cuz there is no date option. i know that right now itis listed this way because if its in the same year it will just list by alphabetical order. but it there a way i can make it list down to the very date?

Who ever needs to import try sharepod.. its free too. I used it last night and it did an excellent job, although it changed maybe 8% of my songs to a differentartist.

I had to format and didnt get to export my itunes library. Basically the program lets you hook up your ipod, transfer the songs from the ipod to the computerthan it automatically adds everything to iTunes the original way you had it.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

^They're called Column Browsers under the view option. I find them very useful for going through my music quickly and finding what I really feel like hearing. I still use the search function a ton but when you mess with them and get it how you want it they're awesome.

thank you! that is helpful information as well.

this is what I was wondering about exactly though.

hey do you still collect all those blurays?

i use to talk to you in that thread a bit, which i could never find again ...

not sure if you remember me, the homegirl shay from cali.

What exactly were you wondering about with the folders? I think that guy was just using them for his own "column browser" on theplaylist side. I remember you for sure. That thread still floats around actually. I'm not collecting Blu-rays as much anymore. I still enjoy them a lot butit became an addictive/expensive hobby so I went cold turkey basically.
laugh.gif

Back to the thread...

Josh, I don't think you can sort by date anyway possible but have you tried adding "Jan 2008" vs "Feb 2008" (or whatever, you know whatI mean) in the year column or is it only 4 characters? I can't mess with iTunes right now because i'm away from my drive. That would drive me crazy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Juhst, consolidate your folder to your drive. Don't just copy.

I really hate that I can't get my drive back right now. FML.

What's the best Pandora alternative?

Back
Top Bottom