Organizing iTunes (help me!)

Damn, those skins are for mac only
frown.gif

On topic though i used TuneUp and it worked pretty damn good, and i have over 5k songs. BTW yall need to step it up in the quality department, 9k songs andonly 40 gigs? i have 5k and 35gigs.

Before I lost all 18,000 of my songs
smh.gif
, I had it all mapped out by artist, genre, album and rating...I rated everything with album art 5 stars. You definitelyhave to do it from start if you plan on keeping all the songs for the long-run.

Originally Posted by javier5857

frown.gif

On topic though i used TuneUp and it worked pretty damn good, and i have over 5k songs. BTW yall need to step it up in the quality department, 9k songs and only 40 gigs? i have 5k and 35gigs.

True story. I have 6100 with 35GB. Been trying to convert old albums to higher quality slowly.

Anybody with the HD transfer tips??
happy.gif
happy.gif

I know apple lossless is good, but 30mb per song is a bit OD, ive only done it for a few albums, otherwise i only download/rip at 320KB or higher.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

frown.gif

On topic though i used TuneUp and it worked pretty damn good, and i have over 5k songs. BTW yall need to step it up in the quality department, 9k songs and only 40 gigs? i have 5k and 35gigs.

True story. I have 6100 with 35GB. Been trying to convert old albums to higher quality slowly.

happy.gif
happy.gif

How do you convert sound quality?

I've been doing back and getting rid of weak 128 Albums I ripped into my tunes. I believe that's the default copy for CDs that i've had and rippedin the past. All i've done is get rid of those and import 320 rips for what I can.

God this is frustrating moving iTunes. I don't understand why I can't figure this out.

Well, I see this question asked in this forum numerous times a month, so I figured I would make a post with steps on how to transfer music from your iPod to your PC without downloading or purchasing any programs.

Steps

1. Open "My Computer"
2. Open "F" Drive (Removable Disk)
3. Goto "Tool" on the Menu Bar of the "F" Drive
4. Open "Folder Options..."
5. In "Folder Options...", select the tab "View"
6. Find "Hidden files and folders" on the "View List"
7. Select the bullet "Show hidden files and folders"
8. Return to the "F" Drive window, you should now seen what was then a hidden folder named "iPod_Control"
9. Open "iPod_Control"
10. You should see what was a hidden folder named "Music"
11. Copy that folder onto your PC

Notes

In the music folder, there will be other folders named "F00", "F01", "F02" and so on. These folder contain all of your MP3 and M4A files. These files don't have the same file name as when you added them to your iPod, instead they will consist of four letter file names (They will appear in your Library with same artist/song name/album/etc. as when you added them to your iPod. If you want to re-name your file so you know which is which song, after adding them to your library, right click on the file, "Get Info", and it should contain the four letter file name it was given while being on your iPod.

Hope this helps some of you, sorry about it being lengthy.

somebody posted this on here like back in '06
laugh.gif
. i savedit

its a free way to get whatever you want off you ipod

only thing is that the file names will all be 4 letter codes

but all the metadata is still saved

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

frown.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

How do you convert sound quality?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]YOU CANT[/color]

Technically you can convert your music from 128kbps to 320kbps
BUT... the end result is only as good as the original file...
sure it looks better but its gonna sound the same, maybe worse.

your best bet is to go to your library and find hardcopys or borrow from friends and rip them to your computer, or search the internet for better qualityversions

Originally Posted by jrp44

Anyone know if I can get songs off my ipod to itunes? my old laptop is done and I can't get on there to retrieve itunes and all of my music is on there....please tell me there is a way to get the songs off my ipod onto itunes on my new laptop
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

idump

It works and its free

Is the difference in 128 vs 320 that significant? I've never really done a test or anything.

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

your best bet is to go to your library and find hardcopys or borrow from friends and rip them to your computer, or search the internet for better quality versions
Hello, i buy physical copies of all my music, so i was wondering what import setting do i use to rip all my music on 320 bit rate and if possibleto do with all cds? or does it depend on the cd(since the cd would have the highest quality available for ripping on itunes since its the official copy)? likesome cds can only rip at 128, 256m 320, ect or the setting does matter? The current import setting i have is i guess the default rip setting because i didnttouch it after reinstalling itunes.

and one more question for the rest of the itunes experts, i have my itunes very organized, and for example, the album "popular demand" by black milk,has black milk manually input by me under the album artist, but when i synced the album onto an ipod, Black milk showed up twice under the artist list with onesection having the songs that have features and the other section with him just solo on the song. its really killing me that artist show up more than onceunder the artist list when i have my itunes organized, especially when i pretty much like to listen to albums all the way through and dont do the random thingmuch and this is not possible when half the songs are in another section.

^Are you sure there aren't a different number of spaces in the name? Try highlighting all the songs by Black Milk and do a get info and change the name forall the files and see if that works. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea about what to do.

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

your best bet is to go to your library and find hardcopys or borrow from friends and rip them to your computer, or search the internet for better quality versions
Hello, i buy physical copies of all my music, so i was wondering what import setting do i use to rip all my music on 320 bit rate and if possible to do with all cds? or does it depend on the cd(since the cd would have the highest quality available for ripping on itunes since its the official copy)? like some cds can only rip at 128, 256m 320, ect or the setting does matter? The current import setting i have is i guess the default rip setting because i didnt touch it after reinstalling itunes.

HERE IS A REALLY GOOD GUIDE TO RIPPING YOUR HARD COPY ALBUMS
GOOD QUALITY, THIS IS WHAT "GROUPS" OR SCENES USE TO RIP YOUR FAVORITE LEAKED ALBUMS...THISIS ALSO WHAT I USE
smile.gif

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
How To Rip Your Cds With >>EAC/LAME<< (A Simple Guide)

I'd like to start off saying that this really isn't a guide, but rather a guide to the guide the bestmp3guide as done by Chris Myden.

This is the temporary tutorial until I can get a full one written up soon.

Sorry for the ghetto arrows, but I'm no artist.

14bp5kz.jpg

The first thing you will need to do is go to:
Code:
Code:
www.bestmp3guide.com
A lot of people have been having trouble following the guide so I thought I'd give them a guide to follow along with the bestmp3guide.

So you can follow both of these guides together and refer back to both of them as you go along.

Download and install eac09b4.exe from:
Code:
Code:
www.bestmp3guide.com
other download links for EAC is here:

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28ZAU48Zhttp://rapidshare.com/files/173695202/eac09b4.exe
14bpb8o.jpg

Next, download the Nero Aspi Layer DLL from the bestmp3guide (winaspi32.dll) and put it in your Exact Audio Copy directory. (If using Windows XP you would save it to Start Menu/My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy)

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41CKQ24U
Alternative Links Here

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/173695410/wnaspi32.dllhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=KDNH6A9G
14bq4bm.jpg

14bqbky.jpg

Next, Open EAC, top left corner were it says Adapter ID make note of what the Adapter and ID Numbers of your drive are and download the profile that matches your drives Adapter and ID Numbers. (IE; Mp3byMyden [Adapter 1 ID
alien.gif
for Adapter 1 ID 0 Drive. Put that in C:/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy/Profiles. (If using Windows XP you would go to Start Menu/My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy/Profiles)

Open the MP3ByMyden zip and choose which config matches your drive and extract that one into your profiles directory.

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0AX2LXE0
14bqkq1.jpg

Next, download Lame.exe 3.90.3 and place it in C:/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy directory. (If using windows XP you would go to Start Menu/My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy)
LAME 3.90

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/200818956/lame.exe

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJUZGY70
LAME 3.97 (note if using lame 3.97 make sure to read the updates in this thread).

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/200741776/lame.exe

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57R3KZTV
14bqnue.jpg

Next, in the bottom left hand corner, theres a drop down box, click it and select the MP3BYMyden config. Close EAC and reopen it again.

Once EAC is open again press F9.

14bqrd4.jpg

Under the General Tab, uncheck Beep after extraction finished (it's the most annoying thing you'll ever hear if left on).

14brcwp.jpg

Next, under the filename tab, on the left hand side were it says Naming Scheme, erase that and copy and paste this in there. (If you have your own string that you use it's fine, use your own.)

Code:
Code:
%D - %C\%N - %A - %T
And on the right hand side were it says Various Artists naming scheme erase that and copy this:

Code:
Code:
%C\%N - %A - %T
14brfar.jpg

Next, under the Directories tab, check use this directory and select a place on your computer to save your rips, then Click OK.

14briid.jpg

Next Click F11.

Under the Offset tab there's an option to write something in the ID3 tags right now there is something written in there by default you can choose to leave it there, write a custom comment or erase it and leave it blank.

Click OK and that should be it, no need to touch your extrernal compression options ever that just make's things go wild.

Pop in a cd and click Alt + G to look up cd info in the freedb data base.

Select your tracks and hit the mp3 button on the left.

NOTE: A black box will pop up after each track is extracted, dont close it, as this is LAME encoding the .wav into an .mp3.

A couple of thing's, if your not using (Secure Mode) while using EAC its a waist of time as (Burst Mode) won't detect errors and you'll still get bad rip's if the cd is scratched.

It is NOT recommended to rip Burned CD-R's as your mp3's can only be as good as the source they're coming from.

So ripping that CD-R that you burned with 96 kbs files WON'T make it sound any better, just worse.

If any of the links go down, or if you have any trouble using EAC pm me and I'll help you. You can also PM n@tedogg, kirkangil, or Sty1istic to name a few worthy users.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
---> EAC/LAME Rules <--- UPDATED 9.17.06

EAC/LAME Rips
Section Rules/Guidelines
Please read this or you'll be lost in this section.

---> All rips must be done with EAC version Beta 4 in secure mode.

---> All rips must must be encoded with a stable version of LAME.
*You are presently recommended to use 3.90.3 with the --alt preset standard (switch), but you are pemitted to use the newly established standard of 3.97b3 with the -V2 --vbr-new %s %d (switch)

---> All rips must be tagged properly.

---> When posting a thread you must include your EAC log (Put It In Code Format) to show that there are no errors. Also, please post a tracklist and, if possible, a cover.

---> Please have your thread title formatted like, or similar to:

[Genre] Artist - Album Name - Year [Cover, Log, Tracklist]

---> Only original retail albums are to be ripped... This means absolutely NO burned CD rips.

---> Pease keep your non-upload replies to a minimum as to maintain the organized methods of this section. But don't hesitate to ask questions or reply if you must. Please give Props where Props is due!

---> If tracks don't rip correctly in EAC the rip is NOT to be posted (Don't Rip With another ripper and encode as it probably contains errors).

--->Non-retail mixtape rips do not belong in the eac/lame section. No bootleg quality!

---> If you have any problems, questions, and/or concerns you can PM danny, n@tedogg, or Sty1istic about them. We'll be able to answer anything you need.

Thanks,

-Itsbx JB Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!
3.97 Final Users. (Scene setting)

You must first change under compression options, LAME MP3 encoder, to USER DEFINED ENCODER.

Then you must change your command line to -V2 --vbr-new %s %d

The bitrate selection dosent matter, leave it at 128 or whatever.

MP3's will now properly go down to 32kbps if need be.

Without sacrificing noise shaping or mimimum bitrate enforcing.

Here is a fresh link for those who need the 3.97 Final .exe file

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/20595441/3.97_Final-Styles.zip
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Anyone pm me if you have a crazy iTunes library (orgnaized with album artwork) may have a proposition for you...

Back
Top Bottom