Original Nike Shox

Had the White/Red bb4 shox. Possibly my favorite basketball shoe after I broke them in.

i remember wanting every cw of the bb4s for my ballin shoes...had the blk/silv/lapiz and the wht/blk patent leathers....killed my feet for the first week and ahalf but then after your foot gets used to the shoe they are heaven....r4s came out around the same time maybe the same day or a week later...had thewhite/silvers and the blks...anyone remember the shox for walking? i think they were called the shox walx or something like that...had the first cw ofthat...nike was doing its thing back then with simple cw and innovative designs...now we are getting the opposite...ugly crazy cws with recycleddesigns...shame on you

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I have a pair of Shox BB IDed, they are ok. But i like the Shox Limitless the best and VC IVs is a close second.
i stayed for a game at school tonight, one of the players from the other team had on the Limitless'...i was type shocked

i remember going to jimmy jaz w/ my moms to copp the bb4s...i wore them things to the dirt
pimp.gif

Haha i remember the displays for the shox's that would go "Boing" for some reason i just never got into shox like that, they are definitely verycomfy shoes, but they always seemed very heavy to me.

the first shox were the Olympic BB4s and then came the Womens Shox 'Mique for Chamique Holdsclaw then the blk/silver/lapis BB4.

i think the blk/silv/lapis came before the olymics...at least to the public...i remember kicksology or shoetrends or some back in the day site had a wholefeature on them and it was posted on nt way back in the good days...

It seems like only yesterday that Nike introduced Shox. I remember all the excitement. I miss the green and blue Shox boxes.

my apologies for resurrecting this thread. my last r4s were worn to death about 2 years ago and i'm now looking a new pair to replace them. they're themost comfiest sneakers i've ever had and owned three colorways (white/silver, black/silver and blue/indigo). i've checked nike.com and found nothing.can someone tell me how many original colorways have been released to date? thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by MREVAN

If I'm not mistaken, the first GR shox were the black/silver/lapis BB4's in Fall 2000. The black/orange XT4's were supposed to come out about 2 weeks later (but got scrapped, something about the spring plate disconnecting) and white/silver/red R4's were supposed release 2 weeks after the XT4's, but got pushed up since the XT4's didn't come out.

With that said, I thought all 3 were released the same day the BB4's had a GR but only at select stores or Niketowns. That is how some people have XT4's, since they had a limited release before their GR got scrapped.

The only Shox I'm unsure of is the Olympic BB4's. I don't remember if they came out before the black/silver/lapis BB4's but I am certain that the black/silver/lapis BB4's were the first GR (while the XT4's and R4's had a limited release that same day). I think the blk/sil/lap came out first since the Syndey Olympics took place in Oct. but I'm not 100% sure.
Great post! I am almost certain the Olympic colorway came out (online) first.

Originally Posted by lionheart

my apologies for resurrecting this thread. my last r4s were worn to death about 2 years ago and i'm now looking a new pair to replace them. they're the most comfiest sneakers i've ever had and owned three colorways (white/silver, black/silver and blue/indigo). i've checked nike.com and found nothing. can someone tell me how many original colorways have been released to date? thanks a bunch!
ShoeTrends.com has White/black, Dark Obsidian, and Black/Red/White R4's. It is not a fake site. Sneakerhead.com also carries R4s too. Theycarry a White/silver colorway and a White/Black colorway. NikeID carried them, but just recently stopped producing them. They were wack prices though. $170 Ithink. However they still have the Shox NZ up for iD. I should probably buy a pair for casual wear, but I need to save up for my actual running shoes.

Shoetrends Price: $100
Sneakerhead Price: $125

If you're looking for a pair of the original white/silver/red r4, they were selling them at Footaction in the Northridge Fashion Center. I bought a pairfor $77 at the latest F&F. I've also seen white/black, black/red, and an olympic colorway here and there.

Back
Top Bottom