orlando 10s 12/8/2018

No matter if you think it was a bad decision, he still did things at that age that were truly amazing. That alone proves how great he was even when he was super old to compete at that level.

Still couldn’t make the Playoffs in a weak East and his last game was a blowout loss to the 76ers.

Yeah, I’d say it was a mistake lol

You’re right. It sounds like he shouldn’t have signed there as a FREE AGENT.
He was in the Wizards front office first. He had an under the table deal with Abe Pollin, the Wizards owner, and David Stern to assist him in owning a team, in return for coming back to play again. Pollin screwed him over at first, but Stern eventually came through with his ownership deal with the Bobcats.

A lot of things go on behind the scenes in the sports and entertainment industry that most people aren't aware of.

David Stern to assist him in owning a team, in return for coming back to play again.

Uhh source?

“‘I wasn't sure that it was a great idea,’ NBA Commissioner David Stern said of Jordan's second comeback. ‘There is no question that he's such a competitor that he would be a great NBA player. He just wouldn't be Michael. But he wanted to do it, so I supported him on it.’”

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/08/AR2009090803277_2.html?sid=ST2009091102409

Better that MJ came back and played on his own terms, still showcasing his greatness as a number one option, than to earn a few extra cheap rings by joining the Lakers. (That was actually a rumor/possibility that was discussed at the time, since Phil Jackson was coaching the Lakers.)

It is unfortunate that the Wizards did not make the playoffs in either of his years there. I believe they would have the first year if not for his knee injury. I also believe they would have had a better chance the second year if he had started every game. (MJ came off of the bench and played lower minutes for the first 15 games of the season.)

It was a bittersweet moment when he came back but hey he did what he was supposed to do. He helped ratings and made the league extra money so it wasn’t bad from a profit standpoint, but from a fan standpoint I can see how one could say otherwise. But Maaaan some of them boyz took it a little easy on Mike imo but everyone was happy to see him back.

Better that MJ came back and played on his own terms, still showcasing his greatness as a number one option, than to earn a few extra cheap rings by joining the Lakers. (That was actually a rumor/possibility that was discussed at the time, since Phil Jackson was coaching the Lakers.)

It is unfortunate that the Wizards did not make the playoffs in either of his years there. I believe they would have the first year if not for his knee injury. I also believe they would have had a better chance the second year if he had started every game. (MJ came off of the bench and played lower minutes for the first 15 games of the season.)

Adjusted for years in the league, the Wizards are arguably the historically worst NBA franchise of all time tbh. They have one title followed by a 40+ year drought if not even making the conference finals. Even worse, they are pretty much doomed for the next 5 years due to Wall’s contract and have maybe the historically worst GM in all of major pro sports, given his length of tenure (which in itself is a mystery of how he’s kept a job for well over a decade).

So, again, what was MJ thinking getting involved with such a cancer of a franchise haha

It was a bittersweet moment when he came back but hey he did what he was supposed to do. He helped ratings and made the league extra money so it wasn’t bad from a profit standpoint, but from a fan standpoint I can see how one could say otherwise. But Maaaan some of them boyz took it a little easy on Mike imo but everyone was happy to see him back.

Oh don’t get me wrong, MJ was solid for his age but the Wizards are/were an embarrassing franchise to play for. They were and are a Free Agent desert for this reason, even though they are obviously in a big market.

Adjusted for years in the league, the Wizards are arguably the historically worst NBA franchise of all time tbh. They have one title followed by a 40+ year drought if not even making the conference finals. Even worse, they are pretty much doomed for the next 5 years due to Wall’s contract and have maybe the historically worst GM in all of major pro sports, given his length of tenure (which in itself is a mystery of how he’s kept a job for well over a decade).

So, again, what was MJ thinking getting involved with such a cancer of a franchise haha

I think he felt invested since he was the President of Basketball Operations along with his small ownership stake. So, he knew the Wizards were bad... but he wanted to make it work out. I think, in his mind, he felt that playing would help jump-start the rebuilding process by lighting a competitive fire/teaching that competitive fire to the young players he had a hand in drafting (i.e. Kwame Brown).

Of course, that aspect certainly did not work out... but it wasn't because MJ was not still playing at a high level.

Should I cop for 30% off retail at footlocker now or do y’all think if I wait it out I’ll have a chance to get them cheaper?

Should I cop for 30% off retail at footlocker now or do y’all think if I wait it out I’ll have a chance to get them cheaper?

Depends on how much you want/like them. With 30% I think it’s great deal, and I’d purchase in a heartbeat. That’s just me though.

I'm waiting for them to drop lower than that cause I think they will. $100 ish is my price and my guess.

That's because none of them were complete players all around like a Jordan. They were just BIG. I think Shaq could've possibly been the greatest of all time but he was lazy. His work ethic was poor. That dude should've won like 10 rings.

I think Hakeem was up there and can't be overlooked.

Back
Top Bottom