Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Let me preface this by saying I am not American and I lost no family or loved ones in the terrible attacks on September 11th, 2001, so I have an obviously different view than others may.
However, it troubles me seeing how much joy and how much nationalism is shown over the death of one man. I understand he was the implicated leader of one of the largest terrorist cells in the world, and most likely the mastermind behind many atrocious attacks on innocent people. 

Breaking into chants of, "USA, USA!" over the death of a man, as evil as he may have been, is simply wrong to me. If you needed to see this man expire to gain closure, so be it. Who am I to judge or dictate how a person deals with the passing of friends and family, or grief in general. But this nationalistic fervor is almost appalling to me. 

You're not American, that sums it up.

The man was a leader of a movement that killed 3,000 innoncent Americans in one morning. He then evaded capture, launched other attacks and boasted about his acts and his commitment to carrying out similar attacks.

You can say it's appauling all you want but as Americans this is closure to many. Our nation was attacked, we felt threatened, scared and uncertain of what would happen next. If given the ability to carry out a much large attack, they would have. That's why people are happy is dead, he got what he deserved.

Let me preface this by saying I am not American and I lost no family or loved ones in the terrible attacks on September 11th, 2001, so I have an obviously different view than others may.
However, it troubles me seeing how much joy and how much nationalism is shown over the death of one man. I understand he was the implicated leader of one of the largest terrorist cells in the world, and most likely the mastermind behind many atrocious attacks on innocent people. 

Breaking into chants of, "USA, USA!" over the death of a man, as evil as he may have been, is simply wrong to me. If you needed to see this man expire to gain closure, so be it. Who am I to judge or dictate how a person deals with the passing of friends and family, or grief in general. But this nationalistic fervor is almost appalling to me. 

You're not American, that sums it up.

The man was a leader of a movement that killed 3,000 innoncent Americans in one morning. He then evaded capture, launched other attacks and boasted about his acts and his commitment to carrying out similar attacks.

You can say it's appauling all you want but as Americans this is closure to many. Our nation was attacked, we felt threatened, scared and uncertain of what would happen next. If given the ability to carry out a much large attack, they would have. That's why people are happy is dead, he got what he deserved.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Like a trial would have accomplished anything. You think a guy who hates America is just going to spill his guts on the entire 9/11 operation cause he is on trial? No. A trial would be a huge waste of money. U.S. would have to spend a ton alone just on protecting the guy. Justice was served with a bullet to the dome. 
There are still conspiracy theories out there about 9/11 and even the involvement of Bin Laden and if he is even behind it. There are just so many questions surrounding it all. If they can waste trillions on unjustified wars to sent troops to their death beds on wars based on lies, I am sure this trial could have been done.

Khaled Sheikh Mohammed was put on trial and he also operated and was the supposed mastermind of 9/11. The 9/11 Commision report even claims he is "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks". So why have the strategy of taking in Khaled alive and putting him on trial but not Bin Laden?  

Like a trial would have accomplished anything. You think a guy who hates America is just going to spill his guts on the entire 9/11 operation cause he is on trial? No. A trial would be a huge waste of money. U.S. would have to spend a ton alone just on protecting the guy. Justice was served with a bullet to the dome. 
There are still conspiracy theories out there about 9/11 and even the involvement of Bin Laden and if he is even behind it. There are just so many questions surrounding it all. If they can waste trillions on unjustified wars to sent troops to their death beds on wars based on lies, I am sure this trial could have been done.

Khaled Sheikh Mohammed was put on trial and he also operated and was the supposed mastermind of 9/11. The 9/11 Commision report even claims he is "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks". So why have the strategy of taking in Khaled alive and putting him on trial but not Bin Laden?  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Huh?  This is OUR country...thousands of people died on OUR soil in a terrorist attack....we have EVERY right to rejoice.  Think about how your freedoms in this country have been compromised due to the events of 9/11.  How much more of a pain in the !@$ is it to travel now?  How are gas prices...the job market...etc etc....if you live in the US you have been effected by this in one way or another. 
Again, be proud of the USA, yes. Riot in the streets like idiots because you think Osama was responsible for the bolded, no.

Huh?  This is OUR country...thousands of people died on OUR soil in a terrorist attack....we have EVERY right to rejoice.  Think about how your freedoms in this country have been compromised due to the events of 9/11.  How much more of a pain in the !@$ is it to travel now?  How are gas prices...the job market...etc etc....if you live in the US you have been effected by this in one way or another. 
Again, be proud of the USA, yes. Riot in the streets like idiots because you think Osama was responsible for the bolded, no.

I'm not upset about his death but I wouldn't say that I'm happy. And celebrating ANYONES death seems repulsive.

As Americans, we unite in the name of more death. Whether it's the death of thousands of our own people or whether it's the death of an evil man that was behind the whole tragedy along with countless other men that we have yet to even know the names of. I think we should be spending this time making sure our troops are okay and safe because retaliation is coming. Uniting in the name of more death will only bring more hate.

I'm not upset about his death but I wouldn't say that I'm happy. And celebrating ANYONES death seems repulsive.

As Americans, we unite in the name of more death. Whether it's the death of thousands of our own people or whether it's the death of an evil man that was behind the whole tragedy along with countless other men that we have yet to even know the names of. I think we should be spending this time making sure our troops are okay and safe because retaliation is coming. Uniting in the name of more death will only bring more hate.

42biF.png

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

This. 
Our domestic problems are mostly the result of our voted "leadership". Look no further than Wall Street and the White House for the culprits that are responsible for our economy. bin Laden dying isn't going to fix that.

In case you didn't know, the affects of 9/11 had a direct correlation with travel, gas prices, and the economy as a whole.....if you live in the US and say that you weren't impacted in some capacity by what happened on 9/11, you're not telling the truth. 

*and in NO WAY am I implying that Bin Laden's death will turn things around....because it won't.  All I'm saying (what was in my original response) is this country DRASTICALLY changed after 9/11. 

This. 
Our domestic problems are mostly the result of our voted "leadership". Look no further than Wall Street and the White House for the culprits that are responsible for our economy. bin Laden dying isn't going to fix that.

In case you didn't know, the affects of 9/11 had a direct correlation with travel, gas prices, and the economy as a whole.....if you live in the US and say that you weren't impacted in some capacity by what happened on 9/11, you're not telling the truth. 

*and in NO WAY am I implying that Bin Laden's death will turn things around....because it won't.  All I'm saying (what was in my original response) is this country DRASTICALLY changed after 9/11. 

STOP POSTING THAT PICTURE. It's Ps. Faking the funk.

The Governmant has not released any photos, nor has any military officials yet. 

You're absolutely right, you're not American so you cannot relate.

I'm not one who celebrated or even considering doing so.  It doesn't necessarily provide closure but, to some extent, a feeling of justice being served for a man who orchestrated/financed the killing of thousands of Americans in one of the worst days in American history, something that to this day affects our lives.  While there are always some people that will react irrationally, you have to understand a certain feeling of relief that this man who had been chased for nearly 10 years finally faced his day of reckoning.

No offense, I'm not one of these nationalistic, beat my chest screaming USA and waving the flag types, if anything I'm more of an apologist and liberal, but while you have a voice and can speak/type what you want, I don't think you have much say in how people who you can't truly relate to act over something like this.  That's just MY opinion.

It might not be the best analogy but think about a family who loses a loved one to murder and the relief which is often is expressed in joy or tears when the killer is caught.  It doesn't bring their loved one back or make anything right, it doesn't end the injustice but it is just a small way to find relief in tragedy.

You're absolutely right, you're not American so you cannot relate.

I'm not one who celebrated or even considering doing so.  It doesn't necessarily provide closure but, to some extent, a feeling of justice being served for a man who orchestrated/financed the killing of thousands of Americans in one of the worst days in American history, something that to this day affects our lives.  While there are always some people that will react irrationally, you have to understand a certain feeling of relief that this man who had been chased for nearly 10 years finally faced his day of reckoning.

No offense, I'm not one of these nationalistic, beat my chest screaming USA and waving the flag types, if anything I'm more of an apologist and liberal, but while you have a voice and can speak/type what you want, I don't think you have much say in how people who you can't truly relate to act over something like this.  That's just MY opinion.

It might not be the best analogy but think about a family who loses a loved one to murder and the relief which is often is expressed in joy or tears when the killer is caught.  It doesn't bring their loved one back or make anything right, it doesn't end the injustice but it is just a small way to find relief in tragedy.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

<b>Khaled Sheikh Mohammed was put on trial and he also operated and was the supposed mastermind of 9/11. The 9/11 Commision report even claims he is "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks". So why have the strategy of taking in Khaled alive and putting him on trial but not Bin Laden?</b> 
this right here...

i know alot of you guys have alot of hatred towards bin laden, and i like to say it is with good caused..

i just think we should have captured him and displayed him to the public and put him on trial..

when someone commits a murder, we put them on trial.  we dont just take vengeance in our own hands and go killing every person that commits murder. 

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

<b>Khaled Sheikh Mohammed was put on trial and he also operated and was the supposed mastermind of 9/11. The 9/11 Commision report even claims he is "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks". So why have the strategy of taking in Khaled alive and putting him on trial but not Bin Laden?</b> 
this right here...

i know alot of you guys have alot of hatred towards bin laden, and i like to say it is with good caused..

i just think we should have captured him and displayed him to the public and put him on trial..

when someone commits a murder, we put them on trial.  we dont just take vengeance in our own hands and go killing every person that commits murder. 

Ok maybe now the US can get back on track! We spent trillions to kill 2 people basically.. Hopefully gas prices go down now
glasses.gif

Ok maybe now the US can get back on track! We spent trillions to kill 2 people basically.. Hopefully gas prices go down now
glasses.gif

Even if Osama had some info on what really happened on 9/11 like some people like to believe why would the U.S want that kind of info to get out.

I don't think the U.S had anything to do with the deaths that day and even if they did they wouldn't want that kind of information reaching anyone.

Once the pictures or even video release I know there will be people who will still say that wasn't him, whether it be for lolz or thats the way they feel, I ask what kind of proof would be sufficient for them to prove it was really him we killed last night?
Edit: Obama is about to give a press conference and give more info, maybe he will say whether they release the pictures.

Even if Osama had some info on what really happened on 9/11 like some people like to believe why would the U.S want that kind of info to get out.

I don't think the U.S had anything to do with the deaths that day and even if they did they wouldn't want that kind of information reaching anyone.

Once the pictures or even video release I know there will be people who will still say that wasn't him, whether it be for lolz or thats the way they feel, I ask what kind of proof would be sufficient for them to prove it was really him we killed last night?
Edit: Obama is about to give a press conference and give more info, maybe he will say whether they release the pictures.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

roll.gif
Word, plus he's in the ocean. they will probly say in respect to him they didn't take pics of him dead.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom