"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Glad you started this forum, I have the skechers gorun ride 8 - quite firm and cushioned, new balance propels - soft easy runs and I love the Asics Novablast all kind of runs especially if you love a cushioned responsive and soft ride - not the most stable . There is a new shoe getting good reviews the New balance fuelcell prism. Also I want to check out the Reebok Floatride Energy Symmetros. Has anyone tried these two.
Cheers
Steve

Did the last 3 months in the ASICS Gel Nimbus 22 (~300 miles) and they held up surprisingly well. It was my first experience in ASICS and now that they’re doing 60% off for military I got a pair of Novablasts and WOW those are a joy to run in. The FF Blast compound is really comfortable and a totally different experience than what I’ve been used to in the past.

Been wanting to get back into running and get new shoes. I underpronate so I need a cushioned running shoe. I actually used to run in air max 95s and it was great for me because it provided cushioning for the lateral parts of my forefoot. I was able to run without any pain in my feet. Will try to find some cushioned shoes on sale.

Speeds just shipped. Should be here the 17th. Can't wait to compare them to the next%.

Where did you get the Speed from? Went on Eastbay and it kept glitching on the men pair. Trying to see if I can get them with a discount.

AC567369-054E-42BD-A4BE-00E4B8784DA8.jpeg

17BF9371-67FD-4DC3-BEB1-24EB3952BD2E.jpeg

09ADE8BC-B05D-4A66-8DC0-1B7691E10481.jpeg

4BB93E3F-A724-4ACE-9D60-4B15F490A973.jpeg

26EA8E71-3E56-4D4F-A95D-424AE23133C8.jpeg

the endorphin pro vs. vaporfly 4% flyknit for anyone interested

Got some Speeds and Shifts for the wife; she loves the Speeds and sent back the Shifts... so then I hijacked the return and had Holabird change it to an exchange for Shifts for me. haha.

Oh, also, I have some Atreyus showing up on Monday. I'm not sure they're going to work for me, but I like the company's vibe and they were cheap to preorder ($74 shipped).

Last edited:
Got some Speeds and Shifts for the wife; she loves the Speeds and sent back the Shifts... so then I hijacked the return and had Holabird change it to an exchange for Shifts for me. haha.

Oh, also, I have some Atreyus showing up on Monday. I'm not sure they're going to work for me, but I like the company's vibe and they were cheap to preorder ($74 shipped).

i thought about doing the preorder for the atreyus but already have the kinvara 11s and they seem to be pretty similar so decided to pass. price point and reviews do seem good so may pick up those atreyus down the road

Should Jordan Running content be posted here or the Peg thread?

honestly feel like any kind of running related content can be posted here even if it pertains to nike/jb
probably just more specific stuff can be posted on their respective nike thread and here is just a place we can post about all the other stuff that doesn't necessarily need their own thread to be made. we're all bound to make comparisons to nike stuff anyways haha

Glad you started this forum, I have the skechers gorun ride 8 - quite firm and cushioned, new balance propels - soft easy runs and I love the Asics Novablast all kind of runs especially if you love a cushioned responsive and soft ride - not the most stable . There is a new shoe getting good reviews the New balance fuelcell prism. Also I want to check out the Reebok Floatride Energy Symmetros. Has anyone tried these two.
Cheers
Steve
I have done about 45 miles in the prism and they’re awesome! Reminds me of a peg turbo with a bit more firmness and pop at faster paces!

I ordered the Jordan Trunners which arrived today and first impression is they're definitely not a 'real' running shoe... heavy and tippy, I don't think I'll even try them out to be honest - shame as they look amazing!

I have done about 45 miles in the prism and they’re awesome! Reminds me of a peg turbo with a bit more firmness and pop at faster paces!
Nice - I'm tempted to get these when they finally drop in the US. Which reminds me--why are certain NB and Saucony models released in the UK well before the US?

I ordered the Jordan Trunners which arrived today and first impression is they're definitely not a 'real' running shoe... heavy and tippy, I don't think I'll even try them out to be honest - shame as they look amazing!

I did the same thing LOL. Probably had them on my feet for no more than 5 minutes. While the zoom cushioning is really nice, they are really high off the ground, extremely heavy, and extremely unstable.

Shoes.jpg

These are all 9.5. The widths of the shoes are a little distorted on the ends (the Speeds and VFN look wider than they are), but the Sauconys do have wider and more accommodating uppers than the Nikes.

Saucony Truimph 17 are my Favorite shoes to run in at the moment. The Novablast are my second up. Looking for a 3rd shoe to add into the rotation

I enjoy the Triumphs, but the upper runs hot so I haven't been wearing them for the last month or so. I probably sound like a broken record, but take a look at the Endorphin Speed to add to your rotation. It will easily handle your faster runs and protect your legs like a vaporfly, but without breaking the bank.

Saucony Truimph 17 are my Favorite shoes to run in at the moment. The Novablast are my second up. Looking for a 3rd shoe to add into the rotation
I know this is the 'other brand' running shoe thread but I like my Infinity Reacts. They're not remarkable, which is exactly why I like them. They are heavy but super stable and nicely cushioned. Easily laced, no constantly adjustments or fussing with them. I'm stuck on the treadmill for the next several weeks while my wife recovers from childbirth and I'm using only Triumph 17 and IRs right now.

I know this is the 'other brand' running shoe thread but I like my Infinity Reacts. They're not remarkable, which is exactly why I like them. They are heavy but super stable and nicely cushioned. Easily laced, no constantly adjustments or fussing with them. I'm stuck on the treadmill for the next several weeks while my wife recovers from childbirth and I'm using only Triumph 17 and IRs right now.
Congrats!

how are y’all sizing the saucony triumph compared to nike?

Last edited:
I wear the same size in the Triumph as I do the Infinity, Peg 37, VFN, AF, Turbo 2, etc.

Back
Top Bottom