"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

What Hokas do everyone like?

I’m extremely flat footed. So I was thinking about going to and running store and trying some on and seeing what I should look for in shoes for flat footed folk,
Any flat footed runners in here?

I have very flat feet too. I have 3 pairs of Hoka in my rotation. 2 for outdoors. My indoor treadmill pair is the Gaviota 3. Hasn’t gotten much use, as I’ve been outside much more. I did run in them a few days ago when it was crappy out. They are supportive, but are heavy. (11.3oz) Definitely noticeable compared to my Saucony E-speed 1(7.:nerd:z)

Different running style/situation as my other two outside shoes. Hoka-Speedgoat 2 mid Goretex(13.2oz) & Speedgoat 4(10.:nerd:z) Those are for running around the yard with my dog a lot. Those don’t feel as heavy footed, which may or may not be strange, as different running mechanics.

With all of that said, I thoroughly enjoy all with exception to the Gaviotas. I suppose it depends on your body size/type, running style. I’m not expert by any means. I would say your best bet is to try a few top in the stability category, and try something moderate, see which feels better. Most brands let you try ‘em for a few weeks and return if you don’t like.

1C04DCCE-C9B0-40D2-95F9-12BE0B0033A5.jpeg

These are the first pair of Asics I've bought I honestly think ever... Last pair I had my pops bought me when I was probably 8 or 9. Incredibly comfortable shoe right here regardless whether you like the brain dead design or not.

20211114_081449.jpg

I have very flat feet too. I have 3 pairs of Hoka in my rotation. 2 for outdoors. My indoor treadmill pair is the Gaviota 3. Hasn’t gotten much use, as I’ve been outside much more. I did run in them a few days ago when it was crappy out. They are supportive, but are heavy. (11.3oz) Definitely noticeable compared to my Saucony E-speed 1(7.:nerd:z)

Different running style/situation as my other two outside shoes. Hoka-Speedgoat 2 mid Goretex(13.2oz) & Speedgoat 4(10.:nerd:z) Those are for running around the yard with my dog a lot. Those don’t feel as heavy footed, which may or may not be strange, as different running mechanics.

With all of that said, I thoroughly enjoy all with exception to the Gaviotas. I suppose it depends on your body size/type, running style. I’m not expert by any means. I would say your best bet is to try a few top in the stability category, and try something moderate, see which feels better. Most brands let you try ‘em for a few weeks and return if you don’t like.

1C04DCCE-C9B0-40D2-95F9-12BE0B0033A5.jpeg
Thanks! Got the Arahi 5. Can’t wait to get them in. Also the Saucony guide 14 seemed to have great reviews so trying them out.

Picked up the Adidas Glide 4 ST. We give them a go in a day or two. Recovering from the 10mi I did yesterday.

NEX vs. NEX Pro

441FBDF5-35FE-41AE-A084-F5F01C5EECE0.jpeg

1B6B2B59-E701-4B42-936B-E086E1286D36.jpeg

It’s currently on Amazon for ~$98 shipped (with CA taxes). On Amazon, the Pro is actually only about $9 more expensive!

PROs:
- More grippier in hand
- Deliver 60# of force (base is 40#) at the same max PPM as the base NEX (3500)
- More attachments (I like this flat one that you can see that I have one both) that are interchangeable with the OG
- Utilizes a colored pressure gauge to displays how deep the percussions are going
- Five Speed settings; 1-4 slow to fastest, and the fifth takes you through all of them like a loop. The OG has four.

CONS:
- Slightly larger than the base model
- Different Charge port stand
- Heavier by about 10 grams (same styles attachment)

With only a $9 price difference between the two, I’d definitely opt for the Pro! It’s just as compact but more powerful. You can make it your travel massage gun or even primary!

NEX vs. NEX Pro

It’s currently on Amazon for ~$98 shipped (with CA taxes). On Amazon, the Pro is actually only about $9 more expensive!

PROs:
- More grippier in hand
- More attachments (I like this flat one that you can see that I have one both) that are interchangeable with the OG
- Utilizes a colored pressure gauge to displays how deep the percussions are going
- Five Speed settings; 1-4 slow to fastest, and the fifth takes you through all of them like a loop. The OG has four.

CONS:

With only a $9 price difference between the two, I’d definitely opt for the Pro! It’s just as compact but more powerful. You can make it your travel massage gun or even primary!
Is the Plug/charge port proprietary?

It doesn't look like it. It looks like these

Amazon product ASIN B07HQ91HHV

The port is just an extension if you want to charge it while it's standing.

-edit-
Just checked the charge cords (no port/station), and they're interchangeable.
Can you repost the link? Seems like it didn’t post correctly.
Also thanks! I think I’ll order it as a travel one. I have one I got from Costco but a travel one would be great.

NEX vs. NEX Pro

PROs:
- More grippier in hand

CONS:

I hate the stands. They suck! Really wish they did a better job on them. But with the flat bottom of the pro does it stay in and charging better??

Pretty hyped for the Takumi Sen 8. A lighter, lower stacked Adios Pro? Yes please. I don't buy that it's only a 10k shoe either, with 33mm in the heel and 27 forefoot, it seems it could easily be a half or even a full marathon shoe with the Adios Pro serving as a more protective option.

Pretty hyped for the Takumi Sen 8. A lighter, lower stacked Adios Pro? Yes please. I don't buy that it's only a 10k shoe either, with 33mm in the heel and 27 forefoot, it seems it could easily be a half or even a full marathon shoe with the Adios Pro serving as a more protective option.
Agree. I think it will also be a fun non-race shoe in the same vein as the NB Rebel V2 (which is 30/24), but a little firmer (and pricier; $180 v. $130).

Hey Team,

So Any recommendations out there for a daily trainer? After the Season (Ran Berlin and NYC on Espeed1's) figure i get something on sale (invincibles, Hokas or triumphs, etc) for the winter outdoor/ tmill zwift season.

My rotation consists of AF, Espeeds, peg38 and sorely miss my peg turbos. Thought about getting some on GOAT.

Ill take any thoughts/ Suggestions to try. Willing to try other brands.

Hey Team,

So Any recommendations out there for a daily trainer? After the Season (Ran Berlin and NYC on Espeed1's) figure i get something on sale (invincibles, Hokas or triumphs, etc) for the winter outdoor/ tmill zwift season.

My rotation consists of AF, Espeeds, peg38 and sorely miss my peg turbos. Thought about getting some on GOAT.

Ill take any thoughts/ Suggestions to try. Willing to try other brands.
I bought the Puma Liberate Nitro, I forget who in the thread recommended it but they compared it to the Pegasus Turbo. I love the shoe, use it on the treadmill at work when I run on breaks and for other workouts. Can't say enough good things between the cushion, fit and, grip.

I bought the Puma Liberate Nitro, I forget who in the thread recommended it but they compared it to the Pegasus Turbo. I love the shoe, use it on the treadmill at work when I run on breaks and for other workouts. Can't say enough good things between the cushion, fit and, grip.

That was me :smile: Cannot recommend the Liberate enough as well, you might see them for around 50-60 bucks on sale which is a total steal. Would also recommend the Velocity Nitro as more of a "traditional" daily trainer that's a bit more built up and stable. Outside of the Puma line, I've had good experiences with the Saucony Triumph 19 and Asics Novablast 2, those both of those are a bit heavier and more towards the max cushion side of things.

That was me :smile: Cannot recommend the Liberate enough as well, you might see them for around 50-60 bucks on sale which is a total steal. Would also recommend the Velocity Nitro as more of a "traditional" daily trainer that's a bit more built up and stable. Outside of the Puma line, I've had good experiences with the Saucony Triumph 19 and Asics Novablast 2, those both of those are a bit heavier and more towards the max cushion side of things.

Im looking at my Peg Turbo 2 crimson and the Deviate it Looks almost exactly the same besides the flare - Did Puma buy the tech from Nike?

Puma.jpg
PegT2.jpg

Im looking at my Peg Turbo 2 crimson and the Deviate it Looks almost exactly the same besides the flare - Did Puma buy the tech from Nike?

Puma.jpg
PegT2.jpg
looks aside, midsole tech are completely different lol

enjoyed the turbos and miss them but always felt it was lacking some cushioning in the forefoot. the pumas def feel more cushioned and much better for me in terms of energy return

Reactions: Ish

Puma.jpg
PegT2.jpg

The uppers on the Turbo 2 and Deviate are almost identical, but they definitely run different. Deviate much stiffer from the carbon plate, the nitro foam is softer than what Nike put on the Turbos, and there is a bit more cushion on the Puma underfoot. I’d say the Puma is a bit faster shoe too having run in them both, both excellent though

• Fire
Reactions: Ish
Thanks for the PUMA push - Have anyone tried the Magnify Nitro? I guess that's the Max cush/ Vomero/ Hoka kind of shoe?

Still wondering how that would do on the T-Mill? Maybe too much cush on the treadmill is a no-no? Ive been using Peg 34's on the Mill for years.

Thanks for the PUMA push - Have anyone tried the Magnify Nitro? I guess that's the Max cush/ Vomero/ Hoka kind of shoe?

Still wondering how that would do on the T-Mill? Maybe too much cush on the treadmill is a no-no? Ive been using Peg 34's on the Mill for years.

I haven't, but yeah, it's the max cushion shoe. Eddbud reviewed it and liked it.

pulled my calf playing basketball….. has any runners on here dealt with calf injures?

Any tips on recovery? I am thinking if I get a max cushion running shoe it might ease the recovery

Back
Top Bottom