"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

TakumiSen8.jpg

These just got delivered. Fit reminds me a lot of the Boston 9; a little more snug/narrow at midfoot than the Adios Pro 2, with a wide-ish toebox. Should be a fun shoe!

midfoot than the Adios Pro 2, with a wide-ish toebox. Should be a fun shoe!

Got my pair too! They look/feel great, I'm nursing a bit of a hamstring/adductor injury so I haven't taken them out just yet-I know they'll make we want to run too fast for the way my legs feel right now!:lol: Eagerly awaiting healing up.

Got my pair too! They look/feel great, I'm nursing a bit of a hamstring/adductor injury so I haven't taken them out just yet-I know they'll make we want to run too fast for the way my legs feel right now!:lol: Eagerly awaiting healing up.
I'm kinda in the same boat. Have a lingering issue with my left knee. But I couldn't resist trying them on and running a little bit inside my building's parking garage. Feels like it is going to be a great shoe!

I'm kinda in the same boat. Have a lingering issue with my left knee. But I couldn't resist trying them on and running a little bit inside my building's parking garage. Feels like it is going to be a great shoe!

I've got a half marathon and a 10 miler in the Spring and pretty much already determined that I'll be using it for at least one, if not both of those races just based on how it feels walking around! The Adios Pro 2 works so well with me and this slightly pared down version with less weight should really be a ripper for shorter distances.

Hi guys. I plan on doing some long distance runs like every month or two. I’ve recently ran 10 miles in some free trainers and was sore for days in my Achilles and Knees. Anyone have recommendations on what shoes to wear?

I’m super supinated on my stance, and naturally jab with the lateral side of ball of my feet.

I run at about an 8-9 min mile pace, sometimes 7 if I’m feeling explosive. But most of the time I’m jogging and not necessarily dashing.

any recommendations would be super appreciated thanks!

Decided to give these another shot and I’m liking them much more this go around! Helps that the colorway is 🔥. I still think they’re not quite as explosive as the Nike or Adidas super shoes but it’s really close, and they’re much more comfortable.
F83E1421-7D0A-464A-92A4-219F593BC225.jpeg
Completely agree about the comparison to Nike and Adidas. It's not the absolute best in any particular category (fit, comfort, cushion, performance, etc.) but it rates highly enough in every category that overall it's my favorite super shoe so far.

Completely agree about the comparison to Nike and Adidas. It's not the absolute best in any particular category (fit, comfort, cushion, performance, etc.) but it rates highly enough in every category that overall it's my favorite super shoe so far.

Absolutely. I don't think I'd use them over the VF or Adios Pro for a half marathon or less, but they'd be a strong contender for the full distance where the additional comfort and stability would come in handy on the back half of that course. They're definitely faster and poppier than the RC Elite v2 as well, which just kinda feels like a marshmallow without enough spring back to me.

via reddit
A27C38E2-081E-4437-BDA0-62C30B5B0252.jpeg

78A81257-69A2-427F-9163-7E4DD27AA13D.jpeg

It looks like ASICS’ new color is Volt!

I wonder how the Magic Speed 2 and MetaSpeed Sky 2 compare. Just by glancing at these catalog images, the Sky 2 looks to have a higher stack.

Interesting that the Magic Speed 2 gets a full CF plate. The 1 only had a plate from the midfoot forward, still pretty explosive on toe off though. FF Turbo in the Sky is quite a bit bouncier than the FF Blast in the Magic Speed, but it’s still quite a bouncy and fun material that gives the Novablast a fun ride too

I like the sillhouet of Asics Metaspeed. It's like telling me I am a super shoe but without telling me I am a super shoe, if that makes sense? lol

First impression: These are pretty fantastic. Like someone took a shrink ray to the Adios Pro 2! They’re so light and aggressive, yet still highly cushioned and a touch more stable with the lower stack. I do prefer the more aggressive rods in the forefoot of the Adios Pro 2, but for anything else, especially shorter stuff these absolutely rip. I do think people could easily take these the full marathon distance as well, the Adios might save your legs a bit more but the lightness of these would come in handy too.

AB5318F8-D7D0-4047-BFE6-3C8B86F46886.jpeg

Gotta say their last 2 videos where they shot in the alley were pretty dope. Kinda fresh idea how shoes are being reviewed. However, it starts giving me motion sickness since the camera moves a lot lol.

Regarding Takumi Sen, there are many positive review about it. I think Adidas is stepping their game up which is good, but bad for my wallet lol.

Back
Top Bottom