"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

After a hold up at the border, finally got these through today. First impressions, upper has more of a racing shoe kind of feel, laces too long, more of a prominent rocker feel than the Speed 2, less cushy feel on foot, more stable, nice lightweight feel. Can’t wait to take them out for a blast in a day or two.

2AB298BA-84D6-4B1F-BFC9-998BCE79B00A.jpeg

Also bought the Pegasus Trail 3 in black/khaki. Love the look of shoe, nice and comfy but upper runs a bit warm, might put these away for Autumn/Winter.
8CC2A2D1-55CC-43CA-ABCC-9EC604199FC8.jpeg

If you're referring to the "WIDE" button, it's been like that since they post the product for the regular width. I've seen someone at UK posted their pickup on the wide version.
Yeah. But with an actual pickup of a physical version hopefully it hits the US soon

Going to add the Triumph 19s in with the Clifton 8's for easy days in my rotation. I really liked the Reverie colorway on it, and the thought of it losing an ounce and a half and making the upper more breathable solves most of my complaints with the 17s/18s.

They’re great! I’ve run in them again this week and I think my initial conclusion still stands that they’re not the fastest super shoe, but definitely the most protective and friendly at almost any pace
I love the stability and how good my legs feel after running in some carbon plated shoes, but some super shoes like the vaporfly are just way too aggressive to train in. However I could see myself training in the new balance.

I love the stability and how good my legs feel after running in some carbon plated shoes, but some super shoes like the vaporfly are just way too aggressive to train in. However I could see myself training in the new balance.

I’m right there with you. I save my Vaporfly’s for key workouts and maybe a long run or two during a training cycle. The RC2’s are almost more of a training tool for me and feel like they can do almost any workout besides a recovery easy day. I’ve felt that way about the Hoka plated shoes too, both Carbon X2 and Rocket X are insanely versatile. I think the Endorphin Speeds, though a nylon plate also blur the line between trainer and racer pretty well

I’m right there with you. I save my Vaporfly’s for key workouts and maybe a long run or two during a training cycle. The RC2’s are almost more of a training tool for me and feel like they can do almost any workout besides a recovery easy day. I’ve felt that way about the Hoka plated shoes too, both Carbon X2 and Rocket X are insanely versatile. I think the Endorphin Speeds, though a nylon plate also blur the line between trainer and racer pretty well
Endorphin speeds the best do everything shoe.

I like the Speeds a lot, but right now the shoe that works best for me overall is the Brooks Hyperion Elite 2...which came as a complete surprise.
I gotta try them on. Never been much of a brooks fan cause of fit.

I like the Speeds a lot, but right now the shoe that works best for me overall is the Brooks Hyperion Elite 2...which came as a complete surprise.

I like the RC Elite 2 but the Rocket X is my go-to jack of all trades and always leaves my legs feeling pretty good after almost any type of run. I think it's the more stable base and predictable foam. I cannot run easy in the Speeds, it's marathon pace or faster.

I like the RC Elite 2 but the Rocket X is my go-to jack of all trades and always leaves my legs feeling pretty good after almost any type of run. I think it's the more stable base and predictable foam. I cannot run easy in the Speeds, it's marathon pace or faster.
You’d think it’d be the opposite with a nylon plate.

You’d think it’d be the opposite with a nylon plate.

Oh yeah. I thought the same too but the aggressive rocker with that bouncy pebax foam just makes it impossible not to speed up, haha. For what it's worth I can't run slow in Tempo Next either with its nylon plate. ZoomX plus the air pods just makes it a pretty ludicrous feeling shoe.

I like the Rocket X, but compared to all the other supershoes out there, it feels kinda ordinary, but makes a great lightweight daily trainer. Definitely more stable feeling than the RC Elite 2.

I like the Rocket X, but compared to all the other supershoes out there, it feels kinda ordinary, but makes a great lightweight daily trainer. Definitely more stable feeling than the RC Elite 2.

For all the faults of Hoka still using EVA, it certainly can be more stable feeling than some higher energy return midsoles. I do think the Rocket X feels perfectly fast, but more of an ordinary fast than any of the other super shoes

All the talk about the Speeds last night made me want to unbox and take out my pair of Speed 2’s for today’s tempo session. Happy to report Saucony didn’t screw it up. Slight improvements to the heel cup, midfoot and tongue improve the lockdown and the shoe might be a touch more stable as a result.
EF8FCCC2-9671-4790-B442-E42B86BE3F35.jpeg

That scanning to fit each foot individually is awesome. I wish I could do that in a store. My right foot is 1/2 size larger than my left and is also a size that doesn't exist (13.5) so I end up sizing up to a 14 in some brands. So I end up with a right shoe that usually feels a little wide and a left that is wider and longer than needed.

Took the Asics Magic Speed out for it's maiden voyage today. The fit and grip on these things is fantastic I have to say, I really dig the look/shape/fit of these things on foot. Took them out for 6x200m sprints and they did not disappoint, they run significantly faster than the speeds I have, definitely felt faster too, to the point I couldn't stop lol.. just kept on going past my stop point forest Gump style.

The rocker is quite significant compared to the speed and speed 2 I have, kind of like the super shoes in that you just can't stand still in them, you find yourself leaning forward ready to go. Less Cush than endorphin speed (but might soften up after break in I read) but quicker roll through and pop.

Overall, digging them but feel like they are less versatile than the Saucony but will definitely keep alongside.

All the talk about the Speeds last night made me want to unbox and take out my pair of Speed 2’s for today’s tempo session. Happy to report Saucony didn’t screw it up. Slight improvements to the heel cup, midfoot and tongue improve the lockdown and the shoe might be a touch more stable as a result.
EF8FCCC2-9671-4790-B442-E42B86BE3F35.jpeg

Always a joy to put those on, and also a joy to smell that weird but intoxicating factory odour they give off when opening the box lol

Back
Top Bottom