"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

rocthemikee rocthemikee Where did you get the Bondi L from, if you don't mind me asking? I've been wanting to get a Bondi for casual walking. My aging feet doesn't cut out anymore with anything flat or thin midsole.

rocthemikee rocthemikee Where did you get the Bondi L from, if you don't mind me asking? I've been wanting to get a Bondi for casual walking. My aging feet doesn't cut out anymore with anything flat or thin midsole.

there's a seller on grailed who constantly sells HOKAS...i wasn't even looking there specifically, but chatted him up...i can DM you the user's name if you want...

Eastbay has select sizes of the Endorphin Pro on steep discount. I grabbed a pair of the Future Black cw for $101 a few days ago, and now they have size 10-14 down to $85 in that cw. A few other colors left too from $90-105.
Speeds are $95-105.

Those are some great prices! Saucony easily has the best value amongst the competition with their top tiered performance runners/trainers!

New Balance Fuel Cell RC Elite v2 - Violet.png

I feel like Thanos collecting the Infinity Stones with these "Super Shoes" :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_laughing:

Thanos.jpg

All I want now are the Metaspeed Skies!

Last edited:
Tested out the Metaspeed Skys this morning on a 3 mile run while hung over and dealing with the SoCal heat. They are they real deal. I think others have said this too, but it's the only shoe I've tried that feels like it's in the same class as the Vaporfly and Alphafly. Great cushioning (sorta in between ZoomX and FuelCell) and smooth ride with a rocker that encourages turnover. Upper is ultra breathable and accommodated my wider feet really well. The only obvious weak point I've found so far is the cotton laces, which are also too long. Not sure why Asics went with those.

How’d you go about sizing on the Sky?

-edit-

Speaking of the Sky… I saw these on IG

Notice the outsole color!
C4EBFC2E-51D2-4C9A-B498-B8389C029509.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my normal 9.5 which fit great, though I can tell they must run a tad short compared to my other shoes from Nike, NB, Saucony, Brooks, Hoka, etc. that I pretty much always get in 9.5. I prefer a full thumb width of space up top and these were maybe 2/3 of a thumb width.

-edit-

Speaking of the Sky… I saw these on IG

Notice the outsole color!
C4EBFC2E-51D2-4C9A-B498-B8389C029509.jpeg
Weird - the reverse of the ones I got which have the yellow below the red (yes, they're ugly, but that's what was available in my size).

^Pics?

I actually really like that Sky cw a lot! :emoji_sweat_smile:

Of the two cws for the Sky, I’d opt for the Red/Volt Yellow one.

The ONLY two cws for the Sky… SMH
E2A28D37-2A60-47EE-A2DE-F075029828C9.jpeg

Last edited:
I probably don’t NEED them, but I’m intrigued by the first RC Elite. I want to feel the Dynaride traction.

I probably don’t NEED them, but I’m intrigued by the first RC Elite. I want to feel the Dynaride traction.

The grip is supposed to be insane...but the edges of those triangles are sharp and could lead to cutting your leg (I recall this happening to Jarrett from BITR) and tearing up your shoes if you happen to scuff the other leg/shoe while running.

I like the RC1 more than the 2, that much Fuel Cell in the 2 feels like overkill to me. It’s easier for me to turn over the 1, being lighter and lower to the ground. And you got it on the outsole, the grip is incredible.

Took the Adios Pro 2 out for a first 10 miler with 7 at half marathon pace, I’m a big fan. Somehow they made holding that speed feel just as effortless as the Vaporfly, despite the Adios Pro weighing an ounce more. Adidas is onto something with the energy rod design. Soreness is totally minimal afterwards too, so they definitely save the legs. The only thing I noticed was the medial cutout made it feel a little unstable at my warmup mile pace.
E31EFA40-9E1A-462D-856B-6B8188CDCECE.jpeg

Took the Adios Pro 2 out for a first 10 miler with 7 at half marathon pace, I’m a big fan. Somehow they made holding that speed feel just as effortless as the Vaporfly, despite the Adios Pro weighing an ounce more. Adidas is onto something with the energy rod design. Soreness is totally minimal afterwards too, so they definitely save the legs. The only thing I noticed was the medial cutout made it feel a little unstable at my warmup mile pace.
E31EFA40-9E1A-462D-856B-6B8188CDCECE.jpeg

i need to pick up the pros soon. just put in my second run on the boston 10 with a 14 mile tempo run yesterday and everything felt great now that the midsole feels more broken in and has softened up. definitely feel like i'd enjoy the full lightstrike pro midsole

i need to pick up the pros soon. just put in my second run on the boston 10 with a 14 mile tempo run yesterday and everything felt great now that the midsole feels more broken in and has softened up. definitely feel like i'd enjoy the full lightstrike pro midsole

It’s a fantastic super shoe, I’d probably lean VF if forced to pick one for a race, but it’s right there which I haven’t been able to say for the other competition. The Adios 6 is really solid too if you haven’t picked it up

I like the RC1 more than the 2, that much Fuel Cell in the 2 feels like overkill to me. It’s easier for me to turn over the 1, being lighter and lower to the ground. And you got it on the outsole, the grip is incredible.

Any sizing advice on the RC Elite V1s? I went TTS for the V2s.

Any sizing advice on the RC Elite V1s? I went TTS for the V2s.

The 1s are a bit smaller than the 2’s, I had to go half size up. 12 in the RC1 and 11.5 in the RC2 gave me the same length from my big toe to the end of the shoe. If you’ve tried the Rebel v2 it’s basically identical sizing to that shoe.

The 1s are a bit smaller than the 2’s, I had to go half size up. 12 in the RC1 and 11.5 in the RC2 gave me the same length from my big toe to the end of the shoe. If you’ve tried the Rebel v2 it’s basically identical sizing to that shoe.

Thanks! The upper reminds me of the Zoom Streak 5.

Back
Top Bottom