"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

ASICS bumped up their discount to 50% off full priced items.

4ACCBD92-BAF9-498A-A697-34CE33E2904C.jpeg

MSSky at $125 is a DEAL!
Gotta get a couple novsblast 2 now.

FINALLLLLLLY received the Chicago ESpeed 2 from Slowcony after only four weeks (from Kentucky)! :smh::stoneface:

75E22F3F-901E-4191-B968-FF105D3D5E73.jpeg

I complained, and they refunded me an additional 10% for this order. All in all, they were 40% off.

I’ve noticed when ordering from Saucony, the average turn around time is two weeks. SMH

For those that grabbed the Takumi, how have they been so far?

Excellent. A great ripper for shorter distances. The Lightstrike Pro has great bounce and I feel as though you could easily take it the full marathon distance. I am slightly quicker in the Adios Pro however, the more aggressive energy rods in the Pro have a bit more pop off the pavement. Still love both of them though.

Excellent. A great ripper for shorter distances. The Lightstrike Pro has great bounce and I feel as though you could easily take it the full marathon distance. I am slightly quicker in the Adios Pro however, the more aggressive energy rods in the Pro have a bit more pop off the pavement. Still love both of them though.
Do you feel a width difference at all in the forefoot between the takumi and the adios pro?

T TerpRunner How's the stability on Takumi? Im aware they are racing shoes, but Im hoping they are somewhat stable enough.

Very stable for a racing shoe. The lower stack and beveled heel resist pronation better than most racing shoes. There’s a slight feeling of instability while walking because of the cutout in the midfoot but it totally disappears on the run

Closed out the year trying out the Prime X, might be the most ludicrous “shoe” I’ve ever run in. I’ve never felt something so effortless, yet at the same time absolutely terrifying due to any road imperfections🤣. I don’t think I’d ever race in these but I just ran my half marathon pace in them and my legs feel like they barely did work.
411106B8-FE42-4689-9A25-0D300B50E681.jpeg

Closed out the year trying out the Prime X, might be the most ludicrous “shoe” I’ve ever run in. I’ve never felt something so effortless, yet at the same time absolutely terrifying due to any road imperfections🤣. I don’t think I’d ever race in these but I just ran my half marathon pace in them and my legs feel like they barely did work.
411106B8-FE42-4689-9A25-0D300B50E681.jpeg

im scared to wear these :lol:

its been raining here and i didnt even want to think if a little mositure makes me slip a little then my ankles are done for

once its all dry though im gon be build up the courage to run in them

shoe is ridiculous in its stack height

im scared to wear these :lol:

its been raining here and i didnt even want to think if a little mositure makes me slip a little then my ankles are done for

once its all dry though im gon be build up the courage to run in them

shoe is ridiculous in its stack height

They’re legitimately terrifying. Any little crack or change in the road requires you to really concentrate to not end up with a sprained ankle. My lower calves are feeling it today from working overtime to stabilize on the high platform, but the rest of me feels great, like I didn’t even run. They do have great traction on wet pavement, the Continental rubber is legit so I wouldn’t let that scare you. Just pick a flat route😅

the thing is i run by a lake and it gets muddy and even when dry, that thick sludge kind of hangs around so traction really has to be topnotch or else a slight misstep and you’re down on your *ss :lol:

the shoe will get its day, rain should be over for now

this mizuno might have been on contention with the prime x

Finally got an uptempo workout in these -- gotta say I love them especially at the higher end of pace during run today. Lacing system is gonna take a moment to get locked in, but will probably reach for these more than the rebels for now (the colorway is also just tops).
IMG_4032.JPG

Finally got an uptempo workout in these -- gotta say I love them especially at the higher end of pace during run today. Lacing system is gonna take a moment to get locked in, but will probably reach for these more than the rebels for now (the colorway is also just tops).
IMG_4032.JPG

Enjoy! Gorgeous colorway and they're a lot of fun when really getting into it. I'm struggling not to go to mine more often and I have too many choices already, haha.

anyone in here run trails, specifically in the norda 001's? not many reviews on them. looking for NT input before shelling out $300!

anyone in here run trails, specifically in the norda 001's? not many reviews on them. looking for NT input before shelling out $300!

almost bought a pair but the high price tag strayed me away after considering that all the other trail offerings from hoka, nike, and salomon come at a much lower cost and perform as well.

love the looks of the 001 and you can justify that it’ll be durable enough to make the price tag worth it, but i figure that i’d rather spend my money trying out new tech in road/trail shoes instead of being bored with the same shoe for however long the nordas last

almost bought a pair but the high price tag strayed me away after considering that all the other trail offerings from hoka, nike, and salomon come at a much lower cost and perform as well.

love the looks of the 001 and you can justify that it’ll be durable enough to make the price tag worth it, but i figure that i’d rather spend my money trying out new tech in road/trail shoes instead of being bored with the same shoe for however long the nordas last
If you're comfortable going over the $250 mark for a trail shoe (which is nuts), you should make a beeline for Speedland!

If you're comfortable going over the $250 mark for a trail shoe (which is nuts), you should make a beeline for Speedland!

lol those are a big pass for me but actually had a chance to cop the 001 for $200, just all those new shoes announced for 2022 had me wanting to spend my money else where :lol:

Back
Top Bottom