"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Hopefully the colorways are better this time because other than the first colorway, every single version of the SB1 looked god-awful. Nike's color people do it so much better imo.

IMG_0697.jpeg

This one’s alright, IRL.

Last edited:
Will be curious about how Turbo+ feels in the Superblast 2. One of the draws to the Superblast 1 was its relative stability for such a tall shoe. Turbo+ being a bit softer will likely cause some challenges on that front but being even more forgiving of a foam and returning more energy are all good things!

You know, my guess is the SB2 will initially feel like a SB with 75+ miles—similar comfort and stability but perhaps a bit more bounce/response. Also, I wonder if its longevity will be less than the SB. My first pair of SB has 400+ miles and I’m just now starting to notice a bit of instability. That’s impressive, IMO. Will the SB2 last that long? Hope so.

1st run in the Mach 5s. Really comfy running shoe! I’m not a “runner” per-se, I just run for overall fitness with a weekly 5k.

The reviews for this shoe were all over the place. I usually take them with a grain of salt since I only average about 12-16 miles per month. It was a smooth ride but I found it to be not so responsive when trying to pick up the pace. 8:30ish is my comfort pace, I rarely ever do anything beyond that unless I’m feeling extremely good. For $100 shipped these are a win for me.
All that thigh meat.

Ran a 10 miler in the new Metaspeed Sky Paris and while it's super fast for me, something that Asics does in their racing shoes really doesn't work for me from a geometry standpoint. The toes almost feel higher than the heel and they feel like negative drop to me, my feet are absolutely trashed to a degree that other super shoes don't do. Unfortunately sending back :frown:

Ran a 10 miler in the new Metaspeed Sky Paris and while it's super fast for me, something that Asics does in their racing shoes really doesn't work for me from a geometry standpoint. The toes almost feel higher than the heel and they feel like negative drop to me, my feet are absolutely trashed to a degree that other super shoes don't do. Unfortunately sending back :frown:
I feel something similar in mine, but they don't trash my feet. Buy my calves felt sore after the first run. Gonna keep using them and see if this is going to be a problem.

I feel something similar in mine, but they don't trash my feet. Buy my calves felt sore after the first run. Gonna keep using them and see if this is going to be a problem.

Yeah, my calves are actually alright which is funny given the weird feeling where the toes are higher than the heel. But it feels like someone took a baseball bat to my midfoot, it's almost bruised a couple days later.:lol: I have other super shoes that are similarly fast that don't do this to me (Alpha 3, Endorphin Elite) so I'm not going to go back for a second shot. Hope they end up working out for you!

Wave Rebellion Pro 2's for $140 at Zappos! (Plus 15% Rakuten!) Might want to try this as the geometry looks totally wild, just don't heel strike in them :rofl:

wow

yah i clicked ont he link and chose mizuno and the wave pro 2 is listed at least half a dozen times and with different prices

does zappos operate like farfetch? i always thought they just sold shoes off of their own warehouse but with the random pricing, looks like theyre operating like a middle man for different stores

They do that every now and then. I got the nimbus 26 from them in February for $90. They had just released a few months prior.

wow

yah i clicked ont he link and chose mizuno and the wave pro 2 is listed at least half a dozen times and with different prices

does zappos operate like farfetch? i always thought they just sold shoes off of their own warehouse but with the random pricing, looks like theyre operating like a middle man for different stores

Not sure but I just carted them and checked out! May as well take advantage of it. :D

From my knowledge it’s their own stock. Ships just like Amazon. In fact if you have prime they link together.

My saucony endorphins have holes in em but it’s been a few years now

Can anybody recommend something similar

Just gonna be running 2-3 miles each session along the lake

From my knowledge it’s their own stock. Ships just like Amazon. In fact if you have prime they link together.

whats the explanation of the price for the same shoe and colorway ranging from $140 to $200?

just weird

plus amazon does host some other stores on their website

but might give it a try too... thats how they get you :rofl:

whats the explanation of the price for the same shoe and colorway ranging from $140 to $200?

just weird

plus amazon does host some other stores on their website

but might give it a try too... thats how they get you :rofl:

It looks like the Rebellion Pro 1 is $200 and the Rebellion Pro 2 is $140. The trainer version of this (Rebellion Flash 2) is also more expensive which is why I think it's a mistake :lol:

Back
Top Bottom