Our very own Hong Kong Sneaker Guide.

in hk right now, nothing really jumping off the bat, some notables ive seen are the alko's at reseller prices, alpha 1 white/blk/red also at reseller prices. What's great here is the availability of the reebok pumps, though no zigtechs yet. also seen some neon am95's.

fa yuen to me is officially dead, all of the stores there just sell the same shoes, except for maybe one or two reseller shops, which don't have much heat anyways. are there other shops aside from the ones in mongkok that are worth going to to find heat or other rare stuff? the online shops are killing the resellers imo, i just enjoy the hunting though

Originally Posted by monase

fa yuen to me is officially dead, all of the stores there just sell the same shoes, except for maybe one or two reseller shops, which don't have much heat anyways. are there other shops aside from the ones in mongkok that are worth going to to find heat or other rare stuff? the online shops are killing the resellers imo, i just enjoy the hunting though

That sucks!

notables that i saw over the weekend:
Jordan 2010 white red welcome home $1299
AJKO $1399
Alpha 1 $1299
various AM's
a whole load of pumps, dee brown's, michael chang's, for $899, instapump furys for $1199

SinnerP, do you know if Jordan Anniversary XI's will make it to Hong Kong? How much will they cost and will they be there still when I arrive on May 5th? Thanks.

going to hk in 2 weeks. what are the must hit sneaker stores/clothing stores?
thanks for all your help fellas

^ Depends on what you're looking for... Nike Flagship in TST is always worth checking out. Sneaker Street (in Mong Kok), despite having a lot of GR stuff, is also home to Nike Basketball and some reseller stores worth checking out.

ktan ~ Haven't heard anything about the XI release, but I doubt you'd be able to beat out the resellers... they usually scoop up all the limited shoes.
Check previous page regarding mooncakes.

Thanks SinnerP! I plan on grabbing them over here in Toronto (Yuck, Canadian retail on Jordan's is horrible) but any idea if LeBron VII Mooncake's are still available at retailers? Specifically on Fa Yuen Street?

If you guys are looking for Air Jordan VI black/Varsity red go to Times Square mall in Causeway most of the stores inside have the Black/red VI, the marathon sports outside also has the VI's..if you still cant find your size go to Admiralty Pacific place mall they also have the Jordan VI black/varsity red... also saw space jams, AJKOs, neon 95's, alpha 1's, Penny 2 miami and lots of other kicks in Mongkok

Originally Posted by lastchance21

also saw space jams, AJKOs, neon 95's, alpha 1's, Penny 2 miami and lots of other kicks in Mongkok
Before anyone gets carried away, I'm guessing you saw these at the reseller shops?  $2000 HKD for the Space Jams, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep sorry wasnt able to mention that most of the nice shoes I saw came from reseller shops..we all know the GR stuff they sell nowadays..

what is the actual name of the sneaker street? was looking for maybe some reseller shops along with retail stores. seen the pictures of all the shoes shrinkwrapped would like to check it out. also looking to maybe pickup some clothes such as bape, and lv. any suggestions sinner? do you happen to know if the price of lv is lower in HK or MACAU
thanks alot for all your help

^ Fa Yuen Street is sneaker street.

Bape ~ The Bape store is in Central
#10 Ground Floor
Queens Road Central
Hong Kong
Business Hours: 11:00am – 8:00pm (HK Time)

LV ~ I'm not 100% sure, but I think the prices in Macau vs. HK are the same. You can use HKDs in Macau as well.

LV internationally all have the same price. I bought a pair of LV Evidence in Toronto for $670 + tax, and if I were to buy it in HK, I would have saved about $200 HKD.

Originally Posted by ktan09

LV internationally all have the same price. I bought a pair of LV Evidence in Toronto for $670 + tax, and if I were to buy it in HK, I would have saved about $200 HKD.
LOL. If they were the same price then you wouldn't have saved any.

^^ .... Generally, they're the same price. The only difference being saved is the minute difference in scale of exchange rates for different currencies. For $200 HKD, it's not really worth it to buy overseas and claim customs... I didn't think people were that literal and narrow-minded...?

Originally Posted by ktan09

^^ .... Generally, they're the same price. The only difference being saved is the minute difference in scale of exchange rates for different currencies. For $200 HKD, it's not really worth it to buy overseas and claim customs... I didn't think people were that literal and narrow-minded...?
At the end of the day, they don't have the same price. Saying "generally they are the same price" does not equate to "they all have the same price internationally," which was your first statement.

That's one reason why Filipinos buy their LVs outside Manila because the prices here are more expensive. Had the prices been exactly the same, as you earlier claimed, then no need to send their viajeras to HK or Europe for their luxury fix.

I dunno if the prices are generally the same all over the world, but there's a reason why our LV's are usually packed with Japanese and Mainland-China tourists... I'm guessing its the price as well as the different sales tax levels (no sales tax in HK).

Don't want to start a flame war or anything, but the price in Hong Kong is minutely cheaper than Canada plus tax. Almost as if LV incorporates the intended tax into their retail price. The direct retail vs. retail price between HK & Canada; then Canada is cheaper had there been no tax.

^ I've never been north of the US so I'll take your word for it, but yeah, like SinnerP said, LV stores in HK have ******ed lines (though i doubt it compares with Japan's).

I just got a Daniel MM from NZ and the price is significantly cheaper than Manila but slightly higher than the US. I'll check HK's price next week.

Anyhow, SinnerP, I'm headed to the crown colony soon. I'll hit you up when I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom