Our very own Hong Kong Sneaker Guide.

hi guys! ill be in HK next week, can you tell me where are those big nike basketball/shops in HK??and where i can find Mcdavid apparels TIA :smile:

I would suggest visiting Fa Yuen Street as there are several Nike Basketball locations as well as other shops that carry Nike Basketball footwear. I'm sure you'll find McDavid apparel as there are plenty of options of athletic wear in each shop.

hi guys! ill be in HK next week, can you tell me where are those big nike basketball/shops in HK??and where i can find Mcdavid apparels TIA :smile:
imgs8.png

I'm going to list the main ones (the ones that generally get most of the releases)

imgs8.png

Mong Kok, 76A Fa Yuen Street (Nelson Street and Fa Yuen Street Intersection) MTR Mong Kok Station Exit D2? (Not Sure, just check the MTR sign for Sneaker Street)

imgs8.png

Tsim Sha Tsui, Unit G31-32 Park Lane Shopper's Boulevard (On Nathan Road) MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit A

imgs8.png

Sha Tin, Shop 508, Level 5, Phase 1, New Town Plaza. MTR Sha Tin Station Exit A2 or A3 (Basically the mall straight out of Sha Tin Station, it's beside a Ruby Tuesday's)

Wan Chai, 68 Johnston Road, Trust Tower Ground Floor. MTR Wan Chai Station Exit A3 or B1/2 (Across from Southorn Playground)

Causeway Bay, 7 Pak Sha Road. MTR Causeway Bay Station Exit F1/F2 (Exit A will take you to Times Square where there is a Nike Store there)

I'm also going to list the Factory Outlet Stores

Tung Chung, Citygate Outlets, MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B

Kwun Tong, Shop B3, Block 1, Camel Paint Building, 60-62 Hoi Yuen Road. MTR Kwun Tong Station Exit B1 (This one is hidden, but there is a sign on Hoi Yuen Road letting you know where it is located)

North Point, Shop G3-5, G/5, Provident Centre. MTR North Point Station Exit A1 (This one is quite a walk from North Point so if you're not sure if you can find it, take a taxi)

Hope that helps

I've posted the relevant addresses throughout this thread... a quick search will do the trick!  But that ^ also works! Thanks for taking the time.
Wow! That's a surprise! Are the Griff's already sold out Sinner? If not, you think this will sit a bit?
Not sure. Should be still available as I don't expect them to fly off the shelves... like the OG Air Trainer SC, SCII & Air Revolution pack. Those have been sitting. Ultimately, trainers and baseball-themed kicks just aren't very popular here.  If anything, I guess the resellers will try to get them to resell to the US guys... haha.  

Not sure. Should be still available as I don't expect them to fly off the shelves... like the OG Air Trainer SC, SCII & Air Revolution pack. Those have been sitting. Ultimately, trainers and baseball-themed kicks just aren't very popular here.  If anything, I guess the resellers will try to get them to resell to the US guys... haha.  

Haha! Thanks man. I don't usually go crazy for new cw's of the Griff's, but this one just got me. Too darn nice.

imgs8.png

I'm going to list the main ones (the ones that generally get most of the releases)

imgs8.png

Mong Kok, 76A Fa Yuen Street (Nelson Street and Fa Yuen Street Intersection) MTR Mong Kok Station Exit D2? (Not Sure, just check the MTR sign for Sneaker Street)

imgs8.png

Tsim Sha Tsui, Unit G31-32 Park Lane Shopper's Boulevard (On Nathan Road) MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit A

imgs8.png

Sha Tin, Shop 508, Level 5, Phase 1, New Town Plaza. MTR Sha Tin Station Exit A2 or A3 (Basically the mall straight out of Sha Tin Station, it's beside a Ruby Tuesday's)
Wan Chai, 68 Johnston Road, Trust Tower Ground Floor. MTR Wan Chai Station Exit A3 or B1/2 (Across from Southorn Playground)

Causeway Bay, 7 Pak Sha Road. MTR Causeway Bay Station Exit F1/F2 (Exit A will take you to Times Square where there is a Nike Store there)

I'm also going to list the Factory Outlet Stores
Tung Chung, Citygate Outlets, MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B
Kwun Tong, Shop B3, Block 1, Camel Paint Building, 60-62 Hoi Yuen Road. MTR Kwun Tong Station Exit B1 (This one is hidden, but there is a sign on Hoi Yuen Road letting you know where it is located)
North Point, Shop G3-5, G/5, Provident Centre. MTR North Point Station Exit A1 (This one is quite a walk from North Point so if you're not sure if you can find it, take a taxi)

Hope that helps

Thank you so much sir! Actually this is my 2nd time going to HK my 1st time i didnt get much time to walk around fa yuen... Now im alone i can go anywhere! Thank you again

Thank you so much sir! Actually this is my 2nd time going to HK my 1st time i didnt get much time to walk around fa yuen... Now im alone i can go anywhere! Thank you again
Your welcome, thought I lay it out while I still have the information on my phone and that I still remember how to get there, but if you just want general Nike stuff there is one in nearly every district in Hong Kong and there is the regular sporting goods store

Guys i'll be in HKG in august 1 -3 is there any release of shoes on those days... Where is the best place to go to get jordans shoes or any limited shoes... thanks

^ No idea what will release on those days, but for non-retro J's, either the Jordan Store, Nike BB or the big Nike stores on Sneaker St.  As for exclusive/limited shoes... resellers.

For Nike SB heads, saw this in a magazine.  It'll take too long to translate so I would suggest showing the address to the concierge at your hotel and have them translate it for you. Or you can Google the store name.

Last edited:
Thanks SinnerP...I heard that jordan super fly (Griffin) will be release on august 1. Will this be release also in HK

can i still find roshe run yeezy in HK?
I can say for sure HK didn't get them, I was hoping the same thing when I went back in May, went to Nike Fa Yuen Mong Kok, Nike Langham, Nike Park Lane at TST, and the Nike Sportswear at Causeway Bay, all of them told me they never got it

How is the weather in HK? I'll be going there Sept 23-28. I'd like to pack the right clothes.
Also can anyone suggest any places to eat or what should be tried? This will be my first trip there. TIA!

How is the weather in HK? I'll be going there Sept 23-28. I'd like to pack the right clothes.
Also can anyone suggest any places to eat or what should be tried? This will be my first trip there. TIA!
Prepare for either extremely humid weather or Torrential downpour. 

Where will you be staying in Hong Kong, I could help you better that way so I can tell you places closer to you

Less than a week? That won't be enough! 
wink.gif

Even into September, it's still pretty warm here. I'd say around the high-20's/low-30's celsius (do you own conversion)... with humidity... hot and sticky and very uncomfortable. 

Foods to eat... depends on where you'll be staying, but dim sum's usually popular. Lots of HK-foods... won ton noodles, BBQ pork, egg tarts, milk-tea, hot pot... the list goes on.

Places to visit... The Peak (for the view), the giant Buddha, night/street markets, the brand new Bruce Lee museum... and of course, Sneaker St.

Last edited:
I'll be staying at Langham Place. I'll have four days in HK and one day in Macau. I'm sure that would be enough time to see a few things and eat and shop. After HK I'll be heading to the PI so I do know about those torrential downpours. Lol.

@prman coming from a visitor's and tourist's viewpoint I wore shorts everyday. Mind you this was from my visit in early July. I'm not sure how the temperature will change in September but I sweat a lot, and found HK to be extremely humid and wore dri-fit tees everyday that I was there. I had brought a rain jacket as well as it had rained a little. I'm sure some of the locals will direct you to the best eateries but I went to Tim Ho Wan for dim sum as it was cheap and popular amongst tourist, I'm certain it would not be the first or best recommendation if you asked someone more familiar with the area, but I enjoyed it. Also for me, I familiarized myself with the MTR before I got there and bought an Octopus card as soon as I got into the city from the airport. I already mapped out the places I wanted to visit beforehand and used the MTR to get there from my hotel. I didn't mind walking anywhere and everywhere to my destinations as it gave me the opportunity to get lost and enjoy parts of HK that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I took the taxi once late night after going out. Felt safe my entire stay, hope this helps sorry so long!

Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to go. I'm budgeting myself on sneaker purchases. I haven't really bought much in awhile. My fiancee was recently there about a month ago and I had her try and locate a Rolex for me. So I may not have extra funds for sneakers. Lol.
But I'm sure I'll enjoy the food from what I've researched and read. And yes I'll be taking the MTR. I've researched all that stuff. Is it true that local HK people are rude or don't seem to care to help with directions or anything. Its just something I've read and heard. It doesn't really matter since I'm from NJ and I'm used to that from some of other NYers.

Back
Top Bottom