Our very own Hong Kong Sneaker Guide.

Nike BB sounds like the place to try, thanks! Heading to Mong Kok on Wed so ill have a good look around anyway.

Yeah, Nike BB was the only spot to get the Taxi's... Mong Kok and Wan Chai both HAD them... many weeks ago.

Nike BB sounds like the place to try, thanks! Heading to Mong Kok on Wed so ill have a good look around anyway.
nike bb mongkok still have taxis the other day.

but i thing very limited size only. last time i asked only size 10us it the biggest for that.

goodluck.

hi sinnerP, just wanna ask how does the jordan release scene looks like in HK? do you guys camp very early ? or do they also give card slots to those who queue very early and does it

also sell out in minutes just like here in phil?...looks like the

jordan 4 "thunder" will be released this nov.

thanks bro.

I've never camped for kicks, so I can't speak on that, but here, it's a losing-battle. You can't compete with the resellers.

Anyway, it depends on the release, but I've lined-up at first-come-first-serve releases 1 hr before opening. Had success with the true-blue AJ3, but none with some Kobe's.  

Recently, they've started using a lucky-draw system and required HKID numbers... meaning only HK residents were allowed to buy them.

Having said, that I've also heard rumors of shady dealings among the Nike BB staff regarding these limited releases.  Rumors only, but I wouldn't be surprised. 
eyes.gif

Anyway, it'll ultimately depend on the release and # of pairs available and how the shop decides to release them. 

Haven't heard anything about the Thunder IV release though...

@sinnerP, i see well i'm not sure whether j4 thunder will be released in HK i just saw it from a sneaker site :D thanks for you inputs though. i have already scheduled my hongkong trip long time ago :tongue: fortunately it concided with that shoe RD. just my personal dilema haha, coz happy to go HK but sad that i might miss the release...

hi sinnerP, just wanna ask how does the jordan release scene looks like in HK? do you guys camp very early ? or do they also give card slots to those who queue very early and does it
also sell out in minutes just like here in phil?...looks like the
jordan 4 "thunder" will be released this nov.
thanks bro.
i was in hk for the air jordan 3 white cement release last year. lined up 1-2 hours before the Nike BB shop at Mongkok opened. you should expect longer lines if the shoes are nike bb exclusive compared to GR since the other stores wont have them (toronto sports, sportshouse)

i was in hk for the air jordan 3 white cement release last year. lined up 1-2 hours before the Nike BB shop at Mongkok opened. you should expect longer lines if the shoes are nike bb exclusive compared to GR since the other stores wont have them (toronto sports, sportshouse)

really? hmm 2hrs seems fair enough haha..i guess that was around 8-9am?.. since i have no idea if its similar here in manila when queueing earlier.. but yeah i guess it will depend whether its a QS, GS or limited of some sort.. well i'll just have to try my luck come nov. :smokin

Any chance that size 10.5 Hyperdunk 2012 China away will be available?  Sister in law will be going to HK next week, will ask her to cop one for me.  How about Jordan Aero Flight royal blue color, was it released in HK?  Thanks!

I think they still have the white China ones around... Have seen them at a few stores, though not sure about that specific size.  As for the yellow ones, Mong Kok Sneaker street will have a better chance of having them.  

Not sure about the Jordans.  Will check the next time I swing by.

Last edited:
I'll be in Hong Kong early October and staying at the Hyatt in Kowloon

18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon

Can anyone recommend any sneaker shops near by?

^ That's a good location. A 15-20min walking distance is the Harbor City/Ocean Terminal shopping center, where there are a few GR sneaker shops and a Nike SportsWear.  There are other shopping centers around your hotel worth checking out, as well as an Adidas store.  

It's also very close to an MTR (subway) station, where you can take a 10 min ride to Mong Kok, which is where sneaker street is.  Your hotel Concierge should be able to show you were that is.  

^ Boss SinnerP, will visit the places you have posted =) Sorry for the noob question on your mailbox =)

^ No problem. Marco Polo's in a good location for public transportation and HK isn't that big, so you shouldn't have any problems getting around.  I posted the address for Nike BB Wan Chai and Mong Kok a few pages back, so just check there.

Anyway, took some 'spy' pics of the displays (cuz shops don't allow people to take pics), so sorry for the poor quality.  Blame by iPod Touch camera too.

Jordans at the big, 3-storey Nike Shop in Mong Kok.

Nike BB.

Wow they still have the LeBron elites. Kobe Gold medal spotted. I do hope to cop 2-3 pairs of kicks if i'm lucky enough. thanks for these paparazzi shots SinnerP =)

Back
Top Bottom