**OutKast Stankonia Discussion**

Man HELL yay...stop playing... Outcast with a K, yeah them __s are hard. Harder than a __ tryna impress GOD!
pimp.gif

But what's the discussion? I think you meant to say poll.. uh... nh
grin.gif

I meant discuss how you feel about the album.

Let me start...

I feel like its a good albumt but I never understood the praise it got from everyone. People call it a classic, one of the best of the decade and Outkast'ssecond best album behind Aquemini. Like, am I not being open minded enough about tracks like Gasoline Dreams and B.O.B. because to some, these tracks aingenious, but to me, no so much. There's definately some heat throughout the album (Slum Beautiful, So Fresh So Clean, Red Velvet) and I respect theexperimentation, but I really don't feel like this album is seeing southernplayalisticadillacmuzik or ATLiens.

Discuss...

YO!
People call it a classic, one of the best of the decade and Outkast's second best album behind Aquemini.
Ain't NOBODY ever said that - straight faced. This album is at best 4th on the list of Kast albums. And I'm sure many would take SB/TLBover it. But... "B.O.B." IS genious. DF!!!

last good album from kast IMO...tha split album was decent...but Stankonia was the last I could put on and let roll through with minimal skipping ofsongs...that was like 2000...damn I miss that era in my life...
frown.gif

wow dre clark........ im strangely jealous.

call it what you want, STANKONIA is my favorite outkast album. its all unbelievable. so many hits, so many other tracks, hardly any"filler"........yet its about more than just the songs.... you have to look at the experience.

Trust me, people call it a classic. Not a hip hop classic, but classic in any genre of music. Check reviews, the album gets a perfect of near perfect ratingeverytime. Not that I'm one to follow what a critic says, because most the time they don't know %%+ about hip hop, but I listen to this album from amusical stand point, and I don't see it. Whatever though, I won't dwell on it. Just gonna enjoy the music.

Whatever. Peoples opinions are their opinions.

To me, this is a GREAT @!+#$*$ album. Maybe a classic. Probably is a classic, and probably is NOT even Outkast's 2nd best album. Aquemini and Southern.....are my 2 favorite.

Ms. Jackson and So Fresh So Clean were HUGE records.

I could see how some cats might not +!#@ with B.O.B., but to me that +@@$ BANGS HARD.....

Red Velvet is one of the best written rap records I've ever heard. And that's REAL.

Add Slum Beautiful, and even Toilet Tisha (even if it is a skit)......

And you might just have yourself classic material.

Ain't NOBODY ever said that - straight faced.
from hip-hop heads, rarely, but like dude said, it's held in HIGH regard by music critics. it made Time's 100 Best Albums, Rolling Stones500 Greatest Albums, was like 25th on Spin's Top 100 albums...nominated for Album of the Year, won best Rap Album at the Grammy's. critics have calledit the Sgt. Peppers of hip-hop, which is a hell of a statement. i agree that their first 3 albums are just a notch above Stankonia and TLB/Speakerboxxx, butit's the other way around in the eyes of the widespread music critic. they LOVE both of those albums (as do i, but they're not seeing their first 3joints IMO) i think the reason why critics go ape #$+! over those 2 albums is because they're their most experimental and they were both huge successes,and they helped blur the lines between genres, but 'Kast has always pushed the envelope and been 10 steps ahead of everyone else so you could make theargument either way.

SMH @ calling this a classic ... i absolutely love OutKast ... I'm fanatical ... but I hate this album with a passion. But Red Velvet is one of my fav'Kast songs.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
i absolutely love OutKast ... I'm fanatical ... but I hate this album with a passion.
ohwell.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
expected you to be one of the ppl to comment ... I just want to know why ppl love it so much... I couldn't never understand it ... elaborate for me Ant.

3000s verse on B.O.B
pimp.gif

One of my favorite songs by Kast.

That has album had 2 MAJOR hits in Ms. Jackson and So Fresh So Clean.
People who weren't even fans of rap music were singing Ms. Jackson.

YO!
elaborate for me Ant.
It was just a big album. Actually a day or 2 ago, I went through one of my spurts of going through all my Kast albums - and I gave this albumwaaaaaay less burn than Idlewild. BUT more so because the singles from this album were so overplayed. Even still, peep these songs:

So Fresh, So Clean
Snappin & Trappin
B.O.B.
We Luv Deez...
?
Red Velvet
Gangsta $%#!
Toilet Tisha
Slum Beautiful

Those are some ridiculously creative songs. From subject matter to production. It's not their most daring - on second though, it may be. The thing aboutthis album though, is that it's the furthest away from being rooted in black music than any of their other albums. Which I guess explains the criticalacclaim. DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
elaborate for me Ant.
It was just a big album. Actually a day or 2 ago, I went through one of my spurts of going through all my Kast albums - and I gave this album waaaaaay less burn than Idlewild. BUT more so because the singles from this album were so overplayed. Even still, peep these songs:

So Fresh, So Clean
Snappin & Trappin
B.O.B.
We Luv Deez...
?
Red Velvet
Gangsta $%#!
Toilet Tisha
Slum Beautiful

Those are some ridiculously creative songs. From subject matter to production. It's not their most daring - on second though, it may be. The thing about this album though, is that it's the furthest away from being rooted in black music than any of their other albums. Which I guess explains the critical acclaim. DF!!!

All good points. I think it may be the point that So Fresh, B.O.B. & Ms Jackson got OD'd on. Then I personally OD'd on I'll Call, Slum B,We Luv Deez, Gangsta S.t to the point where I can't even play them anymore ....
Only songs I still play are Red Velvet & ?

Back
Top Bottom