Outta All The Current Rappers Today Who Do You Think Has The Best Album Catalog?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

indifferent.gif
@ nobody saying snoop

c'mon son... dont even try it...
smh.gif
 @ you not reading my post.

Outkast and Scarface are 2 off top that have no weak albums IMO

Jay, Nas, Ghostface, Ye are up there. (Jay & Nas got a few forgettable joints. Ye has 808s)

depending on this next Ross joint I might put him up there

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm saying tho, out of current rappers...who really applies nowadays if not Ross?

Port of Miami, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, all solid albums

folks just be hating on Ross cause of the C.O. %@%+. Musically you can't deny dude...

Hell folks puttin T.I. up there, his past few have been average at best....

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm saying tho, out of current rappers...who really applies nowadays if not Ross?

Port of Miami, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, all solid albums

folks just be hating on Ross cause of the C.O. %@%+. Musically you can't deny dude...

Hell folks puttin T.I. up there, his past few have been average at best....
I associate solid w/ average though. So while Ross has 3 solid albums he doesnt have any great ones. #Imjustsayin

My two cents, list is in order, only guys that are actively still making music.

1. Nas

Undisputed best catalog imo, multiple certified classics, multiple arguable classics, only one true dud.

2. Scarface

Easily the most consistent catalog of all time. Multiple classics, I don't even think he has an album that's not good.

3. Ghostface

Right behind Scarface, less output separates them.

4. Outkast

Only five albums, probably the highest ratio of classics per albums released.

5. Jay Z

Very strong catalog, watered down at times but more than consistently good.

6. TIP

Six albums, I like everyone of them. Some might call TI vs TIP the weak spot but that albums has some great stuff on it. Paper Trail is the evolution of TIvsTIP.

7. Masta Ace

I have all of his albums and enjoy them all, that said I just don't listen to him as much as I do my favorite artist.

8. UGK

IMO right up there with Scarface when it comes to the most longevous yet successful career in rap. Multiple classic albums, one of the best double disc ever, and as far as I know the only group to have a #1 album 15 years after their debut. Their 2009 album was highly slept on too.

9. Common

A lot of very, very good albums. Only one *#@* album, out of 8.

10. Kanye West

Only four albums deep, one of the most consistent artist to debut this decade. I expect him to continue to make good music for years to come.

edit: I forgot Gang Starr, they should be on this list in the 6-9 range.

Honorable Mention to AZ, KRS1, despite the heading Mac Dre (RIP), Camron, Prodigy/Mobb Deep, Devin the Dude, a few others.

Back
Top Bottom