OVERRATED MOVIES? *flamesuits must be worn beyond this point*

You know what I hate? When people say

"It wasn't as good as the book"

Know what the book wasn't as good at? Being a ******g film. the cinematography was non-existent, couldn't hear the soundtrack; the acting might as well not even had been there; and I promise the director was absent the whole time.
i never understood that as a criticism

i have yet to see a movie that was better than the book 

Know what the book wasn't as good at? Being a ******g film. the cinematography was non-existent, couldn't hear the soundtrack; the acting might as well not even had been there; and I promise the director was absent the whole time.

People just say that to brag about reading the book

People just say that to brag about reading the book
nah the book is better than the movie 100% of the time

except for great gatsby that book was trash 

The personal nature of a book will never let it be better than a movie. When you read a book you are creating every visual, it's the way you interpret the story; when you watch a film it's the directors/producers/studios way of interpreting the story. Our arrogance will never allow you to say that some director, in one-three hours, made you feel the same way you felt about the book after weeks of spending time with it, honestly it's not a fair criticism.

I meant people bring up "the book is better" j just to brag about reading the book.

Guess I should have quoted the other post

The personal nature of a book will never let it be better than a movie. When you read a book you are creating every visual, it's the way you interpret the story; when you watch a film it's the directors/producers/studios way of interpreting the story. Our arrogance will never allow you to say that some director, in one-three hours, made you feel the same way you felt about the book after weeks of spending time with it, honestly it's not a fair criticism.
weeks? at most it takes me a two days to read a book. the details in books is and will always be better than movies, only reason i watch movies of books that i have read is to see how some of the things look in real life (word to harry potter)

weeks? at most it takes me a two days to read a book. the details in books is and will always be better than movies, only reason i watch movies of books that i have read is to see how some of the things look in real life (word to harry potter)
Not saying that it's not impossible, but if you taking two days to read a book, you may need to step up your reading level. Ain't no way you reading The Divine Comedy in two days B.

The details in the book are there to replace the visuals you see in the movie. If you ever get a chance, read the official screenplay for a book you read, you'd understand the differences in the mediums.

It's like saying "The live performance was way better than the music video" yeah, same song, but two completely different mediums. Personally, I've probably had more words ran pass these eyes than most people knew existed; however, I've learned to appreciate both film and print.

And remember, you're not seeing these things in real life, you're seeing them on a film, your seeing what another artists thinks of whatever it is you are looking for, it'll never be better than what you think it should/could look like.

Go ahead and bring up some anectdoctal evidence, people always do.

Last edited:

Not saying that it's not impossible, but if you taking two days to read a book, you may need to step up your reading level. Ain't no way you reading The Divine Comedy in two days B.

The details in the book are there to replace the visuals you see in the movie. If you ever get a chance, read the official screenplay for a book you read, you'd understand the differences in the mediums.

It's like saying "The live performance was way better than the music video" yeah, same song, but two completely different mediums. Personally, I've probably had more words ran pass these eyes than most people knew existed; however, I've learned to appreciate both film and print.

And remember, you're not seeing these things in real life, you're seeing them on a film, your seeing what another artists thinks of whatever it is you are looking for, it'll never be better than what you think it should/could look like.

aint no one in here reading the divine comedy B.

but speaking of divine comedy, the last book i read was dan brown's latest book and that took me 2 days

Came in this thread to see whats up, this is what I see from people
roll.gif
roll.gif
BRUH I wish I could rep this more than once.

Last edited:

Exactly. You can't really compare across different forms of media, unless they're highly similar, IMO (e.g. a live classical music performance vs. an audio recording, a live musical vs. a film musical, etc.).

Last edited:

Cage himself is pretty overrated

Off the top of my head, His only good movies are kick *** and the weatherman
Raising Arizona, Matchstick Men, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, Bringing Out the Dead, 8MM
Nic Cage. My man has been hard at work putting out like 4 movies per year for the last 10 years. :pimp: Guess he really needs that money after he lost the castle he bought. Haha

I hate the phrase "the book was better" not because it's untrue, but because it's an incredibly pretentious thing to say.

The Harry Potter movies are better than the books. Stopped reading them at Goblet of fire because I have the utmost faith that the movies would keep beating out the books, and I was not disappointed.

The Harry Potter movies are better than the books. Stopped reading them at Goblet of fire because I have the utmost faith that the movies would keep beating out the books, and I was not disappointed.
Harry potter and Lotr are the only series that immediately come to mind when I think of an instance where the movies were better than the books.

Harry potter and Lotr are the only series that immediately come to mind when I think of an instance where the movies were better than the books.
harry potter movies ruined the books for me, i seriously regret watching that trash

harry potter movies ruined the books for me, i seriously regret watching that trash
I dead stopped watching the movies after Prisoner of Azkaban... 

But to anyone who said Avatar was overrated. 

I 100% Agree. 

It's basically an cg'ed up Pocahontas... or the story of Africa. Whichever comes first. 

Star Wars movies every single dam one probably the most boring things ive watch as a child :smh:

id say most terantino movies are a bit overated all of them have zero replay value except kill bill
(still a fan will watch once and thats all i need)

Back
Top Bottom