P.S.A. for those with COMPUTERS (UPDATE)

those popups are called pop under ads. it's one of the newest ways to get around popup blockers. as for those "viruses" there's a program i used to use (but took off accidently). i think it's called add/remove pro or something like that. it's on download.com. it finds things that your default windows add/remove program won't detect. try that first.
I'm Always Wired​

crcballer: went to download.com and didnt find the add/remove pro..but theres one called youruninstaller pro 2003..? not sure if it is the one..

if u got aim, get at me..ramen11

do not fear death, but the unlived life.

To Defrag in 98

1.) Open your start menu, select Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools, and then Disk Defragmenter.

2.) Select the drive you want to defragment (chances are your primary drive is the C: drive). Click OK. The process should begin.

3.) If you want to see a detailed map of the process in action, click on the Show Details button.
- Craig Ehlo

what do you do once the 30 day trial for zone alarm runs out?
in them wit G P..Rock thick tUbe socks like im from DC​

I have a problem that is really pissing me off. No matter how many times I go and set my homepage to niketalk.com it goes back to:

res://mshp.dll/index.html#22776

I have no clue what to do. Also, lately my niketalk never stays signed in, and when it does after I do sign in i have to open a new browser for me to be able to post. WTF!
[/b]​

it's a browser problem, not a computer one. IE has some problems with it that microsoft has failed to patch up. try mozilla. it works pretty good for everything except video. it also stores your usernames & passwords for certain sites.
I'm Always Wired​

*****TEKKIES or anyone please help!?!?!?!*****
, I read the PSA for those with computers stickied above so after I downloaded AVG I keep getting the pop-up as follows:
"AVG Resident Shield
Virus-
Trojan Horse STartpage AV
is found in file
c:/system volume information/_restore(775D4671-7798-4E2c-967D<A9C751FA1800)IRP31A0000272.EXE
To remove this virus, please run AVG for windows"

So I run the AVG scan and it says it finds nothing, I also downloaded the other stuff from the PSA like windows washer and Ad-ware and still can't find it. Can anyone help me , has this happened to anyone else? I haven't noticed anything wrong with my computer except for the actual pop-ups.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I know I posted a topic on this but I guess no one noticed so instead of upping it again, I posted it here. Thanks.
REAL FRIENDS STAB YOU IN THE FRONT

JASON LEE ROCKS!!!

i accidentally installed multiple windows xp systems on my computer and i want to simply reformat the entire computer....what are the steps that i need to take?

i tried doin the whole f2 thing when it boots, but my keyboard comes up as error ps/2 device not recognized

so i dont know how to get to the boot screen...please help...thansk

Quote:
You should change it to "PSA for whose without Macs."

:lol:
laugh.gif
so true, we dont get much problems, and safari comes with that stuff arleady. :D
happy.gif

kbtoyz902 EMAIL-kbtoyz@pacbell.net
Take your artist series whining off NT, and bring it to ********...​

dirty suggested that i ask crc how to do this so im just gonna put it in here even though i know that most of the stuff doesnt get answered in here until much later and i sorta need this done TODAY

The Issue:
I have an older model IBM Aptiva-machine type 2174. I have tried calling just about every number on the website and searching the site only to receive little or NO help at all.

I was looking for technical support on the exact steps to formatting my entire hard drive. My computer originally had windows 98 and I upgraded to XP, but then I wanted to format the entire drive and reinstall XP on the computer, but instead it just installed XP on top of the old XP and now I have two OS's on my computer with half of my hard drive space still given to the old OS that I am not even using.

All I want to know is simply how I can wipe out the whole hard drive. I tried pressing F2 when the computer came on to get to the boot screen, but I cant even do that because it says "PS/2 device not recognized or not connected" Now my keyboard SEEMS to work just fine when I use any applications on the computer but for some reason I cant get to the BIOS and other information screen because of this message.

Can you PLEASE help me with this question? I am not very computer literate so this process is difficult for me, however I know that this is something very simple to correct. All I want to do is erase my whole hard drive.

***we do have the original disks but its sayin something about FDISKS and the partition and stuff now, our original system was windows 98***

also I found the computers original recovery disks with windows 98 but it said something about needing to FDISK something because I had an NTFS format??? Then it brought me to a page that says:

FDISK Options

Current fixed disk drive : 1

Choose one of the following:

1. Create DOS partition or logical DOS drive
2. Set Active partition
3. Delete partition or logical DOS drive
4. Display partition informations

Enter Choice: ___

Press escape to exit FDISK

Mozilla is kinda nice.... especially since my internet explorer was on crack lately..... but anybody know whats wrong with my pc if i can't run disk cleanup.... an error comes up everytime i try to run it and with that system wiper the same thing happens when i try to delete temp files.... an error message comes up....

[/b]​

JayeRell

I haven't dealt with FDISK for a few years, but to reformat your HD and install a new OS...

-make sure you have a full copy of WinXP or 2000 or whatever you want to install, not an upgrade.

-restart your computer and run FDISK in DOS mode

-you want to delete your DOS partition

-after this is done, put your WindowsXP cd in the computer

-restart your computer after this. if your BIOS doesn't detect a viable partition or OS on your HD, it automatically goes to the next media to look for a way to start the computer, usually the CD-ROM.

-the WinXP CD should begin to setup and you can install WInXP

i just dl the google pop up blocker it has worked good...except one problem no one can send me an instant message. anyone know how to fix this?

I have a question about downloading the toolbar MYSEARCH off www.mysearch.com. It doesn't allow me to use the websites of yahoo.com, google.com, or other search engines even after I "deleted" the program. Any help is welcomed!
ANGLE

Are you DMXperienced?

Bret Hart - The best there is, was and ever will be? No doubt!

the IM thing probably isn't the toolbar.

as for the 'mysearch' problem. did you uninstall the program? or just delete it? when something is deleted, it is still there but not in a conventional recoverable form. the info is there but not the means to find it. try reinstalling the program, then doing an uninstall.
I'm Always Wired​

no, I uninstalled it, but I will try again, thanks
ANGLE

Are you DMXperienced?

Bret Hart - The best there is, was and ever will be? No doubt!

CJ003- i've never heard of that problem, and don't even know how it would be possible. are you not able to get in at all? or are you on an older version of your IM?
I'm Always Wired​

^^^naw i got a new version. the problem is that i can talk 2 people(i'm able to im and they can im me back) the problem is that i can't receive someones original im. (u know when your sitting at a computer and a box pops up from some one i can't get that). the only way that i can communicate is by sending them an im first.

Back
Top Bottom