P90X Discussion

^ yeah sort of what I was thinking, I think its good for balance, stretching - but I just dont feel the same like after a chest & back or plyo workout..might actually put the legs and back workout on thursday instead.

I think I got the nutrition guides on my other comp... Im willing to exchange for plyo and ab ripper
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i'm 5'8 170 lbs .. exactly how many calories should i be eating? i've been eating a lot of protein with maybe 1 serving of carbs .. is that bad? i think i barely broke 1200 calories today.

You can figure it out here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ .
It should tell you how much calories is needed to stay in the same weight even if you do nothing the whole day.
So eating less than the number of calories you get should make you lose weight.
Consuming 500 less calories a day equals a lost of 1 lb a week, so 3500 less calories a week should equal -1 lb.

I'm 6'4, 225, and it says my BMR is 2290. If I'm doing P90X and consuming about 2200 calories a day, is that enough calories? I'm trying to cutweight, I don't really care about bulking up at all.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i'm 5'8 170 lbs .. exactly how many calories should i be eating? i've been eating a lot of protein with maybe 1 serving of carbs .. is that bad? i think i barely broke 1200 calories today.

You can figure it out here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ .
It should tell you how much calories is needed to stay in the same weight even if you do nothing the whole day.
So eating less than the number of calories you get should make you lose weight.
Consuming 500 less calories a day equals a lost of 1 lb a week, so 3500 less calories a week should equal -1 lb.

I'm 6'4, 225, and it says my BMR is 2290. If I'm doing P90X and consuming about 2200 calories a day, is that enough calories? I'm trying to cut weight, I don't really care about bulking up at all.

In this link: http://www.bmi-calculator...arris-benedict-equation/ . youmultiply your BMI to a certain number pertaining to how active you are. If you are moderately active, multiply the 2290 to 1.55, which equals 3549. Meaning youneed 3549 calories to maintain your current weight. Read up on the following link for further explanation: http://www.bmi-calculator...ntake-to-lose-weight.php.

Hope that helps.

what's the difference using resistance bands and dumbbells?

can't believe it.. dropped 4 pounds in 4 days already.. absolutely insane. probably has to be the diet though

I think the bands require less stability.. I dunno, DB require more balance and discipline for form.

I feel you to about the weight, although I havent dropped any, i've noticed already how much an impact the detox diet has done!

Hmm. I think I'ma finally call it quits and go back to regularly working out. I mean, P90x works and all but it's not magic. It's just a differentkind of workout. It slims down I want to bulk up. It was a good stepping stone but now I think it's time to just hit the gym back up and go hard. MY boywas telling me how all the trainers at club sport were flaming p90x calling it the senior citizen workout and just totally bashing it. Kind of un motivated me.I feel like I could do it with a proper diet and hard work at the gym. so Ya, I may post 1 more vid n be out....

Originally Posted by I3

I think the bands require less stability.. I dunno, DB require more balance and discipline for form.

I feel you to about the weight, although I havent dropped any, i've noticed already how much an impact the detox diet has done!
laugh.gif

truth. i used to feel sluggish and grumpy even after getting a full 8 hours of sleep.. and now i always have energy. feel like i'm 12 again.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Hmm. I think I'ma finally call it quits and go back to regularly working out. I mean, P90x works and all but it's not magic. It's just a different kind of workout. It slims down I want to bulk up. It was a good stepping stone but now I think it's time to just hit the gym back up and go hard. MY boy was telling me how all the trainers at club sport were flaming p90x calling it the senior citizen workout and just totally bashing it.Kind of un motivated me. I feel like I could do it with a proper diet and hard work at the gym. so Ya, I may post 1 more vid n be out....

so people who's livelihood is based on the premise that people need help exercising are bashing a exercise program that completely eliminates them. Right.Don't ever take their opinion on a home based guide. They're inherently biased. Can't blame them but hell its just stupid to ask them. I actuallylike this program. Will start in the fall. Just not enough time right now and my diet will not be right at home (i'm the only meat eater in my house, oftenleads to conflict...). This program is just hard work. That's how you get results. You have to work hard. P90X is just a "commercial gimmick"that actually is not a gimmick, IMO.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Hmm. I think I'ma finally call it quits and go back to regularly working out. I mean, P90x works and all but it's not magic. It's just a different kind of workout. It slims down I want to bulk up. It was a good stepping stone but now I think it's time to just hit the gym back up and go hard. MY boy was telling me how all the trainers at club sport were flaming p90x calling it the senior citizen workout and just totally bashing it. Kind of un motivated me. I feel like I could do it with a proper diet and hard work at the gym. so Ya, I may post 1 more vid n be out....
Praise - Don't give up, you've just hitten a bump on the road - don't listen to them - I was reading through your posts before whichinspired me, no %$%$, but it looks as if you've works paying of, and its only been what? 4 weeks?

You've gotten your first part of criticism? I can tell you ive been at the gym for around 2 years and its been awhile since ive sweated this much and feltthis good about working out in awhile.

I really don't see the point of quitting the program, especially when you're eating healthy, feeling better about yourself and actually seeing results.

Good luck in whatever program you decide to jump on though..

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I really don't see the point of quitting the program, especially when you're eating healthy, feeling better about yourself and actually seeing results.

Agreed. Praise man, you're already 1/3 done. Finish it and then move on to something else. You need variety in training anyway. This just gives you threemonths away from the norm.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Agreed. Praise man, you're already 1/3 done. Finish it and then move on to something else. You need variety in training anyway. This just gives you three months away from the norm.

if he's trying to bulk up why would he stick with it?

There is plenty of time to bulk up after you finish P90x. Losing fat and gaining muscle is very much being accomplished in this program and it will only helpwith bulking subsequent to finishing. Besides, he's 4-5 weeks into it, so why throw away the money and hard work already put in?

In all honesty I don't really give a @$*!. I'm just saying....Doesn't make much sense. Do you.

^ did you do yoga x?

I have a question, should I skip kenpo x because of basketball? I have it on Mon, Fri (x2), Sat (x2) and Sun.. Doing Kenpo X on a Saturday will *$%$ me over..but I know the cardio will do wonders - its just a matter of being able to bring, anything less is a waste.

MY boy was telling me how all the trainers at club sport were flaming p90x calling it the senior citizen workout and just totally bashing it.
there's a reason why.... it takes money from their pocket.

you don't think they would trade their trainer spot at your local gym for Tony Horton's anyday?....

1st Monday back home and the diet and workouts are going well. Tried running this morning, but my knees just felt awful. I've just decided to go back tothe "classic" rather than the "doubles" in the meantime and restarted Phase III.

Praise The X I - I hope you don't give it up. If your seeing steady improvements, who cares what other people think about it.

I'm a week in, and I just started my second week. Yoga has been my toughest workout. I never thought it would be that hard. But I LOVE IT!!!

If anybody needs any of the of the vids or manuals PM me.

Starting from the first day today. Got back from the grocery store and I'm going to stick with it.

And Praise the X I, don't give up on it.

good luck my man. first week is a killer, but you'll feel a lot better after the start of the 2nd week.

i loveeee yoga, i always have so much energy after.

^ I cant sit through Yoga.. it like bores me, did it for maybe 10mins and turned it off..

Back
Top Bottom