P90X Discussion

Legs and back was proper today... I'm gonna get my stamina up behore I start ab ripper x... That hurts my legs more than my core... Im gonna do marine Corp ab routines in the meantime...... Mañana kempo and Sunday plyo... I slept after work on Tuesday and I can't be jumping up and down at 4 inda morning...,

yoga x
smh.gif

Been on a roll... Knocked out plyo yesterday after work, then knocked out S & A this morning.... Prolly do ab ripper x this afternoon.... Yoga is my enemy... But I'll try it again tomorrow... 90 mins for what???

I'm gonna just do it .... The same moves for the fisrt 1/2 hr is really not a way to keep the interest gong....

Just finished day 3 (gonna finish ab ripper in a few).

I'm not too fond of Plyo due to the high impact on my knees
mad.gif
But I got through it.

Got Yoga tomorrow, been meaning to get into this to improve my flexibility and heard it just does overall wonders.

Been following a strict diet as well, 87 more days
laugh.gif

With plyo, just do the modified movements so that there isn't much pressure on your knees.
I know there isn't an alternative to some of the exercises like the RockStar Hops but you can go slower than their pace.

I want to give their nutrition plan a try, anybody have a pdf copy I can look through?
I know phase 1 is cutting the carbs and most protein, while phase 2 introduces more carbs to the diet as the workout intensifies.
But I just wanted to read up on what suggestions they have on the nutrition plan.

so i decided to give in a order this.

mainly because ive become completely bored with my regular routines, so im really hoping to spice things up.

pretty excited to use this, especially the plyo. Really hoping it will improve my explosiveness

Originally Posted by RFX45

With plyo, just do the modified movements so that there isn't much pressure on your knees.
I know there isn't an alternative to some of the exercises like the RockStar Hops but you can go slower than their pace.

I want to give their nutrition plan a try, anybody have a pdf copy I can look through?
I know phase 1 is cutting the carbs and most protein, while phase 2 introduces more carbs to the diet as the workout intensifies.
But I just wanted to read up on what suggestions they have on the nutrition plan.
During Phase 1 all levels are only allowed to eat 1 serving of carbs per day.

During the second phase: level 1= 2 servings of carbs while levels 2 and 3= 3 servings of carbs

For phase 3, level 1=3 servings, level 2=4 servings, and level 3=5 servings

Each level is  based on your height and weight if I remember correctly. So level 1 are smaller builds while level 3 are for bigger builds, etc.

here a list of  the carbs and how much is a serving:

Pancakes (3.6 oz)_l                                                  
Pasta or noodles_1 cup
Pita, whole wheat_1 Large
Potato (2" x 4-3/4")_j
Quinoa_1 cup
Refried beans, low-fat_l cup
Rice, brown or wild_t cup
Sweet potato_1 medium
Tortillas, corn_3
To rti I I a, who I e w h e at_l Large
Waffles, whole wheat_2
Wheat berries_1 cup

1 medium_Bagelw, hole wheat
1 cup_Baked beans
1 cup_Beans (kidney, black, etc.)
1_Bran muffin (2.5 oz)
2 sLices Bread (whole wheat, rye, or pumpernickel)
1 cup_Cerea I, whole g ra i n
1 cup-Couscous
12_Crackers
2 whoLe_E n g I i s h m uffi n s
i cup_Hummus
I cup_Lentils
1 cup_Oatmeal

How many different weights do you need for this?

And do you need the pull up bar and resistance bands, or just one of them?

Looking to try this out soon

I have chronic plantar fasciitis and flat feet so I'm worried about starting the plyo.

Has anyone tried it with the same condition?

Are the plyos an integral part of the workout?  So like, can that day be substituted with something else?

I do plyo bare foot... It helps me.... I did x stretch today... That was cool... Starting week 4 ... I can't wait for next week...

Diet is key to results... 17 pds in 1 month... Down to 203 as of Friday...

I'm gonna start the p90x workout tomorrow.  I was wondering if I should follow the nutrition plan or try to make my own?  I'm trying to gain weight while going through the workout and it seems like the nutrition plan is more-or-less about getting tone/slim...

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Wish me luck NT, I'm starting Shaun T's Insanity today...
embarassed.gif
good luck
keep us updated

I started week 3 of phase 1 of p90x today and can now struggle to do 4 wide grip pullups
pimp.gif

I could not even complete one of those 2 weeks ago
smh.gif

I started it yesterday and woke up this morning so sore.
it's kinda ridiculous I've had a couple trainers because of basketball when I played. and I've never once been this sore

Week 4 recovery...

I did core syn this morning.... That ain't no joke .... I dragged out of bed but I felt good about 10 mins after warmups...

I'm gonna coast thru this week and ki k it up a notch next week....

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Wish me luck NT, I'm starting Shaun T's Insanity today...
embarassed.gif
good luck
keep us updated

I started week 3 of phase 1 of p90x today and can now struggle to do 4 wide grip pullups
pimp.gif

I could not even complete one of those 2 weeks ago
smh.gif
Good work.  Those wide grip pulls are no joke

I have more problems with corn cob pull ups.
laugh.gif
Those are crazy difficult.

I can't get myself to do the XStretch so I end up doing Cardio or Kenpo Cardio X (from P90X+) or go 30-40 minutes on the stationary bike just because I feel like I do not sweat enough.

I downloaded the Yoga program for P90..is it good? I only started to watch it..havent gave it a run through yet...

I just burned the DVD's from my homey, but he lost the nutrition part of the program.

Does anybody have it and is willing to share?

Also, if i do the workouts, do i need to do the nutrional part too? I'm just trying to get my stomach even with my chest...
smile.gif

My wedding is in July- I need quick results!~!

For best and faster results, follow the diet. If you already have a good diet, then continue and just do the workouts.
It's all about calorie deficiency though so I would suggest knowing your BMR.
I like using this website for calculating an approximate amount of calories I burn everday and that should help determine how much I eat a day.
http://www.bmi-calculator...arris-benedict-equation/
3500 calories equals 1 pound so if I eat 500 less calories a day, I should lose 1 pound a week.

Just read through the site I posted and it should give a good idea on how to manage your diet.

Back
Top Bottom