P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Today I started using p90x but im only doing apartial p90x. Since ive had my surgery on my foot i really couldnt do anything that put weight on my foot. But now it's a lot better and im more mobile. Im only going to be doing the Upper Body parts of the workout. Shoulders/Arms Chest.Back and Ab Ripper X. I havent gotten clearance to nor can i do any running at all. So im going to stick with my eating right, and these 3 workouts.Ive even cut down on the calorie intake by eating more fruit daily.

Here's my question. Today was shoulders/arms. Should I rest tomorrow and do chest/back and ab ripper x thurs or should i do it tomorrow?? I dont want to overwork my body. I could just do ab ripper x tomorrow only too?? A little advice is greatly appreciated. I gotta find a way to get some kind of cardio in though. Im thinking stationary bike but the doc havent cleared me to do that either.
SWIM! Use a float for between your legs if need be, just swim. It's the best cardio around, improves flexibility, blah, blah, blah...

My TV broke.
smh.gif
Thankfully I remember most of the routines...It worries me though, because now I think I'm taking longer breaks since I don't have thetimer or Tony annoying me to breathe.

Can watch them on a laptop or computer?

I find that watching the videos and following Tony's instruction really keeps me on schedule, I tried a couple of times while listening to music and Inoticed that I wasn't keeping up with the correct pace.

Tony can be pretty annoying at times but I think the videos are pretty helpful (for me at least).

I just finished my third week, have the recovery week coming up.

I feel a lot better and I can definitely see a difference in my appearance. The only problem is my diet has been pretty bad, i'm still eating way too much.

Right now the diet is the only thing holding me back from getting a six pack.

Originally Posted by RFX45

With this program, after doing some lifting one day, the next is usually cardio like Kenpo or Plyo.
Since you can't do either, I would suggest maybe Yoga X (if possible) or X-Stretch instead of doing another lifting workout the next day.
You can actually do part of Kenpo X, just skip the kicking part. Not much jumping is involved in it like the Plyo.
Ok I will look into the yoga. I heard know its long as hell tho LOL
laugh.gif
but i gotta stay on top of this especially that im half mobilized.

Believe it or not but watching the exercises gives good motivation.
Without it, I'd be too lazy to complete the sets and do the workouts properly.
Without it, I could imagine myself giving up halfway through too.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Today I started using p90x but im only doing apartial p90x. Since ive had my surgery on my foot i really couldnt do anything that put weight on my foot. But now it's a lot better and im more mobile. Im only going to be doing the Upper Body parts of the workout. Shoulders/Arms Chest.Back and Ab Ripper X. I havent gotten clearance to nor can i do any running at all. So im going to stick with my eating right, and these 3 workouts.Ive even cut down on the calorie intake by eating more fruit daily.

Here's my question. Today was shoulders/arms. Should I rest tomorrow and do chest/back and ab ripper x thurs or should i do it tomorrow?? I dont want to overwork my body. I could just do ab ripper x tomorrow only too?? A little advice is greatly appreciated. I gotta find a way to get some kind of cardio in though. Im thinking stationary bike but the doc havent cleared me to do that either.
SWIM! Use a float for between your legs if need be, just swim. It's the best cardio around, improves flexibility, blah, blah, blah...
I want to do swimming but when i asked the doc said no. Im going to give him a call and see if i can go now that my scar is healed and closed andthe swelling has gone pretty much.

Sooooo.. Maybe some of you guys remember about a month or so ago that I said I was starting with the P90 so I could then move on to the p90x.

Well its been a month and a week and I've lost 25 lbs. 25LBS in a month and a week!!! I did that by following the diet and working out whenever I wassupposed to. Its not what I was going for because I wasnt exactly over weight or anything. But now I feel hella skinny and its just not a good look.

So, I need to bulk up now. What do I do? Do I start the P90x? Take weight gainers? Protein powder???

any help is appreciated.

I was 6'1 215 when I started... now Im 6'1 189-90

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Sooooo.. Maybe some of you guys remember about a month or so ago that I said I was starting with the P90 so I could then move on to the p90x.

Well its been a month and a week and I've lost 25 lbs. 25LBS in a month and a week!!! I did that by following the diet and working out whenever I was supposed to. Its not what I was going for because I wasnt exactly over weight or anything. But now I feel hella skinny and its just not a good look.

So, I need to bulk up now. What do I do? Do I start the P90x? Take weight gainers? Protein powder???

any help is appreciated.

You're not gonna bulk up from doing this program. It's more to get definition and tone your muscle rather than build size. If you wannabulk, you gotta either get heavy weights (which are gonna be expensive) or get a gym membership and start going to the gym and do low rep / high weightexercises and eat like a mofo after (healthy stuff of course). Look at my post on the previous page; that program is designed to let me still use thecardiovascular components of P90X but still be able to gain muscle.

Here I quoted it for you

Originally Posted by Crook

Figured I'd post what I've been doing...finished phase 1 (classic) following it verbatim with the schedule included and started phase 2 today, but after doing some research and talking to some experts, I'm switching it up quite drastically to suit my personal goals and needs. Essentially, I'm gonna start going to the gym again on Mon/Wed/Fri and do low rep / high weight lifting for upper body muscles since I want to add bulk there while also getting generally cut. Here it is:

MONDAY:
chest:
flat bench press 3 x 8-12
decline bench press (with dumbbells) 3 x 8-12
incline dumbbell press / flyes 3 x 8-12

biceps:
standing barbell / ez-bar curl 3 x 8-12
chin ups 2 x 8-12
standing hammer curls 2 x 8-12
Preacher Curls 3 x 8-12
ab ripper x
cardio x

TUESDAY:
plyometrics

WEDNESDAY:
back:
Pull ups 3 x 8-12
Dumbbell Rows 3 x 8-12
Dead lifts 3 x 8-12

triceps:
tricep cable pulldown 3 x 8-12
dumbbell behind your neck extension 3 x 8-12
close grip bench press 2 x 8-12
weighted dips 2 x 8-12
ab ripper x
cardio x (afternoon/evening)

THURS:
yoga

FRIDAY:
shoulders:
Side raises 3 x 8-12
Barbell upright row 3 x 8-12
Seated dumbbell military press 3 x 8-12
Legs (according to the workout in legs/back day of P90X)
ab ripper x
cardio x (afternoon/evening)

SATURDAY:
core synergetics

DIET:
Not following the P90X diet, but have been eating SUPER healthy and have incoroporated a moderately low carb, high protein diet.
Cut out ALL junk food (chips, pop, chocolate bars, etc.)
only whole wheat bread
cottage cheese
regular oatmeal (no sugar)
only skim milk
lean chicken breast with very minimal seasoning
steak
no more rice (maybe brown rice here and there occasionally)
lots of fruits and vegetables (especially apples, bananas, carrots, celery, and mandarins)
LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER
etc.

I'll post pics either at the end of phase 2 or phase 3.

What sort of dumbells did you fellas buy? Im going to the fitness store to pick up a set with a few add-ons, im thinking of starting at 20lbs - 35lbs.

Here I quoted it for you

Figured I'd post what I've been doing...finished phase 1 (classic) following it verbatim with the schedule included and started phase 2 today, but after doing some research and talking to some experts, I'm switching it up quite drastically to suit my personal goals and needs. Essentially, I'm gonna start going to the gym again on Mon/Wed/Fri and do low rep / high weight lifting for upper body muscles since I want to add bulk there while also getting generally cut. Here it is: I'll post pics either at the end of phase 2 or phase 3.

I know you've talked to some people, but IMO isnt 8-12 reps still too many for a "low-rep, high-weight" scheme? I would rather do a 5X5 programwith those exercises or maybe 3x5 with extra emphasis on exploding up. That's where you build strength from. 8-12 I feel is more of a combo of trying todefine and trying to build strength. Since you are already doing P90x, the "definition" part seems to be taken care of. I wonder if anybody else hasany opinions?

Well its been a month and a week and I've lost 25 lbs. 25LBS in a month and a week!!! I did that by following the diet and working out whenever I was supposed to. Its not what I was going for because I wasnt exactly over weight or anything. But now I feel hella skinny and its just not a good look.

any help is appreciated.

You're not gonna bulk up from doing this program. It's more to get definition and tone your muscle rather than build size. If you wanna bulk, you gotta either get heavy weights (which are gonna be expensive) or get a gym membership and start going to the gym and do low rep / high weight exercises and eat like a mofo after (healthy stuff of course). Look at my post on the previous page; that program is designed to let me still use the cardiovascular components of P90X but still be able to gain muscle.
Yea I basically only started doing this because I wanted to lose my gut.. Well it worked... but now im like 2 inches thinner everywhere.. arms,thighs, etc..

I need to bulk up now and get cut without getting a belly again.
laugh.gif

Does anyone follow the diet?

Read throughh the nutrition guide and it looks daunting.. how does everyone deal with this?

Originally Posted by I3

Does anyone follow the diet?

Read throughh the nutrition guide and it looks daunting.. how does everyone deal with this?

Use it as a blueprint not literally.

^^^^ Just make sure you eat enough on days you want to double up on your workouts. I did the cardio in the am and p90 at PM for about a month. It helped I madesure I had enough caloric intake to supplement my workouts.

I don't know much about p90, but quick question run before the ab workouts or after?
And which grapes should i buy green or purple?
embarassed.gif
...seriously

^ Run after. And I don't think the color matters. Green fruit makes me crap more, so if you're trying to lose weight then go green.
laugh.gif

the worst part for people who start doing this(including myself) is Stretching/Yoga and Abs. i could do most of the lifting with relative ease being in prettygood shape before starting.
i just wanted stonger core so i did more of that. It is rough starting out espcially in the morning after if you do this later in the day not in the morning. Iactually got maybe a inch or two taller after the 90 days from the stretching. I in corporate the Abs/Yoga/Stretching in my workout now and i feel alot betterthan before. so if you want to feel better in general then mos def do P90X

i know this has probably been asked but how much space do you need to do the plyo? thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

the worst part for people who start doing this(including myself) is Stretching/Yoga and Abs. i could do most of the lifting with relative ease being in pretty good shape before starting.
i just wanted stonger core so i did more of that. It is rough starting out espcially in the morning after if you do this later in the day not in the morning. I actually got maybe a inch or two taller after the 90 days from the stretching. I in corporate the Abs/Yoga/Stretching in my workout now and i feel alot better than before. so if you want to feel better in general then mos def do P90X

pics?

About to start..

Just one thing, should I leave the gym for 12 weeks? I plan to go their maybe 2x a week mainly for legs (squats, lunges etc..) on non-plyo days.

How's everyone and their progress.

I was doing great till phase two. I didn't stick to the diet plan but I couldnt definitely tell a build up in overall stamina and core strength.

I'm on vacation right now. I'm thinking about doing two weeks of training to get primed and then get back to phase 2.

The best I can hope for is running in this humid weather or just play intense basketball.

See you around fam...

Just finished first day first week..

Chest and Back was a %+%%#!+ @+*%%.. i had to use the chair on the pull ups.. it was a @+*%%

any help is appreciated.

You're not gonna bulk up from doing this program. It's more to get definition and tone your muscle rather than build size. If you wanna bulk, you gotta either get heavy weights (which are gonna be expensive) or get a gym membership and start going to the gym and do low rep / high weight exercises and eat like a mofo after (healthy stuff of course). Look at my post on the previous page; that program is designed to let me still use the cardiovascular components of P90X but still be able to gain muscle.
Yea I basically only started doing this because I wanted to lose my gut.. Well it worked... but now im like 2 inches thinner everywhere.. arms, thighs, etc..

I need to bulk up now and get cut without getting a belly again.
laugh.gif
Yo I'm at the same spot physically you were in when you started and you just inspired me to get this %#%# started tomorrow
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom