Painted brake Calipers FTW

I was thinking of painting my calipers and adding logo anti-rattle clips, what does NT think?

OEM_B7_S4_Caliper_Clip_Installed_Comparison.jpg

OEM_B7_S4_Caliper_Clip_painted_Caliper_w_Wheel.JPG

... or leave them stock? By the way, my car is black.

IMO those S4 things look silly.

The kits that you get usually come with high temp paint so it shouldn't come off too easily. They'll still get mucky obviously - but anything will andyou'll just have to clean them once in a while.

Painting calipers is pretty common actually. Its not a hard process at all. The prep work you do determines how long the paint will last before it starts tochip and peel. When you take off the wheel to paint, try to SAND the caliper as much as you can. If you can try to remove the caliper all together so you cansand and paint very well, you will get an even more complete job. Multiple layers and make sure it dries properly. If you dont want to sand the calipers, makesure its clean and do multiple layers, it will chip after a few months.

There's nothing wrong with painting calipers and whoever says there is doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Granted, if you'reusing a Brembo stencil on a caliper that is otherwise I can see where disagreement rises.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i would powder coat em. regular spray like most people use just gets dirty and looks like ##$$ in a few months. especially in a place with weather like NY.

or just get brembo calipers
pimp.gif
/thread

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Painting calipers is pretty common actually. Its not a hard process at all. The prep work you do determines how long the paint will last before it starts to chip and peel. When you take off the wheel to paint, try to SAND the caliper as much as you can. If you can try to remove the caliper all together so you can sand and paint very well, you will get an even more complete job. Multiple layers and make sure it dries properly. If you dont want to sand the calipers, make sure its clean and do multiple layers, it will chip after a few months.

yea i seen a couple videos on youtube, i might just take the whole caliper and break pads off..give it a good sanding and cleaning prob leave it to dry overnight..if everything go well weather wise i post some pics of the finish project..next is the exhaust system hopefully i have enough money saved up b4 thesummer starts..been doing some research i like the borla or the hks exhaust notes and performance specs..any tips on the exhaust from any fellow NT racers

There's nothing wrong with painting calipers and whoever says there is doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Granted, if you're using a Brembo stencil on a caliper that is otherwise I can see where disagreement rises.
yeah i don't see anything wrong with painting the calipers. the oxidized metal look on most OEM calipers is ugly so painting them is cool. butstenciling on brembo logos on non brembo calipers? that's WAY different in my opinion...

anyway...my "painted" calipers...
wink.gif

2295363516_d69efdcc5b_o.jpg

Originally Posted by jae oh en

yeah i don't see anything wrong with painting the calipers. the oxidized metal look on most OEM calipers is ugly so painting them is cool. but stenciling on brembo logos on non brembo calipers? that's WAY different in my opinion...

anyway...my "painted" calipers...
wink.gif

2295363516_d69efdcc5b_o.jpg

NICE.....SUPRA ?
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

167361d444bc52a99bf87abfbdca94d673b51d86.pjpg
its realy easy to do , realy gives your ride that more race car look . mine came stock in red . but i painted my friends camaros calipers with a kit you can get a kragen for like 20$ that comes with a caliper cleaner , the paint and brushes . it realy holds up well . he has had it on his car for a few years now and they still look good . just clean them eveytime you clean your rims and your good !!!

that looks awful. if you're going to get black rims at least put some black magic to keep the tires shiny. and for damn sure don't let a photo like this hit the internet.
HI HATER !!!!

just trying to help

call it what you want that car looks terrible like that, I would never in a million years do anything like that to that car. I rather have a cheaper car thatlooks nice than throw all that money away on that abortion.

I want to paint my calipers but I wanted to know how you get writing on them? I'm not trying to write brembo on them guys so don't start flaming me.

i love all my haters !!! thanks guys !!! and just to let you guys know thats the daily( the vette ) , race car only comes out on the weekends ( calipers arepainted red too , you just cant see them )
78a26d044e5609e175bb5d96f8db70c8d1877733.pjpg
d1a3663b480f506e9bb37569b8e690d2f68450be.pjpg
182260f4af5779d1790b199e202b0bdff4af01c1.pjpg

I love red, yellow, and turquoise calipers.

Originally Posted by Marvelous M4RK

NICE.....SUPRA ?
smokin.gif

Lex IS, I believe.

i love all my haters !!! thanks guys !!! and just to let you guys know thats the daily( the vette ) , race car only comes out on the weekends ( calipers are painted red too , you just cant see them )

lol

Lol what is that some kind of mental coping technique?

Kid you give yourself too much credit. I don't hate you I just think your rims are whack...and your seats for that matter you made it look like a ricer

Back
Top Bottom