Palm gets back into the game with touchscreen Pre, WebOS

i have a treo right now and i love it. it's really easy to use. my contract just ended though so i got a touch pro. if the pre was coming out this month iwould have waited

palm OS >>>>>>>>>>> winmobile

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

lol@all the hate. i havent actually used the phone so I cannot really rate it, but based on those videos this phone is gonna be smashing every gadget thatdrops in 09. Oh boy!

Palm phone is slick. I just got rid of my Sprint 755p to get an iphone and although NTrs beast over the iphone, theres obvious flaws that I complain about allthe time. You take for granted these things > battery life and MMS - when they're gone it makes a world of difference. Iphone does have its perksthough - online Poker during work ftw!

I want to take a serious look at this phone.

It got rave reviews so Palm might be onto something with the Pre.... only thing is that keyboard is going to be an absolute pain. The success of the phone willbe based on how its marketed... it needs a huge push like the Storm & Iphone to be a viable contender. OS will also be a determining factor, im notfamiliar with Palm phones so i don't know if the OS is as stable as Blackberry or disastorous as Windows Mobile. I read that their working with Opera oncreating the browser..

laugh.gif
@ saying Palm is a biter, they created the demand in thesmartphone/PDA market... how you biting if your one of the originators.

I know...I just like to point out the obvious sometimes...

from all accounts the phone looks like a home run.. I might have to finally upgrade my treo.

why are people hating on palm? palm is
pimp.gif
even way back in the day. i was using a zire and a tungsten when i was in highschool (even if i didnt really needit).

using a treo 700 (or 750 im not even sure) now
pimp.gif

Touchscreen + Full QWERTY = Me Very Interested. This drops right around the time my contract ends with Verizon.
How is sprints PHONE service now-a-days? I dropped them years ago, and Verizon is just top notch IMO

If the iPhone had a QWERTY, I would have been first in line. Touchscreen typing SUCKS DEEP IMO
Didn't Palm really start all this though? You iPhone lovers think the world begin when your phone dropped.
It is possible for a phone to just be better than yours. LOL Especially a newer one...

why is everyone saying the iphone doesnt have a QWERTY? it does
smh.gif
its just touch screen.
and its actually a really good keyboard if you take the time to actually get used to it.

if you can type on a qwerty, then you should have no problem foing from buttons to touch screen, or touch to buttons. i have no problems using both.

im glad sprint came out with this because i guess im the only person who hates his touch pro. my question is why do people hate on sprint? i had at&tbefore the touch with the iphone, but besides the phone it self i think sprint is a better value.

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

im glad sprint came out with this because i guess im the only person who hates his touch pro. my question is why do people hate on sprint? i had at&t before the touch with the iphone, but besides the phone it self i think sprint is a better value.

nah you aren't the only one

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

im glad sprint came out with this because i guess im the only person who hates his touch pro. my question is why do people hate on sprint? i had at&t before the touch with the iphone, but besides the phone it self i think sprint is a better value.
sero ftw

and nights starting at 7pm ftw

i stuck with sprint cuz i got my new line for $15/month: unlimted text/data 500 min. if only the pre was out now tho i would have def. copped

It is too late to dethrone the iphone. There appstore is honestly unmatchable. This phone will though be a solid phone just like all the other phones that haverecently come back but I find it hard to believe anyone matching the success of the iphone.

Any of you techheads that cn answer this for me, I'd appreciate it.

Will the Pre be able to transfer all information from previous Palm models (like my T|X)?

Like I mentioned earlier, the only PDAs I've owned have been Palm (m-series --> Handspring [Palm powered] --> Tungsten T5 --> T|X), and sincethey;ve all ran Palm OS, I could keep the info on my computer, and when I bought a new one, the information wasn't lost. A simple sync operation would putall my old info onto he new Palm device.

I'm thinking and hoping the same should hold true for the Pre; all of my contacts should transfer over, all my calendar events, Tasks, Memos, etc.

Wouldn't you think?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Any of you techheads that cn answer this for me, I'd appreciate it.

Will the Pre be able to transfer all information from previous Palm models (like my T|X)?

Like I mentioned earlier, the only PDAs I've owned have been Palm (m-series --> Handspring [Palm powered] --> Tungsten T5 --> T|X), and since they;ve all ran Palm OS, I could keep the info on my computer, and when I bought a new one, the information wasn't lost. A simple sync operation would put all my old info onto he new Palm device.

I'm thinking and hoping the same should hold true for the Pre; all of my contacts should transfer over, all my calendar events, Tasks, Memos, etc.

Wouldn't you think?

i would hope they have legacy support. my entire life is on my 700p.

*edit*
i just read that palm OS apps won't be supported by the new webOS, but i can't find a definitive answer on whether data will be ableto be synced seamlessly

eek.gif
will be copped. ive been waiting for palm to release somethin like this for a long time. i contemplated getting a newer phone but im glad i held out, the755p is still a solid phone amidst all the new stuff. palm's just get the job done, so im looking forward to this one.

looks like we have a winner, hopefully my $150 credit can cover most of it
pimp.gif

I have the 755 now and had the past PALM phones .... With this Pre I would have to wait to see it . Im not a fan of that sliding junk . I dont like the look ofthat key board .... hopefully that well change .

Back
Top Bottom