Papa John's Blames NFL Protests for losing sales

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...on-in-hours-blames-nfl-protests/#42ea85347ffb

"The net worth of John Schnatter, founder and CEO of pizza chain Papa John’s, fell $70 million in less than 24 hours after the company released its third-quarter financial report on Tuesday afternoon. The business beat estimates on earnings and revenue, but it lowered guidance on same-store sales for the coming period."

"Schnatter blames part of the downturn on the National Football League, which has faced turbulence amid widespread national anthem protests in the past year. “The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle,” he said on a conference call on Wednesday. Papa John's is the league's official pizza sponsor."

I've never eaten them because even before I stopped watching football years ago, his annoying commercials with Peyton Manning would make a game impossible to watch due to how often they ran. Also, isn't Papa John known for being a little @#$@$ towards his employees too?

Those garlic parm wings for 50% off are crack tho.

Last edited:
Don't even remember the last time I saw a Pa Pa Johns in Mississippi. Everybody I know usually picks Little Ceasar and/or Dominoes.

"The net worth of John Schnatter, founder and CEO of pizza chain Papa John’s, fell $70 million in less than 24 hours after the company released its third-quarter financial report on Tuesday afternoon. The business beat estimates on earnings and revenue, but it lowered guidance on same-store sales for the coming period."

"Schnatter blames part of the downturn on the National Football League, which has faced turbulence amid widespread national anthem protests in the past year.
“The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle,” he said on a conference call on Wednesday. Papa John's is the league's official pizza sponsor."

After a statement like that ...

Ol boys house

papa-john-schnatter-house.jpg

**** is dog food anyway. Would rather eat a $5 Little Caesars pizza.

That's just hustling backwards :rofl: :rofl: eat Cici's while you're at it

As far as the OP though, maybe Papa John's is losing sales cause they ration all the toppings on their pizza. If I ask for a meatlovers, load the **** up with meat, don't careful place 3 pepperoni and 2 sausages on every slice of pizza. It's meat LOVERS, not meat sort of.

This company is just looking for a termination clause to end their miscalculated contract. This happens when sponsors drop athletes, celebrities, etc...

Sarah Spain also pointed out he could be pulling a Chic fil a.

Remember whenn Chic fil a came out against gays and their sales shot up?

His sales about to be at an all time high.

Apps like Grubhub are to blame. Why stick with gross pizza when you can select 100 different restaurants offering their own ethnic version of gross? No need to stick with pizza joints.

Back
Top Bottom