parents arrested and charged for spanking their kid and uploading to facebook

'Talk it out'? Who the heck said that?

If you raise a child in an environment of respect, responsibility, discipline AND freedom, the odds of them running up on you is the same odds as someone gaining 25 pounds in a week where they consumed zero processed foods, exercised every day, and frequently drank water.

Honestly, the attitude "Man, you can't predict how they'll be, so just beat 'em" is exactly the kind of irresponsible parenting I'm talking about.

But I decided to learn better than that violent example.

ALL of this.

There are techniques that supplement discipline, but after a while (I think it may go for many people as well as myself) you tire yourself out after repeating rules/instructions over and over and over and over and over.

at that point, it would be time to reexamine the situation and change some things up.

aka putting in that Time. And. Effort.

Honestly, the attitude "Man, you can't predict how they'll be, so just beat 'em" is exactly the kind of irresponsible parenting I'm talking about.

Like I said to Peppers, and like I say to the parents of the kids I work w/: open your mind and get educated before you start deciding you know all there is to this parenting thing. Research and studies are out there; dive in. Effective, non-violent parents are EVERYWHERE; pay attention.

I don't think that's what he's trying to convey. Neither am I.
I'm saying there will be times when you just may have to lay hands on your kid. If you've come across cases of children obeying a rule/command the FIRST/SECOND or even THIRD time around...enlighten us.

You chose to discipline your child a certain way because your parents behaved irresponsibly. I think there are effective violent parents out there :lol:

at that point, it would be time to reexamine the situation and change some things up.

aka putting in that Time. And. Effort.

You got 'em for 18 years..maybe even longer than that. Talking is fine and dandy if it is effective. I don't see anything wrong with incorporating a spanking every now and again.

Also, people respond to pain differently. I think one should adjust how they discipline their kid if need-be as well.
Some of you talking as though a few strikes on the butt is going to permanently damage the child.

Last edited:
To me hitting your child as a teenager (closed-fist) just shows you're either:
1. A violent parent, or
2. Have power/control issues

You basically telling them that fighting when you're upset about something, or someone wrongs you, is okay. You can get through to your kid more by taking their cell phone than doing that.

[quote name="Pepper"][quote name="DarthSka"]
But, you're wrong, though. Thinking that hitting is necessary for discipline is an incorrect opinion, straight up.

And it's narrow-minded (and ignorant) to think that hitting is a necessary component to effective parenting.
Disobedient? Guaranteed. Aggressive? Not guaranteed; that's taught. :wink:[/quote]
Still just YOUR opinion, man.[/quote] It's also my opinion that the world is round. :wink:

Challenge what you've been taught, man, and do your own research. This is as much about an opinion as it was opinion when people thought the world was flat.

It's also my opinion that the world is round. :wink:

Challenge what you've been taught, man, and do your own research. This is as much about an opinion as it was opinion when people thought the world was flat.

Condescension at its finest. Thanks for your "input".

Lol at getting tired of tell your kid what to do so you lay hands on him. The exact definition of a horrible parent.

If you're still spanking your teenage kid I can't do anything but laugh as well. Slap a diaper on that guy and just all the way with it

Lol at getting tired of tell your kid what to do so you lay hands on him. The exact definition of a horrible parent.

If you're still spanking your teenage kid I can't do anything but laugh as well. Slap a diaper on that guy and just all the way with it

It doesn't work for every household, but it damn sure worked in mine. Rest assured I didn't repeat the same mistakes after a spanking.

and spanking your child doesn't make them "horrible". My parents are far from that.
Because you decide to spank your child doesn't make you ruthless or a hot-head, either. Doesn't mean you have control/power issues. Doesn't make you a bully.

Last edited:
I'm glad they went to jail, filthy people. 
mean.gif

Like I said to Peppers, and like I say to the parents of the kids I work w/: open your mind and get educated before you start deciding you know all there is to this parenting thing. Research and studies are out there; dive in. Effective, non-violent parents are EVERYWHERE; pay attention.

I don't think that's what he's trying to convey. Neither am I.
I'm saying there will be times when you just may have to lay hands on your kid. If you've come across cases of children obeying a rule/command the FIRST/SECOND or even THIRD time around...enlighten us.

You chose to discipline your child a certain way because your parents behaved irresponsibly. I think there are effective violent parents out there :lol:

NO! Big time NO! At least in in America.

Parents now-a-days (in my POV) have learned from their dysfunctional parents. Thus repeating the same dysfunctional methods. To me, hitting children has a longer negative effective down the kids lives. Most of these violent kids in the streets are a product of violent type households. Think about it, Kids in the streets there first response to a situation is not to think it out and talk. It's more like fight and beat that person up until they understand. They learned that from home.

That's just me look deeper into a situation. When I was growing up I had one parent that would talk to me more than get physical and the other that didn't talk to me and was more physical. At my age now, I gravitate towards the one that would talk to me and try to understand.

NO! Big time NO! At least in in America.

Parents now-a-days (in my POV) have learned from their dysfunctional parents. Thus repeating the same dysfunctional methods. To me, hitting children has a longer negative effective down the kids lives. Most of these violent kids in the streets are a product of violent type households. Think about it, Kids in the streets there first response to a situation is not to think it out and talk. It's more like fight and beat that person up until they understand. They learned that from home.

That's just me look deeper into a situation. When I was growing up I had one parent that would talk to me more than get physical and the other that didn't talk to me and was more physical. At my age now, I gravitate towards the one that would talk to me and try to understand.

I need more studies on that. I think you're a bit biased (as I am) because you were severely beaten.

AND if that's the case, there are BILLIONS of "horrible" parents out there :rofl:

there are.

maybe not billions, but millions for sure.

Don't see the humor in that, there are and it shows everyday

You guys are missing my point. If you're spanking your child is the result of their re-occurring defiance...I do not believe that makes you a "horrible" parent. it doesn't make you an incompetent being who can't fathom another form of discipline. it is but a FORM of discipline.

And yes, I think it's hilarious because you're reaching here bro.

Im cool with them spanking the child a few times.. Kids need to learn.

What Im not cool with is multiple people talking **** to him. And his uncle (or whatever he is) cracking jokes.

Kids will remember words from one person, not multiple people like in this video.

And yes it is abuse because

1- The mother struck the child in the face. That is against the law because this dumb broad posted the evidence on FACEBOOK

2- Grandmother struck the child more than she should have. And said she will strike again if she wanted too. Again, I think it would of been ok with 3-5 spanks. But she looked like she tried to murder the child. NOT COOL..

3- The abusive talk.

If the defiance keeps occurring, why are you still using the same form of discipline when its clearly not effective? I wont call them a horrible parent, but they clearly have bad parenting skills.

[quote name="Pepper"][quote name="DarthSka"]
It's also my opinion that the world is round. :wink:

Challenge what you've been taught, man, and do your own research. This is as much about an opinion as it was opinion when people thought the world was flat.[/quote]Condescension at its finest. Thanks for your "input".[/quote]Damn right. You out here talking about kids are soft. Man up. :lol:

You want to tell me I'm in no position to be talking? Cool. I'm not going to get all butthurt and say "You're being condescending! :frown: "

You keep asking people all these questions, "What about this?", and "How about that?"

My turn.

Like I mentioned, I work with teenagers, teenagers of parents who have no control, and roughly 80% of these parents spank these kids.

It takes less than a day for these kids to be eating out of the palm of my hand.

Why is that? I think I know why, but you have so many answers and so much experience w/ teenagers and kids, I'm curious why you think it is.

One kid where I work (we'll call him Joe) consistently has the cleanest room on our entire campus. When his parents first met w/ me back in September and they saw his room, his mom started crying. Asked Joe "How come you can't do this at home?" I interjected, "He can. He just doesn't, and that's what I'll be talking w/ you guys about, how to change things at home."

Now, again, like you've said, I'm in no position to be talking about how people do things. So these kids who are consistently troublesome at home and are all kinds of disrespectful/delinquent, why is it that I can not only manage these kids, but get them to do things that their parents never thought possible? Chores, schoolwork, respecting others, and I do it all with my hands in my pockets. Why is that?

Clearly I'm in no position to talk about this, & I have no idea what I'm talking about or what I'm doing at work, so I'm thirsty for your knowledge.

Educate me. :D

How am I so... 'lucky'... w/ these kids? I'd like to know so I can continue being lucky as long as I'm there.

Of course I have an idea of what I'm doing effectively, but I'm in no position to talk about managing kids, or parenting, so help me out.

(miss me w/ whatever attempts you have at dodging the question, or trying to spin some "You're a meanie :frown: " kindergarten crap. You want to act like you know the subject? Talk.)

If the defiance keeps occurring, why are you still using the same form of discipline when its clearly not effective? I wont call them a horrible parent, but they clearly have bad parenting skills.

As long as you're not decimating the child's psyche, why NOT use spanking as a form of discipline? (in moderation, of course).
Can anyone tell me from experience that they were spanked as a child (not abused, spanked-beaten) and it was detrimental in to adulthood?

Some people choose to give their kids options/demerits or talk it out...and sometimes that isn't effective in disciplining the child. Does that mean that person has bad parenting skills?

Damn right. You out here talking about kids are soft. Man up. :lol:

You want to tell me I'm in no position to be talking? Cool. I'm not going to get all butthurt and say "You're being condescending! :frown: "

You keep asking people all these questions, "What about this?", and "How about that?"

My turn.

Like I mentioned, I work with teenagers, teenagers of parents who have no control, and roughly 80% of these parents spank these kids.

It takes less than a day for these kids to be eating out of the palm of my hand.

Why is that? I think I know why, but you have so many answers and so much experience w/ teenagers and kids, I'm curious why you think it is.

One kid where I work (we'll call him Joe) consistently has the cleanest room on our entire campus. When his parents first met w/ me back in September and they saw his room, his mom started crying. Asked Joe "How come you can't do this at home?" I interjected, "He can. He just doesn't, and that's what I'll be talking w/ you guys about, how to change things at home."

Now, again, like you've said, I'm in no position to be talking about how people do things. So these kids who are consistently troublesome at home and are all kinds of disrespectful/delinquent, why is it that I can not only manage these kids, but get them to do things that their parents never thought possible? Chores, schoolwork, respecting others, and I do it all with my hands in my pockets. Why is that?

Clearly I'm in no position to talk about this, & I have no idea what I'm talking about or what I'm doing at work, so I'm thirsty for your knowledge.

Educate me. :D

How am I so... 'lucky'... w/ these kids? I'd like to know so I can continue being lucky as long as I'm there.

Of course I have an idea of what I'm doing effectively, but I'm in no position to talk about managing kids, or parenting, so help me out.

(miss me w/ whatever attempts you have at dodging the question, or trying to spin some "You're a meanie :frown: " kindergarten crap. You want to act like you know the subject? Talk.)

tl;dr

Back
Top Bottom