::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

eek.gif
yo, i JUST woke up and this is the first i read
laugh.gif

this is great for the lakers! but whos gonna be the backup center. turiaf im assuming. hows chris mihm coming along? that starting lineup is gonna be insane.fish,kobe,l.o.,pau,bynum.

Grizzlies have the best front court in the league now BY FAR...

Kwame, Darko, and Jason Collins....wow

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I'm so trippin!!!

Kobe, Gasol, Fish, Odom,Bynum

Wow the potential!

Side-note Bucher saying Bynum may miss the rest of the season.

Bynum out for the year? Maybe thats why they really made this move.

Damn...the whole year?

wow, who in their right mind would take Kwame? (MJ?) Has to be a true believer or something

but
Will he be playing tonight?!?!
i wanna watch this game and the warriors too

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I'm so trippin!!!

Kobe, Gasol, Fish, Odom,Bynum

Wow the potential!

Bynum out for the year? Maybe thats why they really made this move.

Damn...the whole year?

frown.gif

That's what Bucher said just now. I hope not maybe thiswill help him ease his way back into the game instead of coming back having to be instant dominace.

Is this for real ? How can Memphis be so stupid ?

Kwame Brown,
sick.gif

indifferent.gif
at memphis for trying to tank and get more ping pong balls than Miami
smh.gif

What the hell.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

A great pickup for the Lake Show.

Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Kobe.

That's serious business right there.

Guess Memphis is gearing up to snag a top tier FA this summer, since they're going to get cap relief from Kwame's expiring deal.

There it is...it's FINALLY on ESPN.com
eek.gif

Welcome to LA, Pau
pimp.gif

I guess that means Bynum's coming back earlier than expected. It's a joke whenever Bucher make these type of comments
laugh.gif

Crazy! Haha, I didn't want to believe it but I guess its real after all:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Reports: Grizz to send Gasol to Lakers for Brown[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 1, 2008, 3:22 PM ET

Memphis Grizzlies center Pau Gasol may be joining the Los Angeles Lakers shortly, according to media reports in Los Angeles and Memphis.

The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal reported Friday on its Web site that the Grizzlies have dealt Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, rookie guard Javaris Crittenton and first-round draft picks in 2008 and 2010.

The Los Angeles Times, on its Web site, reported that the Lakers are in negotiations to send Brown, Crittendon and draft picks to Memphis for Gasol.

It is also believed that the Lakers would need to arrange a sign-and-trade for Aaron McKie, who is not currently playing in NBA, to make the salary cap math work for the deal.

According to the Commercial Appeal, the Grizzlies decided to move ahead with trading Gasol because the team felt it could not longer move ahead with him off or on the court -- and that the acquisition of Brown, who is earning $9,075,000 in the last year of his contract, would provide the franchise salary cap relief.

The Commercial Appeal also reported that the Grizzlies are sending Stromile Swift to the New Jersey Nets for center Jason Collins. The Grizzlies and Nets have been discussing that deal for the past week and expect to finalize it on Monday, according to the report.

Swift met with Grizzlies coach Marc Iavaroni and general manager Chris Wallace on Friday, was sent home and did not practice with the team and will not play in Saturday's game against Utah, the newspaper reported.

ESPN.com NBA writer Marc Stein contributed to this report.

Back
Top Bottom