Paula Deen to reveal she has type 2 diabetes Vol. Anthony Bourdain FTW!

sillyputty

Banned
129108251_244x183.jpg

Paula Deen promotes the new book "Paula's Southern Cooking Bible" on Oct. 12, 2011, in Ridgewood, N.J. 
(Credit: Getty)
(CBS) All of the high-calorie, butter-intensive, fatty foods Paula Deen has whipped up over the years may have finally caught up with her.
The 64-year-old chef is expected to announce not only that she has Type 2 diabetes, but also that she inked a multimillion-dollar deal to become the new face of a Novartis drug used to help treat the disease, reportsThe Daily.

Last spring, theNational Enquirerreported that Deen had been diagnosed with the diabetes often linked to obesity.

Now a source tells The Daily, "She's going to have to start cooking healthier recipes. She can't keep pushing mac and cheese and deep-fried Twinkies when she is hawking a diabetes drug."

Insiders say the Georgia native has started changing her cooking approach and will soon make healthier options available at her Savannah, Ga., restaurant, The Lady & Sons.

Her son, Bobby Deen, has already jumped on the healthier food bandwagon. Earlier this month, helaunched the series, "Not My Mama's Meals," on the Cooking Channel, where he creates less fatty versions of his mother's old-fashioned Southern recipes.

/a3.twimg.com/profile_background_images/228590670/bourdain_here_twitter_3a.jpg);">http://a3.twimg.com/profi...in_here_twitter_3a.jpg); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 14px; line-height: 23px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">

I once saw her fry chicken, then use melted butter as dipping sauce.That was one of the most evil things I've seen on television.

just watched no reservations on mtl couple days ago.

im not familiar with this chick, but i hate rachel rae her annoying voice.

"but also that she inked a multimillion-dollar deal to become the new face of a Novartis drug used to help treat the disease"

moneys gon money

id rather change my life style 360 degrees than take medication so i can keep eating %+%#

then again i never plan to be fat

Her recipes requires excessive amounts of sugar and butter. Makes me cringe just thinking about making anything from her.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

"but also that she inked a multimillion-dollar deal to become the new face of a Novartis drug used to help treat the disease"

moneys gon money

id rather change my life style 360 degrees than take medication so i can keep eating %+%#

You sure?
laugh.gif

Wow.. My mom loves her and just started cooking stuff from her website. Its all super good though.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I hate this broad with a passion. Bourdain FTW

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I once saw her fry chicken, then use melted butter as dipping sauce. That was one of the most evil things I've seen on television.

Man the sad thing is, how many people watched her show AND tried to emulate her.

I can't imagine how many lives she has indirectly worsened.

She can't honestly live that long, living how she was living. The damage is done and she is pretty old as it is.

Originally Posted by jdi23

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

moneys gon money

You sure?
laugh.gif

oh man i just pulled a jason kidd LMAO

I think bourdain himself is a yuppie but dude is funny as hell and I'll be dambed if I don't think no reservations and the layover aren't great shows. I think people think Ant as being an %!#*#$@ and too mean on his show but I think the opposite...If you've watched his shows enough you know he holds his punches sometimes in regard to food and to the people he meets...he makes this expression on his face like he wants to say something but he then realizes that he's in another country and needs these people for his program.

laugh.gif
that's what she gets.

bourdain is a boss, he's not irritable. he just calls the wack people out.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Breaking News:

Adam Richman from Man vs. Food has high cholesterol and high blood pressure!

Not sure if you were joking with this or not as I couldn't find info, but this is also TOO true.

I hate these shows where they just go around GORGING themselves at different restaurants.

What part of the game is that?

I mean seriously.

This is also why I don't feel bad about Bourdain calling her out.

Look at how she responded a few months back:

as if what shes doing ISNT hurting people. She doesn't even give a damn.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

She won.
Depends how you look at it. 
grin.gif

A check from big pharma? Yeah maybe
But an early death certificate? Well, she can have that if she wants.

Her own SON doesn't support her professionally. That says something. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

She won.
Depends how you look at it. 
grin.gif

A check from big pharma? Yeah maybe
But an early death certificate? Well, she can have that if she wants.

Her own SON doesn't support her professionally. That says something. 
Broad was born in 1947. Aint nothing early about her death. I mean she's been eating the way she wants for how long now? And she's either now revealing this or she just discovered she has it.

I aint trying to live old just to live old.

Back
Top Bottom