Paula Deen to reveal she has type 2 diabetes Vol. Anthony Bourdain FTW!

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

Originally Posted by Savannah Leigh

I'm really not surprised about Paula Deen, but what I don't understand is how anyone can praise Bourdain over Paula. I mean this is the same guy who smokes his lungs off, eats all that junk (I don't care if your traveling the world its still junk), and probably hasn't worked out a day in his life. And on top of all of that, this guy thinks he's the Messiah of food, dissing every chef from food network
laugh.gif
He's nothing but an egotistical hypocrite.  Ima need him to take a @%%%@# seat... all the way to the back. .

this. bourdain is hella wack and his show sucks. he smokes a pack and gets drunk in every episode. and he isnt even a real chef. at least ppl like guy, and adam richman are actual chefs that can cook when need be. idk how this bum even got a show.
Yes, Bourdain smokes and drinks but his show isn't a cooking show and he isn't actively encouraging people to smoke or drink. His show is about travel and foods from different cultures. Unlike Paula Deen, who has published five cookbooks promoting her unhealthy cooking methods and also a much watched cooking show on the Food Network. How can you guys not see the difference?
You guys not liking Bourdain the person is clouding your judgement. I can see him coming off elitist, I don't personally think he is, so I can see why some of you might not like him. But to compare him to Paula Deen? Absurd. And to say he's not actually a chef? He was an executive chef in a Manhattan restaurant at one point in his life before he pursued writing, and he's a great writer, which ultimately made him world renown.

What's the problem here?  
Is it pretty ridiculous that this lady has diabetes AND cooks like she does?  Sure.   

But how is she damaging people?  If you're old enough to cook her dishes, you should be old enough to know better.  If you have diabetes, are obese, have high blood pressure and know about it AND still eat the crap she promotes, YOU are the idiot.  And even if you're perfectly healthy, if you can cook her meals you should know better by now.  Even worse, if you know she has diabetes and still want to throw back her concoctions like its all good, well....I can't do nothin' for ya.  

Nobody is forcing anyone to prepare her meals and then eat them.  If people want to gamble with their health, I say let them....survival of the fittest.  When did people lose the ability to decide for themselves?  This lady is one of many, many famous cooks/chefs....it isn't like she's the only option to choose from.  No need to hate on her, IMO...clown the fools who actually eat her crap.  

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

What's the problem here?  
Is it pretty ridiculous that this lady has diabetes AND cooks like she does?  Sure.   

But how is she damaging people?  If you're old enough to cook her dishes, you should be old enough to know better.  If you have diabetes, are obese, have high blood pressure and know about it AND still eat the crap she promotes, YOU are the idiot.  And even if you're perfectly healthy, if you can cook her meals you should know better by now.  Even worse, if you know she has diabetes and still want to throw back her concoctions like its all good, well....I can't do nothin' for ya.  

Nobody is forcing anyone to prepare her meals and then eat them.  If people want to gamble with their health, I say let them....survival of the fittest.  When did people lose the ability to decide for themselves?  This lady is one of many, many famous cooks/chefs....it isn't like she's the only option to choose from.  No need to hate on her, IMO...clown the fools who actually eat her crap.  
As a public figurehead she promoted the very foods that could cause her to fall out and have a seizure...instantly.
If thats not unethical, I don't know what is. 

I am all for people doing what they want and following what they want, but honestly, to assert that Paula Deen did not lie to millions is ridiculous. 

She was one of the most popular chefs...and she knew this too. She did not want to hurt her brand. She hesitated going public until she could make money off of it with big Pharma. 

There are a lot of adult dummies out here, so lets not front like people don't follow the lead of others instead of thinking for themselves.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Cliffs for this video:

Cooks like garbage
Gets diabetes but keeps it secret
Comes out with news of diabetes when she has a drug to promote and can make money off of it.
Still doesn't promote changing to a healthier lifestyle.

The message this woman is pushing is one of the biggest problems in America.  Can't stand people like this and the people that actually try to defend them.

What's the problem here?  

As a public figurehead she promoted the very foods that could cause her to fall out and have a seizure...instantly.

I am all for people doing what they want and following what they want, but honestly, to assert that Paula Deen did not lie to millions is ridiculous. 

She was one of the most popular chefs...and she knew this too. She did not want to hurt her brand. She hesitated going public until she could make money off of it with big Pharma. 

There are a lot of adult dummies out here, so lets not front like people don't follow the lead of others instead of thinking for themselves.
As far as promoting the foods that could cause her to die.....so what?  Isn't that HER choice?  If she dies because of the crap she makes, then so be it.  Who are you or I to say that's wrong?  Is it utterly and ridiculously stupid?  Yup.  But unethical?  Enh.....I can't say that it is.   
As far as not going public earlier b/c it would've hurt her brand, I'd say that much is obvious.  That's the part that I have a problem with and THIS is what's unethical.  NOT her food or cooking show/books.  

And as far as the dummies out there....how is that her responsibility?  It isn't.  Like I said, she isn't the only option as far as cooking shows go.  People have free choice in the matter and if they blindly follow her cooking choices, the resulting consequences fall squarely on that individual's back, IMO.  Case in point?  There will STILL be people that make her recipes now that the news of her diabetes has went mainstream (the news leaked awhile back, but wasn't as widespread).      

I think it ends up being a slippery slope when we try to hold these people responsible for problems, or potential problems, that others face.  Where does it end?  Should we just rid the earth of all unhealthy things?  What if people choose to use these unhealthy things knowing that they're unhealthy?  Is that fair to them?     

What's the problem here?  

As far as promoting the foods that could cause her to die.....so what?  Isn't that HER choice?  If she dies because of the crap she makes, then so be it.  Who are you or I to say that's wrong?  Is it utterly and ridiculously stupid?  Yup.  But unethical?  Enh.....I can't say that it is.   
As far as not going public earlier b/c it would've hurt her brand, I'd say that much is obvious.  That's the part that I have a problem with and THIS is what's unethical.  NOT her food or cooking show/books.  

And as far as the dummies out there....how is that her responsibility?  It isn't.  Like I said, she isn't the only option as far as cooking shows go.  People have free choice in the matter and if they blindly follow her cooking choices, the resulting consequences fall squarely on that individual's back, IMO.  Case in point?  There will STILL be people that make her recipes now that the news of her diabetes has went mainstream (the news leaked awhile back, but wasn't as widespread).      

I think it ends up being a slippery slope when we try to hold these people responsible for problems, or potential problems, that others face.  Where does it end?  Should we just rid the earth of all unhealthy things?  What if people choose to use these unhealthy things knowing that they're unhealthy?  Is that fair to them?     
On this accord then we shouldn't trust doctor's opinions because we don't like their attitudes. 
I mean don't elevate people to these statuses and then negate their perspectives and accessibility relative to their status. 

I won't say her cooking is unethical, because thats what she wants to eat, but her portrayal and promotion of those very items IS unethical. I'm not trying to stop her from shopping at the Bodega vs Whole Foods... 

I'd just rather her accept and express the fact that she's in no position to assume this sort of flag waving. 

Granted, this is my personal opinion of her and the concept of ethics tends to be rather subjective at its core. Additionally, I have always agreed with you that people have their own ability to believe and do what they want... However, I will say that I think shes a fat, disgusting excuse for a human being and I will initiate any attempt to discredit her when possible. So, there. 
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Who cares, eat what you want. If you wanna be unhealthy then be unhealthy. And i love ignorance, for the record a diabetic can eat an entire chocolate cake by themselves and be completely fine. Learn a little before talking.

Anyone catch this. Dude ethered him.

i watch food network regularly. everytime i catch her show, i cant watch the ##*@ she cooks without gaggin
sick.gif

im not suprised at all that she has diabetes.

[h1][/h1][h1]More health revelations from Paula Deen?[/h1]
1:32 pm January 24, 2012, by Jennifer Brett

paula-deen.jpg

AP photo

Paula Deen’s health is back in the news. The blogosphere, anyway.

The Dailywhich seems to have a source with access to Deen’s medical records, as it was the first outlet to report Deen’s diabetic diagnosis, suggests a second health revelation is in the ether.

Deen was taping a segment with Dr. Mehmet Oz the other day when he asked, â€œYou have another secret, don’t you? You have high blood pressure.â€

Back
Top Bottom