Paying for a car in cash. How much % discount should I expect?

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

dealers HATE cash. they dont want to give you a discount. thats not how they make money. they make money off financing. APR rates. when i worked at a dealership and people said "well i have cash now, can i get a discount?" i would immediately say no. they dont want cash, so dont even mention it until the end of the deal.

cash is only king in private sales.
thats not true at all...you will usually get a lower price if you say youre paying in cash. and it private sales it doesnt even matter if its cash or loan because regardless the private seller gets paid in full.
well it was true at the bmw/mini dealership i worked at. you been to a dealership in 2009? the economy is crap, cars arent worth poop, and NO ONE is making money. the only way to do it is to sell cars for 19,999, make the buyer thing they are getting a car for "under 20k" and not tell them about thet 8.9% finance rate over 72 months on their "zero down", and tax and license fees.

and dont forget about their trade that they are upside down 5 to 7 grand on..

trust me, ive been there, ive seen it, and it aint pretty.
I get what you sayin...but 8.9% is just rape and for 72 months at that. Some idiots just don't learn and they wonder why they broke.

I think I'll just finance then. But isn't it hard to get approved in today's economic climate? I want to put down half right away, then financethe rest over a year. Does that sound good to you guys?

Its best to know your fico score, if your score isn't that great you're going to have a hard time getting approved, but since you have such a largedown payment I'm sure you can work something out.

You might wanna check your scores I use my fico and it emails me anytime there is a change to my score.

You're not getting a discount for paying cash, dealers make more money through financing. The guy that sold me my car told me that straight up. Don'tlet him know you're paying cash until the very end

I've never dealt with used cars. But I've bought 3 cars that were fully paid off the day of transaction...2004 Accord V6 (~$25,000), 2005 Evolution 8(~$35,000) , 2007 335i (~$45,000), and I just email the internet managers from different dealerships to get the best deal possible. I quote the lowest priceand see if other places can beat it. I then ask other members that own the particular car on a board to see if it's good enough to pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by wj4

I've never dealt with used cars. But my mom bought 3 cars that were fully paid off the day of transaction...2004 Accord V6 (~$25,000), 2005 Evolution 8 (~$35,000) , 2007 335i (~$45,000),
fixed
laugh.gif
.just kidding wj4.

You get no discount for paying cash at a dealer.They get paid regardless and they stand to make more through financing. Finance managers get a piece of the piewhen they sell loans. Do like wj4 posted and email internet managers and they can get you a better deal than just going in.You can also do "bill ofsale" and get a loan through your credit union (usually cheaper on USED than dealers).

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Don't let them know your paying cash upfront. Tell them your not gonna put ANYTHING down and just go off the numbers based on the finance of your credit score. Than after you see the payments THAN tell them your gonna be putting [insert money here] down or paying full in cash and they'll def give you a better deal. You gotta play hardball with these kats and you must always be in control of the situation.

/thread

Get ready to prove where all that cash came from because they probably gonna make you fill out some forms.

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Don't let them know your paying cash upfront. Tell them your not gonna put ANYTHING down and just go off the numbers based on the finance of your credit score. Than after you see the payments THAN tell them your gonna be putting [insert money here] down or paying full in cash and they'll def give you a better deal. You gotta play hardball with these kats and you must always be in control of the situation.

QFT.

Back
Top Bottom