People around UC Irvine Campus. helicopters wth?

There has been a helicopter or some sort of aircraft circling around the campus area for the past half an hour. what the heck is going on?

You still on campus?
We had an evacuation 2 hours ago.....
indifferent.gif

RIP

j/k

Damn seriously? Irvine almost never has homicides.

I think the craziest story I heard when I was there was from a friend who was a C.S.O. Some girl committed suicide off the top one of the stairwells in theSocial Ecology section kind of the way to the SSPS parking structure. A jogger found her body early in the morning, and there was a suicide note andeverything.

When I lived in University Park, there was a shooting over at Park West that I remember hearing about, but the dude was from Long Beach.

Anyway, I'm both happy and sad to be gone from Irvine. It is such not a bike friendly town.

A long time ago, the intersection of Cornell and Berkeley used to be a 2-way stop. Traffic headed to and from the campus on Berkeley had no stop sign. Traffic crossing Cornell between Colombia Court and Berkeley Court apartments had a stop sign. There were so many accidents there that they they made it a4-way stop. I made a right turn from Berkeley onto Cornell through the stop sign on my bicycle and got a ticket for running the stop sign. I think there wasso much of a traffic holdup that they finally replaced the 4-way stop with traffic lights. So irritating. I still remember the officer's name, OfficerVeach.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by eaalto

Did my reply disappear?

no.
Something was screwy, I knew that I had replied, had viewed the thread with the response, and when I checked back later, it wasn't there. Anyway, what year are you guys at UCI?

wow. i just drove through uci at 6:30... half an hour before the shooting. my friends live in the same complex as the shooting.

r.i.p. to the victim

irvine is always one of the safest cities in america, but i remember a few crazy incidents. a family revenge murder, crazy guy with a katana in a grocerystore, homicide right by the apt where i was tutoring, that suicide that eaalto mentioned...

eaalto, was the cop asian? one of the asian uci cops is notoriously ticket happy

According to a preliminary investigation, a shooting occurred in Verano Place housing at UC Irvine on Sunday, September 13 at approximately 7:15 p.m., as the result of a domestic dispute. The victim was taken to an area hospital and the lone suspect was apprehended at the scene and is in police custody.

...what my dude got in his uci email account

Originally Posted by verynecessary

wow. i just drove through uci at 6:30... half an hour before the shooting. my friends live in the same complex as the shooting.

r.i.p. to the victim

irvine is always one of the safest cities in america, but i remember a few crazy incidents. a family revenge murder, crazy guy with a katana in a grocery store, homicide right by the apt where i was tutoring, that suicide that eaalto mentioned...

eaalto, was the cop asian? one of the asian uci cops is notoriously ticket happy
I know the asian cop, he was one of the guys that gave me my field sobriety test. This Veach dude looked Hispanic. I remember the guy with thekatana, it was at the Alberstons on Culver and Irvine Blvd (outskirts of Irvine). I was at work in Tustin and everyone was talking about it.

I only ever got ticketed twice in Irvine, but I was pulled over so many times.

Pulled over for breaking traction coming out of Mesa Court, the cop tried to accuse me of fleeing from a fight that had just taken place there.
Pulled over for a burnt out tail light on my way to Albertsons.
Pulled over for a burnt out tail light on my way back from Albertsons (20 minutes apart).
Pulled over for having a burnt out license plate light.
Pulled over for my trailer hitch obstructing the view of my license plate.
Pulled over again for my trailer hitch obstructing the view of my license plate (I asked the cop right when he walked up if it was the reason).
Pulled over for going to fast in parking lot 1-B trying to get air off the incline ramp. Field sobriety test conducted (sober).
Pulled over for loud exhaust.
Pulled over for running a stop sign on my bicycle. (Ticketed).
Pulled over for crossing a double yellow (Ticketed).
Pulled over for driving with a case of water on the roof of my truck (moving from Colombia Court to Berkeley Court - right across the street, ran out of roominside).
I ran out of gas driving down Culver to Denny's, right before Alton. Some random guy picked me up and took me to the gas station, and when I got back, Igot a long lecture from the Asian cop about paying attention to the fuel gauge. "Didn't your parents teach you to keep it above a quartergallon?" "It's against the law to run out of gas, it creates an unsafe driving condition."

Beyond that, we probably got about 5 loud party violations when I lived over in University Park. I applied for a job at Irvine PD in the summer of 2007,passed my panel interview, and was disqualified during the background investigation.

As much as I got pulled over, and as frustrating as it was, being an Irvine cop seemed way more of a safe bet than up in L.A. (got disqualified from theretoo).

What?! At least it wasn't a random act of violence, but I am still saddened by the situation. RIP

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by verynecessary

r.i.p. to the victim

irvine is always one of the safest cities in america, but i remember a few crazy incidents. a family revenge murder, crazy guy with a katana in a grocery store, homicide right by the apt where i was tutoring, that suicide that eaalto mentioned...

I know the asian cop, he was one of the guys that gave me my field sobriety test. This Veach dude looked Hispanic. I remember the guy with the katana, it was at the Alberstons on Culver and Irvine Blvd (outskirts of Irvine). I was at work in Tustin and everyone was talking about it.

I only ever got ticketed twice in Irvine, but I was pulled over so many times.

Pulled over for breaking traction coming out of Mesa Court, the cop tried to accuse me of fleeing from a fight that had just taken place there.
Pulled over for a burnt out tail light on my way to Albertsons.
Pulled over for a burnt out tail light on my way back from Albertsons (20 minutes apart).
Pulled over for having a burnt out license plate light.
Pulled over for my trailer hitch obstructing the view of my license plate.
Pulled over again for my trailer hitch obstructing the view of my license plate (I asked the cop right when he walked up if it was the reason).
Pulled over for going to fast in parking lot 1-B trying to get air off the incline ramp. Field sobriety test conducted (sober).
Pulled over for loud exhaust.
Pulled over for running a stop sign on my bicycle. (Ticketed).
Pulled over for crossing a double yellow (Ticketed).
Pulled over for driving with a case of water on the roof of my truck (moving from Colombia Court to Berkeley Court - right across the street, ran out of room inside).
I ran out of gas driving down Culver to Denny's, right before Alton. Some random guy picked me up and took me to the gas station, and when I got back, I got a long lecture from the Asian cop about paying attention to the fuel gauge. "Didn't your parents teach you to keep it above a quarter gallon?" "It's against the law to run out of gas, it creates an unsafe driving condition."

Beyond that, we probably got about 5 loud party violations when I lived over in University Park. I applied for a job at Irvine PD in the summer of 2007, passed my panel interview, and was disqualified during the background investigation.

As much as I got pulled over, and as frustrating as it was, being an Irvine cop seemed way more of a safe bet than up in L.A. (got disqualified from there too).
yea man... been pulled over a few times, with one ticket
alien.gif

riding a bike on campus - warning. i was flying down by social sciences between classes haha
illegal left turn by john wayne - cop let me off, just gave me a heads up and said there's no way i coulda seen the sign with the angle on street and thesign being so high
merging into bike lane too soon - warning
driving without headlights near rite-aid right by my apt. - ticket
mad.gif
froma female cop. she thought i was partying cuz it was halloween, but really i just left the gas station and didn't realize my lights were still off until imade the left turn.

one time my friend and i were doing some work moving sound equipment into a lecture hall. my friend tried to turn off the alarm, but wasn't sure if he didit right. we had a large u-haul sized truck parked right up in front of humanities hall on a sunday morning carrying big speakers back and forth. i hadgloves and everything. then two guys walk up, one wearing a bright yellow rain poncho (it was sprinkling) aiming a gun at my feet. he says "show me yourhands" and i was confused cuz i didn't see any badges or anything so i put my arms down at my sides palms up
laugh.gif

i knew a guy applying for the police academy too... i'm not sure if it was irvine though

damn...that's crazy. i just graduated in june and i swear, there were only a few instances (that some have already mentioned) that made irvine a"dangerous" place. me and my roommates would always leave our front doors unlocked because of how safe the city was, this type of stuff is reallyshocking.

Andrew630, what year are you? Didn't know you went to uci. the only other warriors regular i know that's auci student is offbad.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

According to a preliminary investigation, a shooting occurred in Verano Place housing at UC Irvine on Sunday, September 13 at approximately 7:15 p.m., as the result of a domestic dispute. The victim was taken to an area hospital and the lone suspect was apprehended at the scene and is in police custody.

...what my dude got in his uci email account

Yeah thats what I got in my UCI email too. Guess it was Grad students, cause Verano Place is graduate housing. Crazy tho
smh.gif

I just checked to see why there are helicopters and this dude is giving a life history of events that happened to him instead

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I just checked to see why there are helicopters and this dude is giving a life history of events that happened to him instead
I was getting nostalgic about Irvine, sorry.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

damn...that's crazy. i just graduated in june and i swear, there were only a few instances (that some have already mentioned) that made irvine a "dangerous" place. me and my roommates would always leave our front doors unlocked because of how safe the city was, this type of stuff is really shocking.

Andrew630, what year are you? Didn't know you went to uci. the only other warriors regular i know that's a uci student is offbad.
i dont go to uci, my girlfriend goes to uci and i was picking her up and going with her back to the bay. she just happens to live a few minutesdrive away from the scene of the shooting. i actually go to UCD and im graduating early this fall

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Yo yall should hook me up with some UCI parties mayne
pimp.gif

It's tough to have crazy parties in Irvine. The cops usually roll them by midnight.

Back
Top Bottom