Pet peeves while at sporting events.

Why are the rows so god damn long? I know they trying to create profit and all, but I shouldn't have to ask 40 people to stand just to go to the bathroom.

People who wear jerseys that have nothing to do with the game. I was at the vikings game and duke in front of me was wearing an Iverson Jersey
indifferent.gif
another dudewas wearing a seahwaks
indifferent.gif
. I mean really? We wearing jerseys just to wear them

Parking, I swear to God I saw this lot charging 50 bones for parking. 50.

Post yours.

People telling me to sit down when im standing up front row at an Eagles game... although i only stand when exciting moments or big plays are coming up... notjust every single play

Ridiculous prices. Like $10 for a slice of pizza that wouldn't even satisfy an anorexic's appetite.

Annoying people who try to be funny so they will yell out stupid things the entire game.

People who try to switch seats when the stadium/arena is damn near sold out. This happened to me last year...I arrive with my boys 5 mins late, we see 4 peoplesitting in our seats...these bums decide to act as if they made an innocent mistake. When we called the ushers to come over, these morons decided to show theushers their tickets (proving that they're in the wrong seats) rather than just admitting they were wrong and moving to their designated seats. Wasted like5 mins. doing this and had people yelling for us to move out of the way
laugh.gif

Seems with each passing year fans are becoming more robotic, spontaniety in "cheering" is a thing of the past.

Prices for food/beverage is the worst I can think of at the moment.

I would like to know why someone honestly thinks $50 for parking isn't something to complain about. The hell are you from?
nerd.gif

EDIT: It's rare, but when a fan yells something extremely lame at an opposing player every time he touches the ball (usually basketball). For example, afew weeks ago at the Suns/Cavs game this idiot behind me would yell "Grant over the Hill!" every damn time Grant touched the ball...I snickered thefirst time and a good amount of dudes laughed, but this dude did it the entire 1st Q until 1/2 my section told him to shut the %@!* up already.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Seems with each passing year fans are becoming more robotic, spontaniety in "cheering" is a thing of the past.

smh.gif
cosign x 1 million. Seriously I am funna stand just cuz we are on defense? @+++ that give me a reason to cheer. I didn't pay money to put in work.

- The price of parking.
- The price of food/beverages.
- People who stand up for way too long.
- People who yell at the players from the other team with idiotic remarks.

Mets/ Yankee games:
The drunk, loud female fans behind you that go out of their way to prove they belong there to their guy friends.
Knick games:
The drunk, loud corporate guy behind you trying to prove to his date that he belongs there.

$80 parking? Where the +%%+ do they do that at? Let me guess. Cowboys games.
laugh.gif

Not willing to walk an extra 1/2 mile or mile/being too lazy to save money FTL.

-Food prices
-People wearing jerseys that have to reference to the game
-People who get mad at you when you stand up in big moments
-Fans that complain about everything their team does
-Obnoxious non funny people... I don't mind if someone is funny when they do it, but some people try to hard.
-$#$%**! ushers

Pet peeve sometimes, funny other times:

Listening to other people explain the game or blurt out facts/opinions.

One guy was talking about Brett Myers at a Phillies game once and we saying he knew him in HS, blah blah and he wasnt even close to being factually correct. It was just random.

Cheerleaders and mascots fronting on giving the free tshirts and chipotle to anyone over the age of 9 years old.
smh.gif

Seeing small children and corporate execs with floor seats not even paying attention to the game.

People who order bar type drinks at a game, dudes be walking extra careful back to their seats hoping they don't drop that tiny cup
laugh.gif

Fans who's sports knowledge is inaccurate (thinking players who are no longer on the roster are still there, doubting players skill)

Having to get up multiple times for you to get another beer.

Sitting behind someone really tall that feels compelled to stand for the entire game. Not making it to my seat in time to see the starting lineups.

How about the person you go with trying to carry on pointless conversation that may, or in most cases, may not have anything to do with the game and results inyou missing a play...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

smh.gif
cosign x 1 million. Seriously I am funna stand just cuz we are on defense? @+++ that give me a reason to cheer. I didn't pay money to put in work.
laugh.gif

It really depends on the venue. At VT games EVERYONE stands up the whole game, offense, defense, whatever. I'm not gonna do that at a Caps game or a Wizgame though.

My pet peeve would have to be drunk/ignorant fans booing and cussing loudly whenever a call goes against my team. It will be some O-lineman grabbing a fistfulof jersey plain as day, and the ref calls holding and everyone screams and boos and !$+!. It's like well what the hell did you expect? Your team is capableof committing a penalty.

At NBA games, I can't stand it when people verbally react for shots that happen CLEARLY after the play is dead.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Ridiculous prices.
All that needs to be said. Here is what a hockey game would look like for me if I'm going all out (not including the ticket):

-3 or 4 beers = $40
-hot dog or nachos = $10
-parking = $15

Now, it's:

-parking = FREE (have to walk at least 6-7 blocks)
laugh.gif

-bring in a flask of SoCo or whatever = $10
-bottomless soda = $7

I guess you just gotta make do. But there is no reason for any of these prices.

Back
Top Bottom