PHANTOM BIBLICAL PASSAGES?

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

its not arrogance. its truth.....a wise man once said never underestimate the power of human will....loosely phrased
and i dont think we are above them in that they are less important and not without purpose or their own lessons to teach us....my whole mini-essay is about living harmoniously with nature and people and above all our Creator (which by extension would flow to all other living being since they were created by YHWH)

humans vs sharks?......we need Deebo type cats that know how to tussle....maybe sharks was a bad example since they are mad fluid in the water and water is like outer space for us.....it slows us down....so in the shark battle we would defintely need spears or some sort of projectile dealy.......maybe lions would be a better example.....i aint afraid of no lion man....ive been near em and they dont strike fear in me.  i strike fear in them....i am also not gonna underestimate their power on a one on one level so i keep my space they keep theirs.....an army of deebos would find a way to beat the lions....defintely dogs and easily howler monkeys.  early!
You got it dude.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Every night that you go to sleep you experience death. You just return to your body to wake up. Death is when you leave the flesh for good and never return. If you don't remember your dreams, or think you don't dream at all, it could have something to day with your brain chemistry
At the of the day, only the dead truly know what it is like to be dead. I don't even understand how anyone can argue this.

During REM sleep you are actually far from dead (at least your body and brain is). There is a very high level of brain activity, your pulse rate and blood pressure increases, and you get an erection (nocturnal penile tumescence)
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Every night that you go to sleep you experience death. You just return to your body to wake up. Death is when you leave the flesh for good and never return. If you don't remember your dreams, or think you don't dream at all, it could have something to day with your brain chemistry
At the of the day, only the dead truly know what it is like to be dead. I don't even understand how anyone can argue this.

During REM sleep you are actually far from dead (at least your body and brain is). There is a very high level of brain activity, your pulse rate and blood pressure increases, and you get an erection (nocturnal penile tumescence)
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

here's how my conversation went with my catholic cousin yesterday

Her: People need religion because they can't no what good and bad is without religion.
Me: What about the people who existed before religion was created?
Her: Religion has existed since the creation of man.
Me:  Your religion says that Adam and Eve didn't know what good and bad was when they were created by your God.
Her: I'm not that religious.
Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

you're  right for stonefacing her and then i would have stonefaced you
heres what i wouldve said in her place...."clever thinking but incorrect IMO....to know what good and bad is, is to have knowledge of it no? they didnt need to eat the fruit to know good and evil, they already KNEW (knowledge) what to do (abstain from eating that particular fruit) and what not to do (eat of the fruit).  The tree (to me it seems), was a test of obedience.  When they ate of the fruit their eyes were open in that they felt shame and regret in eating it...disobeying the Great Almighty Original Creator. Chemical properties in the fruit didnt open their eyes (just as weed doesn't get you high, its the reaction of that substance with a balance ALREADY in your bodies that does).  To be aware, conscious, of their shame and regret (burden) was a negative experience unlike any other up until that point.  They felt negative energy a disharmony with their Heavenly Creator." or something along those lines 
laugh.gif

Anton, my friend, question time.....you say you're not a believer ok fine....

so you believe in no Higher Power?  You believe we just exist just to exist and then we die?

Look unto nature (if you do not wish to look unto religious texts) and you will find that nature preaches birth death and rebirth.  Seeds to tree to fruits to seeds to tree etc....

cycles.  But what happens when this very earth and universe is destroyed?  Do black holes not recycle this energy?  It would seem i am arguing for only birth and death and rebirth in this existence but i am not.  look again unto nature.  Do the animals not fear us?  The Bible teaches us the Lord placed us above the animals but not to abuse but to care for them and eat them at times etc.  You can say "oh not all animals ppl get attacked by sharks every day!"  true....but that's because of habitat invasion and possibly because of our current disconnect from nature.....but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.

In pulp fiction didnt jules winfield say to vincent vega, "personality goes along way"

personality defines us and ELEVATES us beyond the animal kingdom beyond even this physical existence....personality and free will to go beyond what nature would have us do.

These are all evidences, imo, that we can transcend the cyclical nature of this world and go off to exist once again with our Heavenly Creator....based on our will to do so and not fall into the temptations (ala serpent) to do contrary.

Your thoughts Anton?

I believe in nature, alternate universes, wormholes, aliens races, I believe our universe is limitless in its mysteries. I don't know what happens when we die, last time I checked I've never died
ohwell.gif
.  I'll be ok with just ceasing to exist and having my organic matter recycled to provide life for another creature-this is a form of rebirth if I'm not mistaken. I honestly fail to see what any of what you said has to do with God. None of this provides any ounce of evidence of "God" being a creator. IMO "God did it" is the lazy explanation to all of life's mysteries. In fact many religious people use the "awe of our universe and nature" as justification of a supreme being and creator, never once to they sit and think of how this so-called creator came to be. The mystery of genesis never applies to the creator, I wonder why that is
ohwell.gif
. Why doesn't anyone ever looked past God? Furthermore, we barely know what God is yet we insist on characterizing it/him/her. I believe what people call God could possibly be an alien and we're its little experiment. It is possible that in the large scope of the universe we are like mere viruses and completely insignificant. These are all as plausible as a man with a beard sitting in heaving sending floods to punish us.

Assuming God exists, which one created the universe. What happened to the Gods that preceded the one in your bible...truth be told I'll believe in the Gods of Ibo-land before I believe in the God in the bible which is considered paganism by many.

Animals have personalities, human beings need to stop thinking they're "special" on this earth. We share this earth with many other wonderful creatures who have just as much right to life and are majestic in their unique ways. Not all predators are "created equal"
grin.gif
,  and we weren't always the most dominant predator on this planet. In the water unless a human being is in a submarine with rockets I'm not better against the shark. Religion has a tendency to oversimplify the complexities of our existence....the world isn't 2000 years old or whatever the hell the bible says it is.
2ahvbkz.gif

great scott, this is why i !%*$ with anton.

i don't have the rock clapping .gif, but if i did.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

here's how my conversation went with my catholic cousin yesterday

Her: People need religion because they can't no what good and bad is without religion.
Me: What about the people who existed before religion was created?
Her: Religion has existed since the creation of man.
Me:  Your religion says that Adam and Eve didn't know what good and bad was when they were created by your God.
Her: I'm not that religious.
Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

you're  right for stonefacing her and then i would have stonefaced you
heres what i wouldve said in her place...."clever thinking but incorrect IMO....to know what good and bad is, is to have knowledge of it no? they didnt need to eat the fruit to know good and evil, they already KNEW (knowledge) what to do (abstain from eating that particular fruit) and what not to do (eat of the fruit).  The tree (to me it seems), was a test of obedience.  When they ate of the fruit their eyes were open in that they felt shame and regret in eating it...disobeying the Great Almighty Original Creator. Chemical properties in the fruit didnt open their eyes (just as weed doesn't get you high, its the reaction of that substance with a balance ALREADY in your bodies that does).  To be aware, conscious, of their shame and regret (burden) was a negative experience unlike any other up until that point.  They felt negative energy a disharmony with their Heavenly Creator." or something along those lines 
laugh.gif

Anton, my friend, question time.....you say you're not a believer ok fine....

so you believe in no Higher Power?  You believe we just exist just to exist and then we die?

Look unto nature (if you do not wish to look unto religious texts) and you will find that nature preaches birth death and rebirth.  Seeds to tree to fruits to seeds to tree etc....

cycles.  But what happens when this very earth and universe is destroyed?  Do black holes not recycle this energy?  It would seem i am arguing for only birth and death and rebirth in this existence but i am not.  look again unto nature.  Do the animals not fear us?  The Bible teaches us the Lord placed us above the animals but not to abuse but to care for them and eat them at times etc.  You can say "oh not all animals ppl get attacked by sharks every day!"  true....but that's because of habitat invasion and possibly because of our current disconnect from nature.....but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.

In pulp fiction didnt jules winfield say to vincent vega, "personality goes along way"

personality defines us and ELEVATES us beyond the animal kingdom beyond even this physical existence....personality and free will to go beyond what nature would have us do.

These are all evidences, imo, that we can transcend the cyclical nature of this world and go off to exist once again with our Heavenly Creator....based on our will to do so and not fall into the temptations (ala serpent) to do contrary.

Your thoughts Anton?

I believe in nature, alternate universes, wormholes, aliens races, I believe our universe is limitless in its mysteries. I don't know what happens when we die, last time I checked I've never died
ohwell.gif
.  I'll be ok with just ceasing to exist and having my organic matter recycled to provide life for another creature-this is a form of rebirth if I'm not mistaken. I honestly fail to see what any of what you said has to do with God. None of this provides any ounce of evidence of "God" being a creator. IMO "God did it" is the lazy explanation to all of life's mysteries. In fact many religious people use the "awe of our universe and nature" as justification of a supreme being and creator, never once to they sit and think of how this so-called creator came to be. The mystery of genesis never applies to the creator, I wonder why that is
ohwell.gif
. Why doesn't anyone ever looked past God? Furthermore, we barely know what God is yet we insist on characterizing it/him/her. I believe what people call God could possibly be an alien and we're its little experiment. It is possible that in the large scope of the universe we are like mere viruses and completely insignificant. These are all as plausible as a man with a beard sitting in heaving sending floods to punish us.

Assuming God exists, which one created the universe. What happened to the Gods that preceded the one in your bible...truth be told I'll believe in the Gods of Ibo-land before I believe in the God in the bible which is considered paganism by many.

Animals have personalities, human beings need to stop thinking they're "special" on this earth. We share this earth with many other wonderful creatures who have just as much right to life and are majestic in their unique ways. Not all predators are "created equal"
grin.gif
,  and we weren't always the most dominant predator on this planet. In the water unless a human being is in a submarine with rockets I'm not better against the shark. Religion has a tendency to oversimplify the complexities of our existence....the world isn't 2000 years old or whatever the hell the bible says it is.
2ahvbkz.gif

great scott, this is why i !%*$ with anton.

i don't have the rock clapping .gif, but if i did.

Another question, for those that believe in Heaven, please be real with me.

When we die, does the concept of boredom leave our souls because what would be fun drinking milk and honey while on our knees praising God all day? That can't be fun at all. Come on people. Folks only want to go to Heaven because they don't want to go to Hell.

When we die, does the concept of boredom leave our souls because what would be fun drinking milk and honey while on our knees praising God all day? That can't be fun at all. Come on people. Folks only want to go to Heaven because they don't want to go to Hell.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Antwan, what are your thoughts on people using the "God doesn't think it is my time" argument in the face of failure? Recently, LeBronze said he didn't win a ring because God didn't think it was the right time. What goes through someone's mind that honestly feels
A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

About a basketball game. So because he doesn't think it is LeBronze's time to win, he also (for whatever reason) didn't think it was time for ANYONE related to the Miami Heat Organization? Really?

There is a convenient answer to every question in the bible, doesn't necessarily have to be based on reality. Jason Terry was getting a little carried away with the God stuff during the finals. Why in the world is God concerning himself with athletes and musicians?

BVK.jpg

How selfish do you have to be to think God only answers your prayer. What makes Jason Terry more deserving than the people on the opposite team who may have prayed for a championship?

Antwan, what are your thoughts on people using the "God doesn't think it is my time" argument in the face of failure? Recently, LeBronze said he didn't win a ring because God didn't think it was the right time. What goes through someone's mind that honestly feels
A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

About a basketball game. So because he doesn't think it is LeBronze's time to win, he also (for whatever reason) didn't think it was time for ANYONE related to the Miami Heat Organization? Really?

There is a convenient answer to every question in the bible, doesn't necessarily have to be based on reality. Jason Terry was getting a little carried away with the God stuff during the finals. Why in the world is God concerning himself with athletes and musicians?

BVK.jpg

How selfish do you have to be to think God only answers your prayer. What makes Jason Terry more deserving than the people on the opposite team who may have prayed for a championship?

I just watched a documentary where they studied the brain activity of rem sleep vs. conscious brain. A person sleeping has the same brain activity of someone in a comma, or someone having a acid trip, a near death experience, or being dead and coming back to life. It's really a trick of the mind how it can override the centers of the brain to separate a person's awareness away from the dimension of time we perceive when we are conscious. Also the same activity of a schizophrenic person and someone who has a disorder where they experience time flying by like your driving 100 miles per hour, but your sitting still somewhere.

I just watched a documentary where they studied the brain activity of rem sleep vs. conscious brain. A person sleeping has the same brain activity of someone in a comma, or someone having a acid trip, a near death experience, or being dead and coming back to life. It's really a trick of the mind how it can override the centers of the brain to separate a person's awareness away from the dimension of time we perceive when we are conscious. Also the same activity of a schizophrenic person and someone who has a disorder where they experience time flying by like your driving 100 miles per hour, but your sitting still somewhere.

Some good debates in here.. As a Christian, I have no issues with someone posing questions to my faith, because in the end it only makes my faith stronger.    There are many things that I still dont know.. Will take years and years of studying, which I enjoy.  I enjoy learning about God, and the Bible. .  The reason why a lot of these debates go around in circles, is because for a Christan the Bible is to be our Standard, and if you are using that as an example of what someone should believe who does not believe in the bible, is where the debates faulter.  The Bible is alive and sharper than any two edged sword.   I have so many testimonies of the Word working in my life, and miracles happening in my life that it only reassures my faith in God and the Bible.  I think its healthy for anyone who believes or even those who does not, to engage in debates (assuming they remain civil) and learn what other ppl believe and why they believe it, because in those times can we really test our faith or lack thereof.

Some good debates in here.. As a Christian, I have no issues with someone posing questions to my faith, because in the end it only makes my faith stronger.    There are many things that I still dont know.. Will take years and years of studying, which I enjoy.  I enjoy learning about God, and the Bible. .  The reason why a lot of these debates go around in circles, is because for a Christan the Bible is to be our Standard, and if you are using that as an example of what someone should believe who does not believe in the bible, is where the debates faulter.  The Bible is alive and sharper than any two edged sword.   I have so many testimonies of the Word working in my life, and miracles happening in my life that it only reassures my faith in God and the Bible.  I think its healthy for anyone who believes or even those who does not, to engage in debates (assuming they remain civil) and learn what other ppl believe and why they believe it, because in those times can we really test our faith or lack thereof.

Keep running in circles about this foolishness. You never have anything new to say...what are you arguing? RELIGION IS NOT GOD.

You fall right into all their traps....thats why Africa is Hell on Earth..you *%%!%% don't get it....your too busy arguing about the bible passages.

If Jason Terry wants to thank god for his accomplishment what is the problem in that? I'm sure he donates more of his time/money to charity and the poor then you do
laugh.gif

And you call me salty? Your a sucker with a vendetta with god.
laugh.gif

Don't tell me my opinions don't matter when you believe everything the white man tells you but you don't believe in god OR YOUR OWN SOUL. You lose sir. 
Your a poster child for all the psyche-complexes of a black man...we all are in our own way...but the true colors are starting to show...what do you believe in? I demand better from you. Where is your heart? Theres real %%#! going ON with real importance to us man. Where is your conscious? Your ideology? Your nothing but a shadow of your true self chasing their goals. 

Keep running in circles about this foolishness. You never have anything new to say...what are you arguing? RELIGION IS NOT GOD.

You fall right into all their traps....thats why Africa is Hell on Earth..you *%%!%% don't get it....your too busy arguing about the bible passages.

If Jason Terry wants to thank god for his accomplishment what is the problem in that? I'm sure he donates more of his time/money to charity and the poor then you do
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Don't tell me my opinions don't matter when you believe everything the white man tells you but you don't believe in god OR YOUR OWN SOUL. You lose sir. 
Your a poster child for all the psyche-complexes of a black man...we all are in our own way...but the true colors are starting to show...what do you believe in? I demand better from you. Where is your heart? Theres real %%#! going ON with real importance to us man. Where is your conscious? Your ideology? Your nothing but a shadow of your true self chasing their goals. 

From my understanding, to enter heaven one must return in a new born body which is why all the religions speak about being reborn of the spiritual waters, or holy water. The description of the body in this state is being "full" of the holy spirit. The fullness is not like being full from a pizza and your gonna be hungry tomorrow. But you are full from the spiritual waters that sustain you and you desire nothing else outside of you anymore because the spiritual waters sustain you. 
The devil will lie to you and convince you that hell is some place deep down below, when you might already be living in what is categorized as hell. 

If God wants to punish you, sending you to hell is too easy, because you will just live your life accordingly to being in hell. If god really wanted to punish you, he would make it to where you cease to exist which is far worst the anything else according to the legacy if religions all across the world. Life/ existence is a gift from the creator.
From my perspective, the bible is a book about evolution. Not about keeping things the same, like some fanatics believe. 

That same logic the church uses to make people fear hell is the same thing interrogators do to lead suspects into false "confessions". It's just using someone's own fear against them. Fear is a response to a negative action. Not the reason you should do right. 

From my understanding, to enter heaven one must return in a new born body which is why all the religions speak about being reborn of the spiritual waters, or holy water. The description of the body in this state is being "full" of the holy spirit. The fullness is not like being full from a pizza and your gonna be hungry tomorrow. But you are full from the spiritual waters that sustain you and you desire nothing else outside of you anymore because the spiritual waters sustain you. 
The devil will lie to you and convince you that hell is some place deep down below, when you might already be living in what is categorized as hell. 

If God wants to punish you, sending you to hell is too easy, because you will just live your life accordingly to being in hell. If god really wanted to punish you, he would make it to where you cease to exist which is far worst the anything else according to the legacy if religions all across the world. Life/ existence is a gift from the creator.
From my perspective, the bible is a book about evolution. Not about keeping things the same, like some fanatics believe. 

That same logic the church uses to make people fear hell is the same thing interrogators do to lead suspects into false "confessions". It's just using someone's own fear against them. Fear is a response to a negative action. Not the reason you should do right. 

LOL... when I was a kid, I was like man... Heaven is going to be boring... But no way will Heaven to boring..  We will still have things to do, but no concept of time, no sin, no teams.  Eternal Paradise.  Glorified Bodies....  Plenty of ppl who died and came back to life, that have shared a glimpse of Heaven.  You should check some of them out..

LOL... when I was a kid, I was like man... Heaven is going to be boring... But no way will Heaven to boring..  We will still have things to do, but no concept of time, no sin, no teams.  Eternal Paradise.  Glorified Bodies....  Plenty of ppl who died and came back to life, that have shared a glimpse of Heaven.  You should check some of them out..

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

You fall right into all their traps....thats why Africa is Hell on Earth..you $*%$!! don't get it....your too busy arguing about the bible passages.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not so quick sir.... he's about to list his good deeds.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

You fall right into all their traps....thats why Africa is Hell on Earth..you $*%$!! don't get it....your too busy arguing about the bible passages.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not so quick sir.... he's about to list his good deeds.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

1. Check who out? Honestly, why and how can I trust that what they say is legit? Do you have any links/resources?

2. When you say, "we will still have things to do" things like what? How will we not be bored? So are you saying that boredom is no longer a feeling?

Originally Posted by Wr

The human brain is fascinating and very complex indeed

REM sleep is dubbed "paradoxical sleep" because it's actually the same brain activity (EEG pattern) as a someone that is awake.

Back
Top Bottom