[| -- Phil Jackson on PTI Today (ESPN) -- |]

Kornheiser: When Mitch Kupchak came to you and told you something like 'I can get you Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown', what did you say back to him?

Phil:
laugh.gif
No you can't.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kornheiser: When Mitch Kupchak came to you and told you something like 'I can get you Pau Gasol for Kwame brown', what did yu say back to him?

Phil:
laugh.gif
No you can't.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good interview, I was
laugh.gif
at the Gasol/Kwame thing too.

and I agree with Jackson's analysis of the Suns and the hack-a-Shaq

Kornheiser: When Mitch Kupchak came to you and told you something like 'I can get you Pau Gasol for Kwame brown', what did you say back to him?

Phil:
laugh.gif
No you can't.

I was dying when he said that
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For those that didn't see it...

It was interesting hearing him talk about how Kobe's 50-pt. games weren't getting the Lakers anywhere. He wasn't knocking Kobe at all, because hehad just talked about how frustrating it is for Kobe to make good plays for others that end up in airballs, turnovers, and brick after brick. He said that whenyou invest in something, you expect a return, and Kobe was getting no return from his teammates, so he started chucking. Phil was talking about how thatexplosions were nice, but they were indicative that some things need to change, immediately, because that won't get the team anywhere.

phil jackson is comedy. I wish he never left the bulls, but then again I know he couldn't put up with the disgraceful teams we had for a while.

For those that didn't see it...

It was interesting hearing him talk about how Kobe's 50-pt. games weren't getting the Lakers anywhere. He wasn't knocking Kobe at all, because he had just talked about how frustrating it is for Kobe to make good plays for others that end up in airballs, turnovers, and brick after brick. He said that when you invest in something, you expect a return, and Kobe was getting no return from his teammates, so he started chucking. Phil was talking about how that explosions were nice, but they were indicative that some things need to change, immediately, because that won't get the team anywhere.

Yeah I found this interesting too, and the fact Kobe admitted this season that formula wasn't going to work either.

i thought it was a good interview.

i too was laughing when phil said "no, you can't" in regards to the kwame for gasol trade
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yea his analyses were on point for what i heard. but then again you gotta have a pretty good grip of basketball knowledge to have 9 titles. im in no way alakers or bulls fan, but even i see that.

^ He was saying that he didn't like how S.A. resorted to Hack-A-Shaq against the Suns, because it ruins the game. He said something like "People haveasked me before 'Didn't you used to do that in Chicago? Didn't you used to foul Shaq to stop him from scoring?', and the answer is'Yes', but we always did it at the basket, when he had the ball. We always did it to prevent him from an easy dunk or layup, not when he was on theother side of the floor. We wouldn't foul away from the ball, and I didn't think Popovich would do that like he did."

lol at him finally telling all Laker fans... well not really telling laker fans.. but saying the Lakers are not a championship team.. even though i know thatsa media type answer. i sort of believe him..
unless they start playing real DEFENSE.. i dont see them as a championship caliber team..

other than that...
lets GO Get that championship!

I dunno

When I hear phil speak - Im basically in awe of the knowledge he has of the game.
It sounds corny - I know. But his demeanor is one that I respect greatly.

He seems the kind of guy that you know he knows basically everything but he won't say it until you ask him -
laugh.gif
in fact, like a zen master. As if gettingthe courage to ask him in a way, seems to be the first step to actually learning.

Def. seems like a chill guy

Kornheiser: When Mitch Kupchak came to you and told you something like 'I can get you Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown', what did you say back to him?

Phil:
laugh.gif
No you can't.
roll.gif

Just saw the vid posted by edd247. That part was pretty darn funny.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom