Phil Knight

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by sho3tym

I don't think Phil Knight owes me anything.

He took a stance on Paterno and you get riled up, but you question him for not making public comments based on robberies that haven take part due to his product. Can't make everyone happy.

He's entitled to his opinion and he can run his business as he sees fit.

It is on the consumer to decide whether or not they will purchase the product...
I'm not riled, I just find his stance to be incredibly hypocritical.
No mention of the victims, which would have been the classy move, because I am sure that some of them wear Nike as well, right?
Wasn't the time or place for that type of comment.  Remember this was a memorial service for Joe Paterno.

He commented on the inverstigation.

You're reading to much into it.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Do you think that people killing for Nikes know who Phil Knight is? 
If he stands up, they'll know who he is then, won't they?
I know how you feel about Nike...but please...answer your own question and try to be realistic about it. 
You're using this Paterno thing as a platform to push your argument...but if you really felt this strongly about it...how come you didn't make this post at any point before that funeral when the situation existed before that. Especially since the two situations have nothing to do with each other...hence me asking you how is this "hypocritical" in my first post.

You're usually reasonable with your Nike hate...but you're reaching in this specific instance. 

You don't know a damned thing, and you surely do not know me.
My position is about what's right, then what is wrong, not anti Nike. Perhaps if you address the topic instead of what you think my position or person is, you may come off as being as intelligent as you think you are being.

Paterno dropped the ball, Phil Knight picked it up, then turned him into the victim. 

Nike looks good in front of the audience.

What about tossing that ball to the victims of Sandusky, and those who have been harmed for wearing your product?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Look at this - people who refuse to hand over their iProducts getting killed!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...one-article-1.1012734?localLinksEnabled=false
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/son-remeber-titans-actor-shot-over-iphone/nFNxP/
http://gizmodo.com/5430937/fighting-over-an-ipod-left-two-men-dead

Better head to the Apple Store and start protesting.
Alright, we know that materialism has caused a violent response in many areas, but that does not take away the moral responsibility of the company heads, especially when they take public stance such as Phil Knight has done.
Joe Paterno was not a victim of anything but his own lack of action. His friend, former assistant, took advantage of kids right under his nose, then continued to do so. For Phil Knight to address this in this manner, with this result, really says something about his character, or lack thereof.

You're usually reasonable with your Nike hate... 

no actually he is not 
laugh.gif
 he has not nor will he ever be reasonable about his anti nike agenda. his hate for nike is very hypocritical and childish and he always goofs up in his arguments about it. if he were reasonable he wouldnt have been banned over 10 times for the same subject matter 
laugh.gif

This is like his fourth attempt in a month on pushing the "people get killed over nikes" agenda he has chose this time around. its always something.

from endorsed athletes to performance to cost to charities to racism to style to injuries and now to getting killed over shoes and phil knight not bringing up the molested children at joe paterno's funeral. hes always tried to find a reason to make nike look like bad people in hopes of people stop liking nike.

like its been stated before in the other threads people been getting killed over shoes since the 80's. in california dudes use to get killed for their chucks by gang bangers. Anything that is hot criminals will want to rob you for. It dont matter what brand... dudes use to get got for reebok pumps...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...one-article-1.1012734?localLinksEnabled=false
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/son-remeber-titans-actor-shot-over-iphone/nFNxP/

Alright, we know that materialism has caused a violent response in many areas, but that does not take away the moral responsibility of the company heads, especially when they take public stance such as Phil Knight has done.
Joe Paterno was not a victim of anything but his own lack of action. His friend, former assistant, took advantage of kids right under his nose, then continued to do so. For Phil Knight to address this in this manner, with this result, really says something about his character, or lack thereof.

He didn't say Paterno was a victim, he stated that he told higher-ups, which he did.  I don't agree with the manner in which Paterno handled the situation but he did what any mandated reporter is required to do.

Phil simply said there was evil in the investigation and it wasn't Paterno...

moral responsibility?!?!?!?!  what moral responsibility?

they are a purveyor of goods that the public can choose to buy or not buy.  what responsibility do they have to react to the hooliganism caused by a small minority of the population?  its not like they are alcohol or tobacco manufacturers.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

He didn't say Paterno was a victim, he stated that he told higher-ups, which he did.  I don't agree with the manner in which Paterno handled the situation but he did what any mandated reporter is required to do.

Phil simply said there was evil in the investigation and it wasn't Paterno...
Well Paterno is not just any mandated reporter, and this was his friend committing these acts. He allowed his friend to stick around, then continue committing those acts. Instead of confronting his friend, making him seek help, or having him turn himself in, he just acted as if all was well. 
These were kids being molested by his friend, and he knew it.

That said, Phil Knight used this platform to show his support at a Nike endorsed school.

Whoopee!

So if this thread is about moral responsibilities from companies why is it named Phil knight?

From car jackings to countless home invasions, getting stuck up for ipods, iphones, cell phones, hats, jackets, etc.

Why pinpoint NIKE only?

things that make u go hmmmmmmm... lol

Originally Posted by NobleKane

So if this thread is about moral responsibilities from companies why is it named Phil knight?

From car jackings to countless home invasions, getting stuck up for ipods, iphones, cell phones, hats, jackets, etc.

Why pinpoint NIKE only?

things that make u go hmmmmmmm... lol
Thats What I'm saying...

I hate when people blame NIKE, Michael Jordan himself and JB for these senseless acts of crime... The Sweatshop incidents?...Yeah, Blame the company...But Robberies and Killings? Blame society...

Phil Knight has never shown genuine regard for anything other than Nike, and then those associated with the swoosh.

How about cancer?

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/knights_to_give_record_100_mil.htm
Great gift, but that is nothing but propaganda. That is publicity for Nike, unlike actually standing up and saying the killing for Nike shoes is wrong.

You can't expect Phil to take responsibility for other people's actions. Nike make's the shoes but us the people are the ones that buy multiples and try to flip them for a profit. People set these ridiculous prices and really make it hard for the regular kid to buy a shoe they want. Some people take the L and stay optimistic for the next hot release or they take the initiative to rob someone who got the shoes they want. It's not as if Nike profit's by people reselling these shoes. They sell these sneakers at half price to major companies and mom and pop stores. That is the money they get along with the profit they make from a selling from their own nike stores and online website. A lot of this negative outcome is from jealousy and envy of others honestly for bragging rights. It's easy to blame someone you dont know because you wont see that person but everyone has to think what they do themselves and what kind of consequence will happen.

I understand what Longstroke is trying to say. Essentially Phil Knight spoke about the paterno issues, but he really hasnt "spoken up" about the violence and issues that go along with Nike's products. But its simple, he's probably doesnt really care. Which is how you have to do in business. This Paterno thing probably meant something to him, but I doubt he cares if some random kid gets killed over some concords.

If he stands up, they'll know who he is then, won't they?
I know how you feel about Nike...but please...answer your own question and try to be realistic about it. 
You're using this Paterno thing as a platform to push your argument...but if you really felt this strongly about it...how come you didn't make this post at any point before that funeral when the situation existed before that. Especially since the two situations have nothing to do with each other...hence me asking you how is this "hypocritical" in my first post.

You're usually reasonable with your Nike hate...but you're reaching in this specific instance. 

My position is about what's right, then what is wrong, not anti Nike. Perhaps if you address the topic instead of what you think my position or person is, you may come off as being as intelligent as you think you are being.

Paterno dropped the ball, Phil Knight picked it up, then turned him into the victim. 

What about tossing that ball to the victims of Sandusky, and those who have been harmed for wearing your product?
laugh.gif
 You're clearly in your feelings right now.

laugh.gif
 You're clearly in your feelings right now.
...and you are clearly immersed within a swoosh induced stupor.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

why are you on Niketalk?

Why are you alive? Is it because of Phil Knight and Nike?
Perhaps that question is a bit too deep....
laugh.gif
or perhaps the only people who care; are ones in your avy

Please paterno is no victim he wasn't concerned about those kids at all if he was he would have called the cops.he deserves to rot in hell or some terrible afterlife.He protected his legacy and school instead of innocent children

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Please paterno is no victim he wasn't concerned about those kids at all if he was he would have called the cops.he deserves to rot in hell or some terrible afterlife.He protected his legacy and school instead of innocent children
Correct. and Phil Knight is protecting his legacy as well. 

why are you on Niketalk?

Why are you alive? Is it because of Phil Knight and Nike?
Perhaps that question is a bit too deep....
laugh.gif
or perhaps the only people who care; are ones in your avy
About your life? Perhaps you are correct, but you are the expert!
Joe Paterno and Phil Knight did and do not seem to care either!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

your Anti Nike but your on Niketalk 
nerd.gif

Yes....I am here on Nike Talk. Yet that does not make me a Nike Talker any more than an atheist walking into a church, then becoming a believer.

WTH
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom