Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

I bought a ticket to the Eagles/Bucs game on December 9th.
pimp.gif

If they can keep Vick healthy 
pimp.gif

Just destroy the cowboys PLEASE, im tired of it being their year...EVERY YEAR

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8217421/nfl-projecting-every-division-winner-2012-season

NFC

NFC East projected champ: Philadelphia Eagles (8.6 wins)
The rest: New York Giants (8.3), Dallas Cowboys (7.5), Washington ******** (6.8)

There's always an argument about whether the NFC East is really one of the strongest divisions in the league. Its teams generally don't end up with great records, in part because they are beating one another up. The Eagles, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys all project to be good but not great teams with tough schedules, and the Washington ******** are the best last-place team in the league if Robert Griffin III is half as good as what we think he can be.

The Eagles went 8-8 last season even though they outscored opponents by 68 points, and they finished ninth in the Football Outsiders DVOA ratings. Going back to 1991, teams that finish in the top 10 of our ratings at 8-8 or worse win an average of 9.9 games the next season. The Eagles also improved significantly on defense over the course of last season, ranking 22nd in DVOA in the first half and sixth in the second half. But late-season defensive improvement doesn't seem to carry over to the following season, so we don't project the Eagles to have a great defense. We do project that it will be good, not the disaster it was in the first few weeks of 2011. The Eagles benefit from a third-place finish that gives them easier intraconference matchups than the Cowboys or Giants, so their mean projection of under 9.0 wins seems a bit low.

The projections for Dallas and New York also seem low, though, and it would be hard for three teams in the same division to all beat their forecasts. The Cowboys have big names at the positions that draw the most attention, but their offense will suffer due to an inexperienced and questionable offensive line. On defense, we don't see huge improvement despite the upgrade at cornerback. Morris Claiborne is superbly talented, but even the best, most-talented rookie cornerbacks tend to struggle in their first season.

The Giants' mean projection basically equals what they did in the 2011 regular season, which seems oddly low because we know how good they were in the postseason. A lot of teams that went on historic postseason runs after mediocre regular seasons didn't carry that improvement over to the next season. The 2008 Giants were one of the exceptions. It's also highly unlikely that the Giants will suffer as many injuries in the secondary as they did a year ago -- although they're not exactly off to a great start on that front.

Projections, but still.

Living in North Jersey is the worst thing in the world for a passionate Eagles fans. Sick and tired of G-Men supports especially after the two recent SB victories. Cowboys fans are proving to be not half as bad in comparison.

Well, we won our first pre-season game of the year. Good to see our boys back out on the field. But Vick getting hurt in the 2nd quarter :smh: good thing it was only a stinger.

Well, we won our first pre-season game of the year. Good to see our boys back out on the field. But Vick getting hurt in the 2nd quarter :smh: good thing it was only a stinger.

Foles wasn't looking too bad out there.

Kafka is TRASH. He should not be the main backup.

It should be 1. Vick. 2. Foles 3. Kafka/Edwards

Foles @ 2nd string? 
laugh.gif

not now, Kafka is definitely better than him at the moment

Last edited:
^ i'm with you.. i'm just not a kafka fan

i really dont think he realizes what he is, which doesnt make sense to me since one of his attributes is supposed to be his smarts

coming in, we knew his big weakness was arm strength.. so i figured dude would come in as a timing west coast guy.. but nope, this dude chucks it up any chance he gets

and i hope this isn't some sign for the season, not being able to get off the field on 3rd down

Last edited:
so dudes ready to move on from Vick now? 
comeon.png

watch if Vick go ham in the regular season and they be all "
embarassed.gif
"

comeon.png

watch if Vick go ham in the regular season and they be all ":wow: "
We aren't even talking about how Foles or Kafka is better than Vick, its no question that MV is the best QB on the squad. We all know who the man is at QB. We're just talking about the backup spot and who should be that backup QB.

Last edited:
comeon.png

watch if Vick go ham in the regular season and they be all "
embarassed.gif
"
you dont mean us talking about foles vs kafka, right?!

damaris johnson not having a good 2nd game

Last edited:
not ya'll 
laugh.gif
, the other eagle fans i'm around at the moment.

my fault.

not ya'll 
laugh.gif
, the other eagle fans i'm around at the moment.

my fault.
was going say.. let's not start the crazy talk

i mean i do want to see if we have anything in foles.. just because next year's draft is deep at QB

but i would rather him get the action in blowouts and not at the expense of vick (obviously)

so what DEs and DTs do you guys think we'll keep?

tapp is probably gone.. and DTs are set until patterson comes back, then someone got to go

Last edited:
Cole 

Babin

Jenkins

Landri

Cox

Graham

Hunt

Thornton 

Curry

^ who gets cut if patterson can come back this year?

and you dont think dixon makes it?

tapp is pretty much gone..  least we should be able to get some late round picks for our excess guy(s)

Back
Top Bottom