Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

We're darn near 40-deep in the D-line rotation. Thank you, Washburn.

Hindsight speaking but I truly wish we gave the DC gig to Spags. Philly guy and knows the Giants in-and-out. G-Men are the main team in the division I'm concerned with. Cowboys plagued with receiver injuries. Skins not ready to make the leap under RG3.

^ who gets cut if patterson can come back this year?

and you dont think dixon makes it?

tapp is pretty much gone..  least we should be able to get some late round picks for our excess guy(s)
its a REALLY tough decision but i can live with my list, i don't envy Washburn, Reid and Roseman at all.

first the DTs:

thornton has to make it, he's 6-4 and 309.. and only 24

cox obviously

landri is just too versatile and only 28.. which surprisingly is only a year older than dixon (27), really thought dixon was younger than that

jenkins is 31, but he's starting.. but he might not be our best past rusher anymore and also has an injury history

patterson might not be playing this year

we usually only carry 4 DTs.. so dixon is probably a goner, but he is our only big DT (320 plus)

DEs.. tapp is gone

he's clearly behind: cole, babin, hunt, curry and graham

Last edited:
We need to just keep Vick bubble wrapped until the Browns game....and that Dline is going to be vicious, its a great problem to have when too many players are doing well and making plays :smokin, we can probably parlay 1 or 2 guys into mid-late round picks b/c theres plenty of teams who would kill for that kind of depth

DL is going to be a problem for the league. I pray that we can get off to an atypical fast start. I'm tired of starting every season slow.

DL is going to be a problem for the league. I pray that we can get off to an atypical fast start. I'm tired of starting every season slow.

I agree, our D-Liine was getting crazy pressure all game (Pats did run like 100 screen passes for the record)

Vick is really starting to annoy me, it's only preseason and he STILL seems to not learn to just get down and stop exposing himself to big hits. If he plays all 16 games it'll be a miralce from God himself

and Foles is the real deal, get Kafka the hell outta here. He's a bum

my biggest concern OTHER THAN VICK'S HEALTH, is penalties

Adam Caplan@caplannfl

Eagles up to 16 penalties for 131 yards. Totally unacceptable. Reid has a right to be very upset.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl

Eagles have 22 penalties in less than two games.

Smh @ Vick. just before the game talking about he knows he has to protect himself. Then when theres two dlinement coming from each side he throws a hail mary in the preseason game & gets lit..... Why not just go down there Mike??? :smh:

[h1]Michael Vick's contract guarantees shrink after 2012[/h1]
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick suffered another rib injury when he took a shot from New England Patriots defensive end Jermaine Cunningham in the first quarter of last night's preseason game.

For Vick, it was his second injury in as many preseason games as he exited the opener with a left thumb injury. Injuries are nothing new for the 6-foot, 215-pound Vick, who has only played a full 16-game season one time (2006) in his nine-year career.

Given Vick's injury history, the "NFL AM" crew debated whether or not Vick's contract was a mistake.

Vick earned $20 million last season and will make another $12.5 million in fully guaranteed base salary in 2012. If Vick can stay healthy, and leads the Eagles to the playoffs again, the issue will be moot. However, the Eagles will have a decision to make shortly after Super Bowl XLVII.

Next season, Vick's base salary swells to $15.5 million, $3 million of which is currently guaranteed for injury only. If Vick is on the Eagles' roster on the second day of the 2013 waiver period, which is typically two days after the Super Bowl, that $3 million will become fully guaranteed (for skill, injury and cap).

So if Vick has another injury-plagued season, the Eagles could pay him the $3 million he's owed and get out from under the remaining $12.5 million in salary. If Vick stays healthy, but the team is not happy with his performance level or upcoming cap number ($16.9 million), they could release him after the Super Bowl, save $15.5 million and go with Nick Foles, Mike Kafka or a quarterback to be named later.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-shrink-after-2012?module=HP11_headline_stack

adam caplan's prediction on the defense:

Predicting the 53-man roster for the #Eagles, version 2.0 (defense)

(5) DT: Jenkins, Landri, Cox, Dixon, Thornton
(5) DE: Babin, Cole, Graham, Hunt, Curry

Comments: I see a trade of Darryl Tapp. Keep in mind Jenkins will see time at DE. And Landri saw snaps at DE last season in training camp this year. That's an outstanding group of 10 defensive linemen. Probably the deepest in the NFL. And all of them can play.

(2) MLB: Ryans, Matthews
(2) SLB: Kendricks, Jordan
(2) WLB: Rolle, Chaney

Comments: All three backups have positional versatility.

(5) CB: DRC, Asomugha, Marsh, Boykin, Hanson
(4) S: Allen, Coleman, Atogwe, Jarrett

Comments: Had Tom Nelson not suffered a high ankle sprain, he might have pushed Jarrett off the roster.

25 players on defense. Leaving one spot open for waiver possible waiver claim or signing of a veteran free agent after final cuts.

NFI: Peters, Patterson
PUP: Anderson

and offense

Predicting the 53-man roster for the #Eagles, version 2.0 (offense)

(3) QB: Vick, Foles, Kafka
(3) RB: McCoy, D. Lewis, B. Brown
(1) FB: Havili
(6) WR: D. Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Da. Johnson, Hall
(2) TE: Celek, Harbor
--
Comments: Since Cooper is coming off a broken collarbone and isn't a lock for week 1, keeping Hall on the roster makes sense.

(3) G: Watkins, Mathis, Gibson
(4) OT: Herremans, Bell, Dunlap, Kelly
(2) C: Kelce, Vallos

Comments: Eagles like Dennis Kelly. He may have a role down the road as a developmental guard.

Special Teams
(1) K: Henery
(1) P: McBriar
(1) LS: Dorenbos

27 players on offense including special teams.

Paul Domowitch@pdomo

Useless factoid: Eagles' Nick Foles leads NFL in passing thru 2 preseason games. Last 2 p/s passing kings: Matthew Stafford & Aaron Rodgers.

Vick has to realize when to give up on plays and the line needs to get their **** together asap. Silver lining to him getting knocked out though is that we got a good look at Foles and he can play.

I'm pumped for the season to start. I think good things are ahead for the eagles. Hopefully we can actually have a season with few injuries. I know we lost Peters already but if everyone can stay healthy (especially Vick) we will be the team to beat.

However, I do miss the McNabb days very badly. I wish he could have played here with all this talent the team has now... 

I'm pumped for the season to start. I think good things are ahead for the eagles. Hopefully we can actually have a season with few injuries. I know we lost Peters already but if everyone can stay healthy (especially Vick) we will be the team to beat.

However, I do miss the McNabb days very badly. I wish he could have played here with all this talent the team has now... 
Current Mcnabb is done. Maybe if you mean prime mcnabb would be able to play with this talent then I agree.

Dan Graham@coltsinsider

#Colts #Eagles talking trade DE (meetings all day details later)

i assume this mean we're moving tapp

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...be-ready-for-opener?blockID=761099&feedID=692

tommy lawlor on the above article:

Reuben Frank broke the news that Mike Patterson won’t be ready for the season opener.  

This isn’t 100 percent official yet, but that’s only because Reid hasn’t spoken on the subject.  That will happen some time in the near future.

Patt will then start the season on the PUP list (or NFI…same rules per Sam).  That means Patt sits for 6 weeks.  He then returns to practice and the Eagles have a 3-week window in which to decide what to do.  At the end of the 3 weeks, if the team hasn’t already put him on the roster, they have to make him active or put him on IR.

Could this be the beginning of the end for Patt?  Possibly.  He does want to play, though.  His doctors just need to be comfortable that his skull can handle NFL collisions.  The brain is fine. This is all about the skull.

There is no question that Patt is still a good player.  He had a good season in 2011.  99.9 percent of his body is in excellent shape.  I hope the doctors give him the news that he wants to hear.

For now, what does this mean for the Eagles?  Antonio Dixon just got a job.  Probably, anyway.  The best 4 DTs that I’ve seen this summer are Landri, Jenkins, Thornton, and Cox.  Dixon would be #5.  I have not been impressed by him at all.  The Eagles still have hopes so Patt’s situation bought Dixon more time.

I’d love to see the Eagles look around the league and try to trade Dixon.  Get a more athletic DT in return.  My fantasy would be to ship him to the Texans, who need NT help, and get 4th round pick Jared Crick in return.  That will happen right after I get done helping Kelly Brook try on different bikinis (another fantasy scenario).

Maybe some 2-gap team will covet Dixon as a run stuffer and make an offer.  I just don’t think he’s a good fit in Washburn’s system.  The guy can play.  It isn’t a lack of talent.  All about fit.

Vick has to realize when to give up on plays and the line needs to get their **** together asap. Silver lining to him getting knocked out though is that we got a good look at Foles and he can play.
the line gave Foles more protection than Vick tho, the fact i saw Vick slide in a game shows that he is trying to protect his self imo

Current Mcnabb is done. Maybe if you mean prime mcnabb would be able to play with this talent then I agree.
 Yes I do mean when McNabb was in his prime. I hate to say it and agree with you but he is done now--Sad ending to his career. Loved watching him play.

Yes I do mean when McNabb was in his prime. I hate to say it and agree with you but he is done now--Sad ending to his career. Loved watching him play.

Preach...I get so annoyed when people on WIP and just in general talk about him like he was the worst qb in eagles history. The guy had a GREAT career, just a couple notches below HOF level. Sad that he will always be unappreciated by a bunch of people like Mike Schmidt

Back
Top Bottom