Phillies being eliminated from the postseason APPRECIATION. vol Mets fans, let's celebrate

Originally Posted by John2st

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cliff, come to the Yankees
frown.gif
FALSE

As I said earlier, the Mets are coming for that *** in 2015, by 2014 we'll be a young team on the rise. Ya heard it here first, do don't try to jump on the bandwagon three years from now. Because I know, most of NT'ers are frontrunners anyway. 

good luck with that... then they will just blow a september lead and choke again.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
the only team that has any shot is the nationals.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by John2st

mets will stink for the next ten years

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cliff, come to the Yankees
frown.gif
FALSE

As I said earlier, the Mets are coming for that *** in 2015, by 2014 we'll be a young team on the rise. Ya heard it here first, do don't try to jump on the bandwagon three years from now. Because I know, most of NT'ers are frontrunners anyway. 

whoa dude, you were cool in my book until this. Your really clowin us? Really?

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

First Bos, then the Yanks, now Philly, YES!

I'm really glad to see the "buying" of championships doesn't seem to be working anymore like it used to.  I'd much rather see teams like the 4 that are left be there at the end.  It seems to be more about who gets hot at the right time in recent memory.

Originally Posted by mjd77

I'm really glad to see the "buying" of championships doesn't seem to be working anymore like it used to.  I'd much rather see teams like the 4 that are left be there at the end.  It seems to be more about who gets hot at the right time in recent memory.

How did the Phillies try to "buy" a championship??? Only big FA is Lee everybody else is homegrown or came through trade. If you going to talk at least check the facts so you don't sound silly. Outside of that I hope y'all do what we couldn't. Mez I hate to agree with you or any Mets fan but your right this O has been reputation based the last few years. Ruben has a hell of an offseason in front of him.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

baseball fans seem to hate successful teams
Not successful teams, but teams with high payrolls that try to buy championships.  I dont care if Philly traded or have homegrown players, that doesnt mean they didnt have the money to resign or acquire those players, because they could, otherwise why or how would they be able to trade for them?  Yea its not their fault, its baseballs fault, so their demise gives a big F you to the mlb office, executives  and commish too. 

I'm not understanding you seriously. Your upset the Phillies had pieces in the minor leagues to trade to get the players they did? Where they don't do that at?

Not successful teams, but teams with high payrolls that try to buy championships.  I dont care if Philly traded or have homegrown players, that doesnt mean they didnt have the money to resign or acquire those players, because they could, otherwise why or how would they be able to trade for them?  Yea its not their fault, its baseballs fault, so their demise gives a big F you to the mlb office, executives  and commish too. 
Wow, is this dude serious?

30t6p3b.gif
I hate when people start this argument. These big market teams aren't trying to buy championships. They're trying to maintain a competitive advantage over the teams in their division that wish to knock them off the pedestal AFTER they've won a championship. The Brewers traded for Greinke, Marcum and signed Randy Wolf. The Cards signed Carpenter, Holliday, Loshe and Berkman once upon a time. And we can go on and on about the teams left in the playoffs. Don't be mad at the long pockets of east coast teams, get mad at the ineptitude of the other billionaire owners around the league who don't care enough to compete on that level year in and year out. You definitely don't need to spend $200m or even $150m to compete for chips in baseball (just ask the Giants, Tigers, Rangers, Rays, Cards, Brewers etc.) but some teams do it to appease their fans and ownership who enjoy competing on that level every year. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
at the mets in 2015

20 years from now the mets will still gargle my balls
laugh.gif
you let teams of grown men gargle your balls
laugh.gif
Let them keep laughing, the Mets will be back sooner than they think.

As a marlins fan I am happy to seem them lose but the phillies will be back full force next year believe that!!! on a side note my marlins will be in the playoffs
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
at the mets in 2015

20 years from now the mets will still gargle my balls
laugh.gif
you let teams of grown men gargle your balls
laugh.gif
Let them keep laughing, the Mets will be back sooner than they think.

one thing i'll say about met fans is that we got a good loyal fanbase.  i went to games when the mets played in LA and San Diego this year and it was a ton of Met fans at both places, the Mets thread is always active even during the down years. I'll laugh at the struggles as well but it's going to be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
when the Mets are back

No im not serious, I typed all that out for nothing.  Top 3 payrolls, NY, PHI and BOS. 
30t6p3b.gif
I hate when people start this argument. These big market teams aren't trying to buy championships. They're trying to maintain a competitive advantage over the teams in their division that wish to knock them off the pedestal AFTER they've won a championship. The Brewers traded for Greinke, Marcum and signed Randy Wolf. The Cards signed Carpenter, Holliday, Loshe and Berkman once upon a time. And we can go on and on about the teams left in the playoffs. Don't be mad at the long pockets of east coast teams, get mad at the ineptitude of the other billionaire owners around the league who don't care enough to compete on that level year in and year out. You definitely don't need to spend $200m or even $150m to compete for chips in baseball (just ask the Giants, Tigers, Rangers, Rays, Cards, Brewers etc.) but some teams do it to appease their fans and ownership who enjoy competing on that level every year. Deal with it.
The more money you put into a team, the better you expect them to perform.  Some organizations have more money to work with than others and like i said not their fault, but mlbs fault.  And its not that other billionaire owners dont care, its just they dont have big enough pockets that NY BOS and Philly, along with having YES, NESN, and Comcast.  The fact that they do try to buy/retain the biggest free agents out there to win compared  to teams who have less money to work with just because they made it to the playoffs is doesnt change the fact what they try to do and make NY BOS and PHI HUGE failures

No im not serious, I typed all that out for nothing.  Top 3 payrolls, NY, PHI and BOS. 
30t6p3b.gif
The more money you put into a team, the better you expect them to perform.  Some organizations have more money to work with than others and like i said not their fault, but mlbs fault.  And its not that other billionaire owners dont care, its just they dont have big enough pockets that NY BOS and Philly, along with having YES, NESN, and Comcast.  The fact that they do try to buy/retain the biggest free agents out there to win compared  to teams who have less money to work with just because they made it to the playoffs is doesnt change the fact what they try to do and make NY BOS and PHI HUGE failures

What?
As seen here, baseball's got a lot more billionaire owners than the Yankees and Red Sox Owners. Most of them have similar net worths as Steinbrenner did when he was alive but you know what? They won't spend the money to build the brand and win like the East Coast teams do because they look at their investment as just that, another investment. The Tigers, Rangers and Cardinals owners? Billionaires. They spend what they have to spend to compete with one another. Baseball payrolls aren't relative to the ultimate achievement in the sport and championships can't be bought as is proven every year. 

Back
Top Bottom