Phillies being eliminated from the postseason APPRECIATION. vol Mets fans, let's celebrate

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by omgitswes

First Bos, then the Yanks, now Philly, YES!

baseball fans seem to hate successful teams
Not successful teams, but teams with high payrolls that try to buy championships.  I dont care if Philly traded or have homegrown players, that doesnt mean they didnt have the money to resign or acquire those players, because they could, otherwise why or how would they be able to trade for them?  Yea its not their fault, its baseballs fault, so their demise gives a big F you to the mlb office, executives  and commish too. 

Translation: I am an A's fan.  I am jealous that other teams actually spend money to try to make their teams competitive.  I wish my team was like them.  I am going to hate on these teams.  I am also going to blame Major League Baseball for not creating some rule regarding salary that would help my team stay competitive by not spending much money.  I am going to completely ignore the fact that in spite of being the only sport that doesnt have a salary cap, baseball has the most parody of any sport.  I wish I wasnt an A's fan.

Hope that avoids the confusion of whether or not he was serious.

Originally Posted by dland24

Not successful teams, but teams with high payrolls that try to buy championships.  I dont care if Philly traded or have homegrown players, that doesnt mean they didnt have the money to resign or acquire those players, because they could, otherwise why or how would they be able to trade for them?  Yea its not their fault, its baseballs fault, so their demise gives a big F you to the mlb office, executives  and commish too. 

Translation: I am an A's fan.  I am jealous that other teams actually spend money to try to make their teams competitive.  I wish my team was like them.  I am going to hate on these teams.  I am also going to blame Major League Baseball for not creating some rule regarding salary that would help my team stay competitive by not spending much money.  I am going to completely ignore the fact that in spite of being the only sport that doesnt have a salary cap, baseball has the most parody of any sport.  I wish I wasnt an A's fan.

th2584g21.gif

Pretty much sums it up

The more money you put into a team, the better you expect them to perform.  Some organizations have more money to work with than others and like i said not their fault, but mlbs fault.  And its not that other billionaire owners dont care, its just they dont have big enough pockets that NY BOS and Philly, along with having YES, NESN, and Comcast.  The fact that they do try to buy/retain the biggest free agents out there to win compared  to teams who have less money to work with just because they made it to the playoffs is doesnt change the fact what they try to do and make NY BOS and PHI HUGE failures
You don't know how wrong you are dude.
30t6p3b.gif
You're directing your frustration at the wrong people...

The sad thing is there's a ton of people in the country who have your mentality and thinking. Keep giving those "woe is me" billionaires a free pass though.

Oh hell yes!! Nothing brings me more joy sports wise then seeing any team from Philadelphia lose.

5pkfav.gif

laugh.gif
damn dland that was cold

it's funny all the people in here; like the Phillies won't be right back in the mix next year.

Mets will contend in 2200.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

What?
As seen here, baseball's got a lot more billionaire owners than the Yankees and Red Sox Owners. Most of them have similar net worths as Steinbrenner did when he was alive but you know what? They won't spend the money to build the brand and win like the East Coast teams do because they look at their investment as just that, another investment. The Tigers, Rangers and Cardinals owners? Billionaires. They spend what they have to spend to compete with one another. Baseball payrolls aren't relative to the ultimate achievement in the sport and championships can't be bought as is proven every year. 
Its not all about the owners net worths, a good chunk comes from television as i previously mentioned, YES, NESN and Comcast.  And yes, not all owners want to succeed and look at their teams as an investment.  It cant be literally bought, but the more money you put into a product, the better the results are expected to be. 

Doesnt matter if Im a A's or Giants fan.  What you typed could also be said for giants fans, I see Giants fans complain about the Phillys payroll a good amount too.  I'd never wish i wasnt an A's fan but its nice to see the typical giants fan view of an A's fan after living under the A's shadow for most of your 29 years of life and after winning a WS championship #lightninginabottle

Back
Top Bottom