Philly Street rapper history

Quick questions for my philly people

Being a person who likes to look into history and whats going on in the world Philly has always had me confused.
This stems from the whole meek, cassidy, ar-ab stuff going on and i figured id make a thread to talk history so y'all can share some stories and what not.

Who is really running philly? right now or back then doesn't matter

Is gillie really respected the way he says he is
Is ar-ab really respected the way he says he is

Do the State property people really mess with the new cats or is it just a let me be in the video thing?

Im sure ill think of more and if you want to share more im glad to watch any documentary or read an article.

Just trying to spark some convo and learn about the cities street/music scene.

Last edited:
Starts here.....shame this whole doc never came out.....

The documentary of the man who birthed the Philadelphia Hip Hop scene and started the careers of Will Smith,Salt & Pepa,Cool C,Steady B,Roxanne Shante,Biz Markie,Da Youngstas,3 Times Dope,& many more.Check out this never before told historic story.

I'm not from Philly. But I was up on all rap in the early days. Plus Philly had a lot of the best DJs in the world at that time that were winning or placing in the DMC battles. Jazzy Jeff, Cash Money, DJ Miz, Tat Money etc.

Philly always stay with it. It's like a mini NY when it comes to hip-hop. Always going to be a multitude of artists coming with heat.

Back
Top Bottom