photoshop tips thread

Sup_

Nice one Fongstarr. King of Illustrator.

I put this link up before but i like to go to www.graphic-forums.com/

Its a great place for advice, tutorials, links, and just posting your
designs for C&Cs.

Here are a few sites that have brushes for you grungy people.

www.8nero.net/brushes/

veredgf.fredfarm.com/vbrush/main.html

Also its essential to have a font site i like to use www.dafont.com/

Just a little something I wanted to share.

Enjoy.

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."

Quote:
is there any way i could turn a black and white picture into color?

heres a little program i found www.recolored.com/

check out the b4 and after

dday.jpg

dday_res.jpg

...The glimmers of hope provoke those without dollars to dream,Through your existence become wealthy knowledge is king... -nas

^^^originally, did the picture have color? Or is the program smart enoguh to guess out what colors should be

^ Have a look at the page - you tell it what colors go where and then it kind of fills them in.

Looks pretty cool.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

Actually, you could resize it - it is a little bigger than it needs to be.

Here, found an online gif resizer.

It's now 130k

m7bc5h.gif

[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

Quote:
I'll clean it up after I archive it to get rid of the excess responses and every so often I'll move it back to the Gen Forum so more tips can get added.

You know dirty i could take care of that for you?

Check the sig
JORDANKIID23 FOR ARCHIVE MOD

^^
image, then like adjustments or something...and look for something thats called "replace color" or "color replacer" thats all...theres not much skill involved in it...
[/center]
kissing the game goodbye​

ok please dont say anything but i cant seem to get my name on my pic that i want to post on WDYWT.....please help

im new to it, completly new
Peace
Out

how do you make a watermark? like the "crooked tongues"/"nba" logos. do you just add another layer, use the text tool, and mess around with the opacity?
...and knowing is half the battle!

WANTED: AM1 Atmos, Safari sz 9.5

^^you got it...

in some cases people, like myself, have their "tags" as images....same thing though...just open the tag, copy and paste onto a new layer with like 50% transparency...
[/center]
kissing the game goodbye​

Quote:
how do you make a watermark? like the "crooked tongues"/"nba" logos. do you just add another layer, use the text tool, and mess around with the opacity?
Yea thats basically how you make any watermark...just create a new layer with whatever you want to make a watermark with than adjust the opacity.....

And i think the best advice anyone can give to another person about photoshop is to just sit down and play around with it.....I dont consider myself a professional but i do know a little more than just the basics and I didnt learn through any tutorial or class or anything like that...I jus messed around with it
_webmesg?.target=bayareajs@yahoo.com&.src=pg]BayAreaJs[/url] | Email - BayAreaJs@Yahoo.com[/b]

Quote:
in some cases people, like myself, have their "tags" as images....same thing though...just open the tag, copy and paste onto a new layer with like 50% transparency...

yeee.. i remember in the last PHOTOSHOP post that i made over the summer, you showed us how to do it along with jordanfreak32.

you were supposed to hook me up with a tag =/ hahah

any one have there own custom brushes, some one should make some brushes of some kicks and the nike sign

Quote:
This is my contribution. It's to make these type of pictures:
Nice contribution..............BUT.............

Whats good wit this picture.........

homo4fg.jpg

For one.........if its from your own personal collection.......what you doin taken pictures of yourself like this?

And if its some other mans picture?.....what drove you to use this one?.........looks like you put some added detail into the forbidden zone.......... :nerd:
nerd.gif

_webmesg?.target=bayareajs@yahoo.com&.src=pg]BayAreaJs[/url] | Email - BayAreaJs@Yahoo.com[/b]

Quote:
well it's good you people are learning photoshop and great job to the contributors and the students but damn, we need a photography tutorial post or something. some of the pictures you guys use are horrible. maybe i'm just anal about these things.

I agree...

Design does not only consist of computer programs. There's alot of other ways to make designs better without the aid of a computer. People forget that design are all different kinds disciplines mashed into one. That's why i think the better designers are the ones that have an art background (ie: graf designers like Dave Kinsey, Shepard Fairey and even guys like Futura).

Photography is a great way to make photoshop images look....."cool". I think (well, this is as knowledgable as I get with photography) lighting and the angle of the picture your taking are key. Think composition.....Take images from below, or up above make sure you have plenty of lighting to capture all the colors so you don't have to OD on photoshop filters and adjustments. I always like to go to sites like gettyimages.com to get some inspiration............
E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
AIM: Fongstizzle

Member Since January 26, 2003

^ Fongstarr...The Illustrator King...can you teach me???

Gotta hit ya up...gotta question my friend.

Cris1.
[/b]​

Back
Top Bottom