photoshop tips thread

^ you could open it in another layer and then resize it and move it around until it's where you like it then play with the blending options and opacity etc until you like the way it looks.

Look at the some of the other pages here to see how to use layers and stuff if you're not sure.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

the only real tip i have is play around with it as much as you can until your comfortable, then practice what you know, then explore more

here's something i did messing around.

n15i54.jpg

I just got CS2 installed on this computer at work, yall might be in some trouble now.

I gave it to you cupcake and I dont think I can use it

So i got CS2 and Adobe says you need like 350 megs of RAM or something like that, and I have 256, any chance it'll run?

You gave me a version thats only good for 30 days, btw. So, while i love you, i also hate you.

I need help, how do I combine 2 images into 1 image, like put them side by side to make on complete picture?

Quote:
i dont usually ask for anything on niketalk, but i was wondering if any of you photo shop experts can help me out a bit. my friend wants fo rme to design a logo for him he wants the ipod incorporated into it. now i was wondering if you guys can make a sillouhette (i dont know how to spell it ) of an ipod for me. not the mini, but the regular one.

this is what i put a few pages back. please help me out. thanks. :D
happy.gif

OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S
<------MIAMI-VICE Those are my boys. the dynamic duo of the 1980's.
TEAM-OLDSCHOOL "YOU GOTTA DO THE TIME"
TEAM PLATANO ""que paso"? Big Ben aka "Dr. Phil banks"
KRS1>50 CENT

how much does photoshop cost cause the one on my computer which is 2.0 and i think the latest is like 7?
"Destiny is not something to be waited for, but achieved"

Question....

I remember back in the day (about 03') there were some websites where people posted their own Photoshopped NBA wallpapers and whatnot (sites called Clippertalk, or somethin' like that)...I never really kept up with these websites since then, but I did pick up a helpful tip on getting 1024x768 photos from "CBS Sportsline"....

What I would do is:
-Scroll through the photos
-Right-click on any one I'd want
-Paste the URL in another directory, and the picture would appear in 1024x768 format instead of the small version on the main site....

(If anyone else does this, for either PhotoShop reasons or just to collect photos...please post....)

Okay....I recently went to the site to get new photos....and I noticed that the URL of the photos have changed, so the usual process isn't working.....what im asking is...

Does anyone know how to make the photos on CBS Sportsline larger than those on the site? Preferrably 1024x768....??

P.S. I'm not asking for any NBA wallpaper sites, so please don't post those...
.L.I. V. E.G. A. S.​
ive Intelligent Very Exclusive Gifted Artistic Scholar​
Police blitzed the Crack gameDrug Alias switched to Rap names, fat chains attract fame[/i]​

^ you used to be able to replace the "lower" in the url to "1024x768" to get the bigger pictures... but that doesn't seem to work anymore...
Formally known as FLO31

i was able to do this method:

Quote:
Another nice effect is leaving only one color but making the rest black and white.

thing is that, im trying to do this one which has multiple colors in it (ice cream cone with some colorful ice cream on it).

if im only able to do a layer mask---IT ISNT ALLOWING ME TO MAKE ONE, it isnt an option for me. i cant click on it---maybe something's wrong with my setting/s?

i try to duplicate it but it says BACKROUND, not layer.

^you need to double click on that layer and it will change to layer 0.

If you leave it as the locked background it won't let you do stuff to it.

[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

For that picture of my JB's, I just took a picture in good decent natural lighting.
1.Cropped the shoe
2.Go to Select>Feather; I used about 1.5 pix
3.Press Ctrl+J to copy the shoe to a new layer
4.Go to Image>Adjust>Brightness/Contrast and play with the settings. I lowered the brightness and raised the contrast to put more emphasis on the patent leather
5.Go back to the first layer and Black it out (Edit>Fill)
so

kd,

did i do it right? was i using the right tool?

noatqa.jpg

also, when you say:

"i used the layer mask..."

is that the ones from LAYER > ADD LAYER MASK > HIDE ALL/REVEAL ALL ? if so, hide or reveal?

Can anyone tell me why my picture is ending up like this. I am using two layers, and extracting the copy and then i go to filter gallery, and change the bg, but sometimes it wont be right.

npox3a.jpg

looks like you're also paste'ing some of the background images. use background eraser to clean some of that up.
[/url]​

Sup_
Solearius:
Also, I was just curious, what exactly does "Feathering (CTRL+ALT+D)" do?

What feathering does is "softens" the edges of pictures. Meaning it gives
it a slight fade or blur, depending on how much feathering you do. It helps
your selection blend in with your background. Usually I like to keep it around 1-3pixels.

AirJordans4Life :
i just tried the feather function and it didn't do anything. I didn't notice any change.
After you click feather, hit the DELETE or BACKSPACE button and you
will notice the difference. Make sure you inverse your selection if for
instance you want to feather yourself. It has to be on the outside of your
self.

Hope that helps.

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."[h2]Get your realize._skullCREST Tee! HERE! or Email me @ [/h2]realize.designs@gmail.com

^Yup!

That's exactly what I thought FEATHERING did. After pressing BACKSPACE I noticed the difference.

THANKS! 8)
glasses.gif

how do you isolate something? when ever i use the magic wand it selects only a piece of the pictureand not the whole picture. if i use the lasso tool its hard for me to trace on the outline picture.

Back
Top Bottom