[[PICS]] BMW reveals the all new 3 Series !! it puts the Benz C class ,Audi A4 & Lexus Is to shame

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

mercedes-c63-amg-bla-8_800x0w.jpg

Oh
/thread.

Meh,
I like the lines and front end of the E90/92 way more than the new one. But this will probably grow on me if the new 335i/xi comes with improvements. 

That LTBMW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The new M4 (They really gonna rename the 3 series coupe 4?) is gonna be a MONSTER.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

That LTBMW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The new M4 (They really gonna rename the 3 series coupe 4?) is gonna be a MONSTER.
So the 3-series coupe will be 428i or 435i? I guess they're doing what Audi did with the A4 and A5?
Speaking of A5s, the RS5 is sounding pretty disappointing at this point. Estimated at $70k (C63 and M3 is only $60k) and Autoblogs review goes...

Subsequent high-spirited comparison drives on warm and dry surfaces, however, revealed the original 444-horsepower RS5 as no match for the sheer dynamic satisfaction of the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG coupe and BMW M3 coupe. The RS5, even with its improved lighter and quicker-reacting Quattro, simply had too hard a time resisting prodigious amounts of understeer. 

^ from what i've read - the M-Sport and generic models will stay 328, 330 etc.. but the M3 versions, will be labelled M4 etc..

Originally Posted by kngpin88

I hate the route they are taking. There is no distinction between any of their cars now. It looks like a mini 5 series.

seen one on the road yesterday def looked like a MINI 5 series

The fuel economy on these are
eek.gif

I've been driving a rental one for the last week and a half and I'm very pleased.

Even uglier, I can't believe the car comes w/o projector headlights. I mean seriously?
21jumus.jpg

My girl and I are going to our dealerships launch this coming saturday...

Will be test driving it as well....

I'll see how this car feels, I'm still sold on that Lex though....

I think you'll be very happy with how it drives. I've heard nothing but good things about how it performs, it's all about being able to live with that front end.

is it just me or does every BMW, Benz, Audi, etc etc etc never mention the competition Infiniti.

Ive driven all car makes and just love infiniti.

BMW nice car doe

Between those 3, Infiniti isn't mentioned because it's not a German car. But when it comes to competing, it gets a mention here and there.
Here's a MotorTrend comparo of 8 sporty luxury sedans between the German, Japanese and Americans (and Volvo). I think they should have included the CTS in the test though instead of the Buick Regal and maybe the G37 instead of the G25 but I guess it won't be fair since it'll have the 328hp while the others are all around low to mid 200hp (same goes with the CTS).
http://www.motortrend.com...luxury_sedan_comparison/

8TH PLACE : Buick Regal GS
7TH PLACE: 2012 Infiniti G25
6TH PLACE: 2012 Acura TSX V-6
5TH PLACE: 2011 Lexus IS 250 F-Sport
4TH PLACE : 2012 Audi A4 Quattro
3RD PLACE: Mercedes-Benz C250
2ND PLACE: Volvo S60 T5
1ST PLACE: BMW 328i Sport Line

Probably unfair because of the 328hp of the G37, seems like all are in the 200-250hp range. And wow, just looked it up but the G25 is more expensive than I though, starting at $32,500. I thought it was around $30k or less.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think you'll be very happy with how it drives. I've heard nothing but good things about how it performs, it's all about being able to live with that front end.

I hear you. 
I've read good things about it too. 

Ideally if I am to get it, I would want the 320d version though. 

I know performance wise it won't be as exciting, but I'm very interested in a diesel next.

30t6p3b.gif
at the thread title. The new 3 is eh. I agree with Kingtre, they were on point with the 5. The F10 far looks better compared to the E60.

Went to the launch today.

My boy is picking up the 328i sport.

I'm looking into that 320d sport over the Lexus now. I must say I quite like the new 3.

Fail?
BMW forced to lower 2012 3 Series automatic fuel economy to 33 mpg

Remember that new 36-mpg 2012 BMW 3 Series we were so excited about, the 328i that got better fuel economy in EPA testing than even the old 335d diesel model? Well, those early estimates haven't held up.

BMW has confirmed to Autoblog that the EPA has issued revised numbers for the eight-speed automatic-equipped F30 328i, with highway fuel economy taking a 3-mile-per-gallon hit to 33 mpg and the city number dropping by a single digit to 23 mpg. BMW is investigating the discrepancy but says the 2012 figure will stay at 33. Spokesman Tom Plucinsky: "Unfortunately, there is no provision in the EPA rules for a re-test this year. Therefore regardless of the results of our investigation, the new rating will stand for this model year."

Though BMW says its testing showed the car capable of 36 mpg on the highway, the EPA decided to validate BMW's numbers and came away with different results. As we type this, the government's fueleconomy.gov website has not yet been updated, though BMW's consumer website reflects the new numbers. According to Plucinsky, buyers of the six-speed manual 328i can expect to see a 34 mpg highway figure on their window sticker, which fueleconomy.gov corroborates at 23/34.

What's surprising about this situation is that when we test drove the new 3 Series last fall, BMW told our Matt Davis it was estimating only 32 mpg highway. Plucinsky suggests that perhaps the 32-mpg figure was an "early estimate was based on the previous version of the 328i."

While the efficiency hit is disappointing, even with the downgrade to 33-to-34 miles per gallon, the 3 Series' fuel economy figures are still class-leading, besting competitors including the Acura TL and TSX, Audi A4, Cadillac CTS, Infiniti G, Lexus IS and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.

With all of that said, we can't help but wonder if this development will add fuel to the fire of those who have been clamoring for the EPA to "retest" the fuel economy of vehicles in the wake of owner complaints?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lease on my mothers 5 was done, so she went with a 4 door 3 series '12 model.. It's small inside and I feel it's low but handles like [/color]
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]  This is the second one I've driven (first was a rental 2011 model) and I like it.

On the highway [/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom