Pizza diet...will i gain or lose weight doing this?

Originally Posted by chino905

But if your eating, say, 1,600 calories of fatty food instead of 1,600 calories of healthy leanfoods, won't that put you at risk for heart disese, high cholestoral, high blood pressure, etc. ? I mean yeah the number on the scale might get lower, but arent you harming your body in the long run?

Yup, thats why its not only important on the amout of foods, but the quality of  foods that you are eating.

If you work out you might still be able to lose weight but it's still a better idea to eat healthier. Everyone loves pizza, but that's not something you should be eating regularly.

If you want to lose weight, do not eat or drink anything after 6 PM. Water only. This essentially means: No calories/carbs many hours before bedtime. Many people eat large meals in the evening. Lol if you want to gain weight Fast, eat right before bed.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Some Americans really are stupid. If you want to lose weight, eat six small healthy meals and only drink water, coffee (no milk and replace sugar with cinamon) and tea (if you need to sweeten it, a little honey is ok). All these bird-brained fad diets get you nowhere.
THIS
Some Americans can't read.   Do you really not understand the point of this post?  I am not going on a diet, or thinking about doing this.  It was a hypothetical, realistic scenario.  I specifically said no need to tell me to eat six small healthy meals etc.  Get off your damn high horse and broaden your thinking...you might be willing to take in good food, but obviously are close minded to taking in any new ideas.

I ate pizza tonight, Pizza Hut deep dish, super supreme for $10, **!% tastes good, killed my diet for a few days but I am drunk, I don't care, I am out

Originally Posted by Rocky437

If you want to lose weight, do not eat or drink anything after 6 PM. Water only. This essentially means: No calories/carbs many hours before bedtime. Many people eat large meals in the evening. Lol if you want to gain weight Fast, eat right before bed.
Complete myth. It is the total # of calories you consume vs. the # of calories you burn in the day that determines weight loss/gain, not the time that you eat. If I eat 2,000 calories before noon & don't eat the rest of the day, great, I burn them off before sleep and now I'm even on calories burned vs consumed. If I don't eat all day and eat 2,000 calories right before bed, guess what I was doing all day? Burning calories and not consuming them. So now I'm at a major calorie deficit and am getting back to even right before bed time. Same result. Time has nothing to do with it (other than the obvious fact that keeping your metabolism revved up helps a little).

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Originally Posted by Rocky437

Complete myth. It is the total # of calories you consume vs. the # of calories you burn in the day that determines weight loss/gain, not the time that you eat. If I eat 2,000 calories before noon & don't eat the rest of the day, great, I burn them off before sleep and now I'm even on calories burned vs consumed. If I don't eat all day and eat 2,000 calories right before bed, guess what I was doing all day? Burning calories and not consuming them. So now I'm at a major calorie deficit and am getting back to even right before bed time. Same result. Time has nothing to do with it (other than the obvious fact that keeping your metabolism revved up helps a little).
This is true, but eating before you sleep gives you bad sleep.  If your body has to work hard to digest food over the night it has trouble getting to REM sleep.  Which sucks.  Cuz I love Taco Bell at 1230 am after a mini puff.

Originally Posted by chino905

But if your eating, say, 1,600 calories of fatty food instead of 1,600 calories of healthy leanfoods, won't that put you at risk for heart disese, high cholestoral, high blood pressure, etc. ? I mean yeah the number on the scale might get lower, but arent you harming your body in the long run?

Yes.

Calories in vs calories out only applies to weight loss, it has nothing to do with your overall health.  A calorie is a unit of energy so in that sense all calories are equal which is why cal-in vs cal-out is true.  But yeah, if you abide by that philosophy you are not a healthy person.  That's why there are so many "skinny-fat" Americans.  They look decent with their clothes on but they never exercise and limit their calories thinking they are being healthy.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Ochocinco dropped dead of a heart attack before he was 50.  

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Some Americans really are stupid. If you want to lose weight, eat six small healthy meals and only drink water, coffee (no milk and replace sugar with cinamon) and tea (if you need to sweeten it, a little honey is ok). All these bird-brained fad diets get you nowhere.
THIS
Some Americans can't read.   Do you really not understand the point of this post?  I am not going on a diet, or thinking about doing this.  It was a hypothetical, realistic scenario.  I specifically said no need to tell me to eat six small healthy meals etc.  Get off your damn high horse and broaden your thinking...you might be willing to take in good food, but obviously are close minded to taking in any new ideas.
Only when they're inane.

THIS
Only when they're inane.
Anything diet related can rarely be 'inane'.  Nice use of the word though.  The human body is extremely complex and while we have information available readily in the US the average population is fat and dies earlier than in many places in the world.  Recently I watched a documentary on Centurions and it was interesting to see the similarities many of them had in personal habits.  Eating 1700 calories and 1000 calories of it coming from pizza isn't nearly as bad as eating 2500 of 'good food' everyday, if exercise isn't part of your lifestyle.  Obviously, not a fact...just a hypothesis, a theory, whatever you want to call it.  If you think it's a stupid idea, that's legit, but you aren't really saying why.  You are just saying other ways of being healthy.  What specifically about this sort of diet do you see a problem with?  Again, I'm not discussing this from an individual point of view.  I just like to think about how a large percentage of people can be healthier.  Obviously, all the diets etc aren't working in the US.  I am trying to learn more about whether it is the food they are eating, or other reasons.  I live in a country where people generally sit down together for meals and everyone gets approx the same size meal.  People rarely eat alone.  The meals consist of healthy green based appetizers, rice and meat.  The average meal is about 500-600 calories.  There are almost zero drive through here, and 'fast food' is very minimum.  Even the 'fast food' here is sit down and it is still almost all healthy meals.  

Okay.  So I moved to my new city February 11th.  It is now April 5th (here it is).   So in the last 28 days I have eaten pizza 16 times since I've moved here.  I always eat the whole thing.  As you can see usually I get the medium size (about 1000 calories), and a few times I've gotten the large (1500?).  I checked my blood pressure yesterday, 118 over 76.  Checked my weight today, at 69 kgs (151 pounds), lowest weight i've been since freshman year of college.  Overall, my diet for the day goes like this:

12 pm: Rice, vegetables, Korean soupish stuff, a little meat (~500 calories)

6:30pm: Dominos pizza + ranch (~1000 calories)

9 pm: Nutrigrams bars (2) or strawberries, bananas, grapes and a glass of OJ (~calories i dunno?)

I play vigorous bball Saturday and Mondays and haven't exercised at all the rest of the days.  I drink heavily usually one day a week, some weeks both Friday and Sat.  However, I do walk a lot of stairs (subway and workplace), visit friends in other areas, and walk approx 10-15 minutes each way to work.  When I left my other city I was hovering around 72 kgs-73kgs (158-160 lbs).

2gvr90m.jpg

mw9mo7.jpg

If anyone could give me the fat/carb/protein/wtv etc breakdown just for information purposes that'd be great.  

Opinions, concerns, comments?

I cant not eat breakfast. I always wake up hungry. I dont see how this diet is helpful at all though and it sounds like your gonna spend a lot of money. If I were you I would stick to $5 footlongs less $$ and obviously not as bad.

Well $5 footlongs is not an option here. Also, pizza gets delivered haha = easier. Cost wise it's expensive at $10 for a meal, but until I get a dining table it is hard for me to cook at home.

x2
you're just asking for high cholesterol with that pizza diet

Originally Posted by Pysch

x2
Easy there you sheep...insulting intelligence when it comes to diet ideas seems a bit backwards.  There is a lot that we don't REALLY know about the overall way our bodies function.  Take a glance at this:
Myth: Pizza bad for cholestrol

x2
Easy there you sheep...insulting intelligence when it comes to diet ideas seems a bit backwards.  There is a lot that we don't REALLY know about the overall way our bodies function.  Take a glance at this:
i' was just talking from experience. i spent most of my college years eating pizza as dinner till i eventually got sick and found out my cholesterol level was through the roof(im skinny too)

x2
i' was just talking from experience. i spent most of my college years eating pizza as dinner till i eventually got sick and found out my cholesterol level was through the roof(im skinny too)
Stat. I do agree.  Didn't mean to jump on what you said, my bad. What I am doing isn't a long term thing I simply don't have a dining table yet so making food is a bit difficult.  It is more of an experiment of convenience and tastiness that anything I actually planned to do.  I actually agree with you.  Regardless of what the science says I 'feel' my cholesterol doing this.  However, I realized I actually only 'feel' it when I eat tooo much.  If I eat the medium it is all good.  However, when I got the large I could feel the unhealthiness of it bearing down on me.  I think a lot of times people that eat pizza/unhealthy food ALSO eat well over their normal calorie limits for a day so it has an overall adverse effect.  I've found many studies of people with what American science considers "bad ratio's" of carbs/proteins/fats etc that are actually very healthy.  Can't remember the specifics but there are some people in Africa maybe that have a very high fat diet but in all physical tests are extremely healthy.  I heard a lot of the unhealthiness from pizza comes from the cheese and meat toppings.  I always order a cheese pizza and if I could order a half cheese pizza I would.  

Back
Top Bottom