Please Help Me Choose A New Car

So...I've had the same car since I was 16 (it was a 1999) and today it officially died. (RIP) I don't really know anything about cars, but I need a new one and could really use some help...
The MAX I'm willing to spend on a new whip would be about 30-35Gs and I want it to be dependable, last a while, have decent MPG, and obviously be dope looking. Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance...and pictures would be real helpful
laugh.gif

EDIT: Yo. Thank you for all your responses. I've been checking all of them out because I don't know much but as the person above me said I definitely didn't stress gas mileage enough. Hold the pauses, but are there any affordable hybrids that aren't so ugly? I live in LA so I'm never gonna be able to take advantage of speed anyways and will most likely be making a decent commute daily with the car. I'd love to save huge on gas money if it's possible.

Like I tell everyone who asks for car advice. Get yourself a Chevy Silverado. My father had a 1989 1500 that went over 300k miles on the same motor. My brother had a 91 one that went to 270k, then the speedometer broke but he still put an estimated 50k more on it. I now drive a 2000 Silverado. Its at 118k and i know it will have no problem putting in another 118k. I am telling you, these things can take a beating. I can hop curbs, cut through medians and fields and plow through 14+ inches of water like its nothing, not to mention that when i'm in a hurry, people yield to me and stay out of my way (except for other truck drivers). It also comes in handy if you need do some moving/hauling and or towing. No suspension problems at all. If you want something Nice, clean, powerful, durable and dependable, you need to get into the truck game......the only flaws though, I'm not gonna lie, I have trouble parking in certain lots and gas sucks. But seriously I don't care what anyone says, I love my truck.

silverado3500hd_50.jpg

images

images

31972090001_large.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You need more details on what kind of car you are looking for. Obviously you want this to last a very long time, so do you need one that will span your family life in which you'd need to haul kids or is this just going to be a bachelor ride? Do you need space, any concern with mpg, want it to be fast, etc... Too many cars out there to suggest w/o being specific on your needs.

Your description is too vague. Need more info on what you do with your car, do you go to and from work or school and thats it. Kids to haul around, do you do any outdoor activities where you need more room to haul things around. Whats "decent mpg"? Getting 15-20 miles per gallon in a Challenger SRT8 may be decent to one person but completely out of the question for another. Give us more details and we can make recommendations.

Dont go with any BMW's or Mercede's b/c once that warranty is gone, so is your money.

I would stick with something Japanese... The new WRX is quite nice!

Originally Posted by AJMasta

Like I tell everyone who asks for car advice. Get yourself a Chevy Silverado. My father had a 1989 1500 that went over 300k miles on the same motor. My brother had a 91 one that went to 270k, then the speedometer broke but he still put an estimated 50k more on it. I now drive a 2000 Silverado. Its at 118k and i know it will have no problem putting in another 118k. I am telling you, these things can take a beating. I can hop curbs, cut through medians and fields and plow through 14+ inches of water like its nothing, not to mention that when i'm in a hurry, people yield to me and stay out of my way (except for other truck drivers). It also comes in handy if you need do some moving/hauling and or towing. No suspension problems at all. If you want something Nice, clean, powerful, durable and dependable, you need to get into the truck game......the only flaws though, I'm not gonna lie, I have trouble parking in certain lots and gas sucks. But seriously I don't care what anyone says, I love my truck.

silverado3500hd_50.jpg

images

images

31972090001_large.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Appreciate your enthusiasm but the gas thing is a pretty substantial flaw.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

I now drive a 2000 Silverado. Its at 118k and i know it will have no problem putting in another 118k. I am telling you, these things can take a beating.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
RIP

Something Japanese. You're around 30 so I would go with a Maxima or TL personally. Something elegant. Stay away from German Luxury because they will eat your pockets, stick to Japanese if you must go Luxury. Also, VWs are great. I would get the Passat CC.

Back
Top Bottom