Please LOCk

i wouldn't mind Mike Martz begin the OC too, if Norv get swoop up by another team. I think the Raiders have Offensive players to run that offense.
Oh man...completely forgot about Martz. He's another really good OC...maybe believes his own hype a little too much, but a HUGE upgrade for us.

Also, this just in :lol:

@RaiderNewsFlash: SOURCE: Reggie McKenzie will try to land Chan Gaily as the next Raiders OC There are 3 other coaches he likes, do not know the names

His offense was not bad considering the lack of receiving talent and below average QB in Buffalo. Although, it is disturbing how he basically ignored the dynamic duo of Spiller/Jackson. :rolleyes

Mike Martz would be in love with the guys on the offense.

Norv Turner would be nice.

What kind of offense does Chan Gaily run?

Well, Gaily's interesting. He tailored the offense in Buffalo around a weak-armed QB (Fitzpatrick) so you saw a spread type of formation with a plethora of shorter-intermediate passes. The Bills struggled immensely when defenses like the Jets manned up and forced Fitzpatrick to throw over the top of the Defense. The real major knock on Chan Gaily is his inability to get his biggest playmakers involved (sound familiar?). People often questioned why not tailor the offensive attack around two really good RB's...as opposed to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

@RaiderNewsFlash: THIS JUST IN: Norv Turner maybe a Raiders coach again. Turner is on McKenzie and D.A wish list for OC

Do it.

A lot of raiders personnel should be seeking new employment in the near future.

Why not just let Saunders run the offense? He is still on the payroll, right?

I think the only ppl that are safe are Reece, palmer, Myers, Wheeler, and Janikowski. Everybody else is subject to getting cut. Especially those with large salaries like Seymour and Kelly.

Well, Gaily's interesting. He tailored the offense in Buffalo around a weak-armed QB (Fitzpatrick) so you saw a spread type of formation with a plethora of shorter-intermediate passes. The Bills struggled immensely when defenses like the Jets manned up and forced Fitzpatrick to throw over the top of the Defense. The real major knock on Chan Gaily is his inability to get his biggest playmakers involved (sound familiar?). People often questioned why not tailor the offensive attack around two really good RB's...as opposed to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

@RaiderNewsFlash: THIS JUST IN: Norv Turner maybe a Raiders coach again. Turner is on McKenzie and D.A wish list for OC

Do it.

The kind that ignores the best RB available :lol:

But really, from that report it sounds like Allen no longer has his pick of the litter when it comes to hiring coordinators. I suppose that's fine, I might rather have Reggie making this choice than a young, still raw coach. But Gailey's use of Spiller/Jackson was disturbing. I want a coordinator who will recognize what's in front of him and make the necessary changes. Let's see where the rumors go, but if Chan is on the list then I'd also like to see Norv considered as well, even though I think I noted in the season thread that I didn't expect him back here.

Last edited:
I suppose all the names we've encountered so far are an upgrade from Greg Knapp. With that said, Norv Turner >>> Chan Gaily. Gaily had that Bills offense explosive at times with a severe lack of talent...but ignoring Jackson/Spiller was criminal. I firmly believe Norv Turner has accepted his fate as a well-respected OC and should be done looking for the next HC opening. Plus there's the aspect of him seeking revenge on SD two times a year. I have my fingers crossed :lol:

And then there's this...around the 3 minute mark...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/pryor-i-missed-some-throws-i-could-have-made

Last edited:
I suppose all the names we've encountered so far are an upgrade from Greg Knapp. With that said, Norv Turner >>> Chan Gaily. Gaily had that Bills offense explosive at times with a severe lack of talent...but ignoring Jackson/Spiller was criminal. I firmly believe Norv Turner has accepted his fate as a well-respected OC and should be done looking for the next HC opening. Plus there's the aspect of him seeking revenge on SD two times a year. I have my fingers crossed :lol:

Beautiful way he talked about his performance. Very humble and seems like he is willing to listen and WORK. I love it.

The part about "I wanna know how Carson assesses me." Glad to see they have a good relationship.

Although, part of me feels like Pryor would be great in a West Coast offense scheme. Meh...whatever.lol.

In regards to Chan Gaily...If he legit ignored Spiller/Jackson....Who knows what would even happen to Mcfadden/Reece/Goodson.

I suppose all the names we've encountered so far are an upgrade from Greg Knapp. With that said, Norv Turner >>> Chan Gaily. Gaily had that Bills offense explosive at times with a severe lack of talent...but ignoring Jackson/Spiller was criminal. I firmly believe Norv Turner has accepted his fate as a well-respected OC and should be done looking for the next HC opening. Plus there's the aspect of him seeking revenge on SD two times a year. I have my fingers crossed
laugh.gif

plus Norv from the bay area, also i think it be better for Pryor having Norv coach him while sitting behind Palmer a few years ...this kid Pryor seem to have a good work ethic too

btw. 30% off Raider Image online webstore code : SV30

Last edited:
Looking at all these mock draft, seem like its deep with defensive player, I agreed we should trade our #3 pick for more pick....mckineze known for finding players late anyways.

What's up everyone, unfortunately I wasn't as active in game/season threads for the 2nd half of the season due to the loss of a couple family members and a close friend's father in a span of the past couple months, even missed a few home games for the first time in awhile. I figured I'd get my input in on this offseason since I missed so much.

-Defense is the number 1 priority. Pass rush was pathetic, run defense wasn't much better (see Muscle Hamster). Along with that our corners are inexperienced and quite frankly just not that good. DE/OLB/MLB/CB HAVE to be addressed this year before anything else outside of RG/RT.

-As far as coaching staff goes, I'm not in love with Allen but I don't mind giving him another year. I ******g hate Norv but he's miles better than Knapp as an OC,might as well give him a shot at this point since Whisenhunt is most likely gonna land another HC job...I'm not huge on Tarver either but he had **** for personell to work with this year so I can't be too mad at him.

-Drop Rolando, sign/draft a MLB with a real work ethic. I don't think I need to say much else, waste of money and dude is a **** head, words cannot express my disappointment with him. I really thought he was one of our most legit picks in the past decade and would really help turn the D around. Wheeler (if we resign him) and Burris can be real nice on the outside for us for awhile, just need to fill that hole in the middle.

-Somehow get a true possession receiver. Our 2 best receivers regressed statistically this season and they're both way too young to be going through that. I'm a big fan of both (+Streater) but none of the guys on the team are reliable enough to be a consistent number 1 option. I'm really bummed about how many passes Moore dropped this year, dude didn't look the same at all this year. I personally don't give a **** what we do with Jacoby Ford.

Looking at all these mock draft, seem like its deep with defensive player, I agreed we should trade our #3 pick for more pick....mckineze known for finding players late anyways.

1st round
2nd round
3rd round
3rd round
3rd round
4th round
5th round
5th round
6th round
6th round
7th round
7th round
7th round
7th round

Lets make a deal! You can have Alex too!! :smokin

If you're going to give us Alex you better give us more picks, too.

After being duped into thinking Alex was just a victim of circumstance for years, after a while I had enough and I became a staunch Alex critic. But even with that being said, he has become a serviceable NFL quarterback. I think he is a slight downgrade from Carson personally, but some dont feel that way. Even if we agree that Carson is a little bit better, cutting Carson and taking on Alex's salary would save you $13M over the next two seasons, and save you even more against the cap.

So by slightly downgrading to Alex, it would allow you to use money to address other needs.

My trade offer would be Alex, our first rounder (#25-32 overall), our second rounder, and the rights to the Panther's 3rd round pick for your #3 overall pick. I think thats a win win for both teams honestly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom