Please LOCk

Don't want Alex either

Thats fine to say. Neither do I. :lol:

But my question about the cap numbers is very vaild dont you think? The Raiders arent going to be really good in 2013. Probably not in 2014 either. Carson is going to cost you guys a TON of your capspace. If you arent going to be a top team, and will likely be grooming a QB anyways, why not replace Carson with Alex? I dont disagree with you that Carson is better than Alex. He is. But its not a HUGE difference, and it would save you a ton of money.

Thats all I am sayin.

I know what your saying. But this teams Defense is beyond pathetic. That's my main concern at this point

Don't want Alex either

Thats fine to say. Neither do I. :lol:

But my question about the cap numbers is very vaild dont you think? The Raiders arent going to be really good in 2013. Probably not in 2014 either. Carson is going to cost you guys a TON of your capspace. If you arent going to be a top team, and will likely be grooming a QB anyways, why not replace Carson with Alex? I dont disagree with you that Carson is better than Alex. He is. But its not a HUGE difference, and it would save you a ton of money.

Thats all I am sayin.

Cutting Carson will still result in a huge cap hit. My guess is that the team is resigned to having Carson for one more year and drafting a project QB to compete with Terrelle/earn the starting spot down the road and then give Carson his walking papers the year after next. Seems cheaper than taking on another team's QB who just signed his own contract recently.

I know what your saying. But this teams Defense is beyond pathetic. That's my main concern at this point

Dont you think cutting Carson to save money, and trading your #3 pick for Alex and a boatload of picks would ultimately help you in improving your defense though?

Cutting Carson will still result in a huge cap hit. My guess is that the team is resigned to having Carson for one more year and drafting a project QB to compete with Terrelle/earn the starting spot down the road and then give Carson his walking papers the year after next. Seems cheaper than taking on another team's QB who just signed his own contract recently.

Oh really? I thought the rest of his contract wasnt guaranteed? My bad if thats the case.

Oh really? I thought the rest of his contract wasnt guaranteed? My bad if thats the case.

Yeah, it's guaranteed. That was the price Reggie had to pay in order to bring the team under the cap for this past season. Al Davis left the team in terrible shape in terms of salaries, and Reggie's primary goal in the beginning was to rectify the issue. So he negotiated with Carson's agent to change his base salary for the year to the minimum in exchange for another year tacked on and moving the money around those two years.

Carson won't take us to the Super Bowl and he's overpaid as hell, but he's what we're stuck with for the time being and I'm guessing his successor will be coming shortly through the draft or even through a trade, but it won't be for a starter making significant money.

Best thing for us to do this draft: TRADE DOWN

This team has way too many holes and nobody stands out in this draft.

Last edited:
Of course we have the #3 pick the one year it'll be tough to trade down while gaining and not losing value

We may have to drop back into the late teens and only pick up a 5/7, 6/7 in the process

Of course we have the #3 pick the one year it'll be tough to trade down while gaining and not losing value

We may have to drop back into the late teens and only pick up a 5/7, 6/7 in the process

nobody stands out in this draft.

Ok :lol:

As much as trading down makes sense for the state of the team, what the **** are we going to trade down for? I keep hearing people say trade down but they won't specify what they want to trade down for. Take Jarvis/Manti and let's get this **** rolling.

Trade down for DL, OL, DE and CB parts. Not all of which may be addressed through the draft, but it'll definitely be the cheapest and quickest way to take chances at those parts.

Ok
laugh.gif

As much as trading down makes sense for the state of the team, what the **** are we going to trade down for? I keep hearing people say trade down but they won't specify what they want to trade down for. Take Jarvis/Manti and let's get this **** rolling.
Jarvis? That dude is too small, we need guys who can stop the run. And to take Manti, as good as he may be, a MLB as the 3rd overall pick? No thanks.

You trade down for more picks to build depth. Something this team has nothing of.

grin.gif

Ok :lol:

Jarvis? That dude is too small, we need guys who can stop the run. And to take Manti, as good as he may be, a MLB as the 3rd overall pick? No thanks.

You trade down for more picks to build depth. Something this team has nothing of.

>D

The team needs depth but how many players start on that defense that wouldn't start on 95% of other NFL teams? Even the ones that would start(outside of Houston/Wheeler/Burris/Branch) would of been benched for their piss poor play. Seymour and Kelly really don't give a **** anymore, their backup had more sacks than both of them combined.

Last edited:
when the hell are the raiders gonna win the superbowl.....it is a different team every year anyway.....have to be their turn soon.......or what ? ......
smile.gif

This is absurd. A pick in the late teens + a 6 & 7 (or 5&7)? A third overall pick is worth far more than this, even in a draft that doesnt appear to be incredibly top heavy.

This is absurd. A pick in the late teens + a 6 & 7 (or 5&7)? A third overall pick is worth far more than this, even in a draft that doesnt appear to be incredibly top heavy.

It's not that absurd.

Of course this is all pre-combine talk, if Geno gets locked in @ 1 to Reid, it helps the Raiders out tremendously in terms of trading down. Teams will be willing to jump if that missing piece is there.

You are not going to see a ********/STL trade though

I'd be ecstatic trading into the teens and picking up a 2nd rounder (which we dont have this year), but unless someone blows up at the combine, that isn't happening.

1/5/7 or a 1/4/7 for #3 is very realistic

It's not that absurd.

Of course this is all pre-combine talk, if Geno gets locked in @ 1 to Reid, it helps the Raiders out tremendously in terms of trading down. Teams will be willing to jump if that missing piece is there.

You are not going to see a ********/STL trade though

I'd be ecstatic trading into the teens and picking up a 2nd rounder (which we dont have this year), but unless someone blows up at the combine, that isn't happening.

1/5/7 or a 1/4/7 for #3 is very realistic

Well if a 1/5/7 is all it would take for the #3 pick, I hope you make the call across the bay. There have been many studies and reports that quantify how much specific draft pick spots are worth, and the Raiders accepting a late 1/5/7 for the #3 pick would be basically giving the pick away (according to said studies/reports).

Hey bro, this is your thread and not mine. If you would be happy with that trade, I would be happy for you.

When was last time we made a deal with team across the bay? These team never make deals

True, but if a 1/5/7 is all its gonna take, I dont see why the Raiders wouldnt make the call. Seeing as how was have 14 picks in this upcoming draft, we could really help each other out. We could blow that potential package out of the water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom