Please respond with an answer NT

If I bought a pair of shoes in Missouri while on vacation where there is tax on clothes and such, then I come back home to Minnesota where is no tax on clothes or shoes. I go to return what I bought, does the store owe me the tax back too? or am I just SOL on the tax?

they owe you what you paid as long as you're in return policy. let them know about the tax difference, make sure they know how to change it in the system, double check your receipt before you leave.

Why would they give you money back you never paid? I assume they would just give you back the cost of the shoe w/o the tax. It makes sense. If you want the tax back, go to Missouri and return the shoe
laugh.gif

A full refund should be given, so you'll get it all back. Otherwise the store would have to pay that extra tax $ that they don't really need to

Was this purchased at big retail chain? If you have a receipt you will get back exactly what you paid.

The tax is owed back to you. The store doesn't keep it. But why did Missouri change its tax law?

The store in MN won't give you the tax back but you can send the receipt to the original store and have them give you the tax back.

Originally Posted by beh235

Why would they give you money back you never paid? I assume they would just give you back the cost of the shoe w/o the tax. It makes sense. If you want the tax back, go to Missouri and return the shoe
laugh.gif
Translation: I cant read...

But yea that is a good question but they will prolly return everything you paid regardless if there's no sales tax in Minny

Full refund will be given. The store will have to manually edit the tax. This happend a couple of times at my old store because a neighboring city had a 1% tax difference. 

No. You bought the clothes and shoes in the state with tax, returning it in a state with no tax and expecting a full refund wouldn't make sense.

It'd be like buying a hoody when it's on sale and then returning it expecting to get a refund for the actual price.

They give you what you paid for. I bought a flashlight at Walmart in CA and returned it in Oregon and I got the amount I paid, tax as well. Oregon lost $1.65

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It'd be like buying a hoody when it's on sale and then returning it expecting to get a refund for the actual price.

It's nothing like that.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

If I bought a pair of shoes in Missouri while on vacation where there is tax on clothes and such, then I come back home to Minnesota where is no tax on clothes or shoes. I go to return what I bought, does the store owe me the tax back too? or am I just SOL on the tax?

were they true blue 3s?

Back
Top Bottom